Arnie Fielkow's blueprint for success for Tulane Athletics

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote: I believe the fix is in.

Arnie never stood a chance. Too old. Too white. Too male.

God Bless Everyone!
JDTulane
Riptide

I have a small problem with the docs being released. I'm much more concerned over content however and I appreciate someone with winning as such a focus. I think he'd be a great hire.

I'll be incredibly flummoxed by an in house hire.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

According to Asher, Fielkow had nothing to do with the leak. It was all Eric.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
OUG
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote:According to Asher, Fielkow had nothing to do with the leak. It was all Eric.
Eric got it from someone. A real head scratcher on how you send this to a journalist and not expect it to leak.
OUG
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote:
tpstulane wrote: I believe the fix is in.

Arnie never stood a chance. Too old. Too white. Too male.
A total of one of our 5 candidates named candidates are women.

All are white.

I don't think the narrative about the poor old oppressed white guy fits here. We're looking at 4 white guys and white woman.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

OUG wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:According to Asher, Fielkow had nothing to do with the leak. It was all Eric.
Eric got it from someone. A real head scratcher on how you send this to a journalist and not expect it to leak.
He's explaining everything now ON-AIR.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Benson said to Tulane no to Arnie per Eric.
Great show. No need for questions. Eric A answering everything
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Hornetswave
Low Tide

Thanks listening to him now,
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hours and hours of prep work. Didn't even get an interview.
Benson controlling all things at Tulane. Threatened to cut off all use of IPF and donations.
Tulane Class of 1981
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:Hours and hours of prep work. Didn't even get an interview.
Benson controlling all things at Tulane. Threatened to cut off all use of IPF and donations.
This is sickening!
waveclem
Surge

Asher is absolutely going off right now. He's pulling back the curtains and the cockroaches are running!!! Beautiful.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

waveclem wrote:Asher is absolutely going off right now. He's pulling back the curtains and the cockroaches are running!!! Beautiful.
Incredible exposure. Just incredible.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Saints pushing Barbara Burke for the job.
Sean Payton connection.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Shots fired!

http://ericasher.com/

If we hire Burke I am done unless she can's both coaches.

I straight up don;t understand why people have a problem with this going public.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

lets see if Tulane still has the balls to hire Barbara Burke now.
sader24
Tsunami

As predicted someone in the know leaked Arnie's plan to Asher to expose what was going on. Benson is senile and will be dead soon, Payton won't be here much longer. We've now become beholden to the Saints b/c we begged for their money for a stadium instead of building our own IPF. This is corruption and a screwup on an absolutely massive level.
JTLiuzza
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:It's as if he read this board and put everything we wanted and believe is possible into print! We need to make it public, so that if he really isn't chosen and we end up with Burke or Sidwell, the Board gets exposed.
I sent it out via Email to 50 Tulane supporters and also posted it on FB. It's every Tulane diehard fan's dream for what can and should take place.
He was passed over for lack of AD experience.
He could be president of the US but he's not qualified to be AD at Tulane. Lol
You can't make this stuff up.
Wouldn't that pretty much eliminate everyone except Burke and Sidwell? Unless they're considering Deputy or Associate or Assistant AD as AD experience. Doing their best to put roadblocks to success everywhere they can.

This must be what Goldring meant by Tulane's "inherent challenges". Only Tulane can have a Board so clueless as to not know their aZZ from a hole in the ground.
And lack of head coaching experience (or even coordinator experience) sure didn't keep them from hiring Coach Johnson. Come to think of it Fitts was never a university president nor was Cowen, right?
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

JTLiuzza wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:It's as if he read this board and put everything we wanted and believe is possible into print! We need to make it public, so that if he really isn't chosen and we end up with Burke or Sidwell, the Board gets exposed.
I sent it out via Email to 50 Tulane supporters and also posted it on FB. It's every Tulane diehard fan's dream for what can and should take place.
He was passed over for lack of AD experience.
He could be president of the US but he's not qualified to be AD at Tulane. Lol
You can't make this stuff up.
Wouldn't that pretty much eliminate everyone except Burke and Sidwell? Unless they're considering Deputy or Associate or Assistant AD as AD experience. Doing their best to put roadblocks to success everywhere they can.

This must be what Goldring meant by Tulane's "inherent challenges". Only Tulane can have a Board so clueless as to not know their aZZ from a hole in the ground.
And lack of head coaching experience (or even coordinator experience) sure didn't keep them from hiring Coach Johnson.
Great point, shows this is all about the Benson's corrupting the process both with the FBall HC and now the AD.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Rich Rod all over again.
Tulane Class of 1981
OUG
Riptide

This whole thing is going to make it a lot harder for us to bring in a qualified outside candidate.

The drama and politics surrounding this do not make Tulane seem like an attractive option to an outside hire.

We had Baylor and Auburn candidates interested 24 hours ago, being interviewed. This just FUBARs the whole process for potentially luring someone talented from outside.

I know people just want to see Rome burn so we can rebuild it, but that's an illusion. It's never going to be burnt to the ground and we're never going to get to rebuild it. I know people are getting their catharsis right now but I think we just assured that BB is the hire. Nobody else will want to step into this mess.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

OUG wrote:This whole thing is going to make it a lot harder for us to bring in a qualified outside candidate.

The drama and politics surrounding this do not make Tulane seem like an attractive option to an outside hire.

We had Baylor and Auburn candidates interested 24 hours ago, being interviewed. This just FUBARs the whole process for potentially luring someone talented from outside.

I know people just want to see Rome burn so we can rebuild it, but that's an illusion. It's never going to be burnt to the ground and we're never going to get to rebuild it. I know people are getting their catharsis right now but I think we just assured that BB is the hire. Nobody else will want to step into this mess.
I respectfully disagree. If anything this means BB has less of a chance and may lesson the influence of the Saints mafia regarding BB/this hire.

The stink emanating from the Wilson Center is well known throughout the industry. We need to start acting like a real athletic program and all this doc did was lay out a plan to do so. That's progress and actually judging by wins/losses. Your POV is very Yggie-ish, just bury your head in the sand.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

OUG wrote:This whole thing is going to make it a lot harder for us to bring in a qualified outside candidate.

I completely disagree. In the history of Tulane athletics when the administration/board gets embarrassed it usually forces them to do the right thing.
JTLiuzza
Swell

sader24 wrote:As predicted someone in the know leaked Arnie's plan to Asher to expose what was going on. Benson is senile and will be dead soon, Payton won't be here much longer. We've now become beholden to the Saints b/c we begged for their money for a stadium instead of building our own IPF. This is corruption and a screwup on an absolutely massive level.
You would think Benson has enough on his plate worrying about his crappy football team.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And the YOGGIES are vilifying Arnie, saying he's classless to have let this leak, and they're glad he's not under consideration. What a bunch of losers.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG I usually agree with you on just about everything. I disagree on this one. This man deserved an interview. It needed to be exposed.
Benson and Loomis controlling everything. Fielkow was going to fire CJ and the Saints probably don't want this to happen. The fix is in.
Tulane Class of 1981