Arnie Fielkow's blueprint for success for Tulane Athletics

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Wow, just wow. This was posted by long green over on the YOGGIE forum. He's one of the worst of the Green-colored glasses bunch:
on edit: as a production, The Playbook was wayyyyy more professional looking than this.
I have on occasion visited the Yoggie board to see what's going on, but I have to say that after today, this news, and their reaction, I am done. It was always very clear and evident the censored message of Tulane athletics they wanted to portray, but if this latest fiasco with Tulane doesn't even partially unite any of our thoughts, they truly are delusional. End rant.
No idea if this guy is a yoggie but on Twitter this person, who was making a big deal about AF misspelling Schiano's name, literally said "also keep in mind that if you took out records result, you'd make the hire of CJ 9/10 more times."

You just can't make this stuff up.

https://twitter.com/NewFoundGoody/statu ... 9210793986
Tweet has been deleted.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Wow, just wow. This was posted by long green over on the YOGGIE forum. He's one of the worst of the Green-colored glasses bunch:
on edit: as a production, The Playbook was wayyyyy more professional looking than this.
I have on occasion visited the Yoggie board to see what's going on, but I have to say that after today, this news, and their reaction, I am done. It was always very clear and evident the censored message of Tulane athletics they wanted to portray, but if this latest fiasco with Tulane doesn't even partially unite any of our thoughts, they truly are delusional. End rant.
No idea if this guy is a yoggie but on Twitter this person, who was making a big deal about AF misspelling Schiano's name, literally said "also keep in mind that if you took out records result, you'd make the hire of CJ 9/10 more times."

Tweet has been deleted.
It does require a special level of brainwashing to arrive at the "9 times out of 10" conclusion on CJ. Just like, "except for everything measurable, Rick Dickson has been a really great AD".
RobertM320
Green Wave

What are these guys smoking? Dickson's Playbook was meant as a marketing tool to hundreds, if not thousands of people. Fielkow was presenting his vision to a committee of what, 10-15 people?

long green
Post subject: Re: Tulane Announces Athletic Director Search Committee and PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:37 pm
Emerald Circle

The point about the Playbook is not that RD is great or that he could meet any goals he set but that Fielkow's presentation did not look as professional.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JTLiuzza
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Asher is a media person that calls it as he see's it. He's not controlled by anyone. He had info and being in the media he feels it is in his duty to expose wrongdoing. He believes Benson is controlling Tulane too much. People can agree or disagree. This is his opinion. He's stated Tulane is rehashing 1998 Rich Rod all over again. He feels that it smells just like the insiders when they derailed Rod for Scelfo. His man is Fielkow and he feels the guy has been blackballed by Benson.
So he wanted Tulane fans to see what they missed out on because otherwise it would have never came to light. Until Tulane does something right like win, most in the public will continue to think they are incompetent when it comes to running a successful athletic dept.
I'm grateful to Asher for this. Wish there were more in the media who cared enough about Tulane to expose their shenanigans. I think Ed Daniels does a good job as well. I note every time he pens a piece on Tulane the usual suspects come out and trash him.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
JTLiuzza
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:It does require a special level of brainwashing to arrive at the "9 times out of 10" conclusion on CJ. Just like, "except for everything measurable, Rick Dickson has been a really great AD".
Yes. "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, wasn't it a great play?"
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:What are these guys smoking? Dickson's Playbook was meant as a marketing tool to hundreds, if not thousands of people. Fielkow was presenting his vision to a committee of what, 10-15 people?

long green
Post subject: Re: Tulane Announces Athletic Director Search Committee and PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:37 pm
Emerald Circle

The point about the Playbook is not that RD is great or that he could meet any goals he set but that Fielkow's presentation did not look as professional.
Here are the two things I took away from the Playbook that actually went as planned:
1) We here at Tulane don't judge by wins and loses.
2) If you don't like it you can go across the street.
Boy it was spot on!
We continue to lose and many have since went across the street.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:

Tweet has been deleted.
Funny. He was getting some flack for the CJ comment. He followed that one up with "I was there when the hire was made and I believe it had the makings of something special."
Show Me
Tsunami

I wish more media would expose Tulane corruption. It's the same ole same ole once again. If BB or SS is hired I'm am done buying tickets and donating to Tulane. This is disgusting to throw that proposal in the trash can. It shows the public that Tulane has no interest whatsoever in changing its ways. Burke will be hired and Johnson will be retained. Sidwell will get the COO job Burke now holds and Yulman will be the white elephant many here predicted only sooner.
GreenGears
Low Tide

I like how the one thing that Tulane Athletics never fails at, is disappointing it's alumni. If not embarrassing us at no extra charge.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just found out that was a draft that Arnie sent to Eric to review. EA decided to post that version. The spelling was corrected before being submitted to Hertz. People that believe that was the final version are mistaken. Now go find something else to bitch about enablers.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Just found out that was a draft that Arnie sent to Eric to review. EA decided to post that version. The spelling was corrected before being submitted to Hertz. People that believe that was the final version are mistaken. Now go find something else to bitch about enablers.
+1. Who gives a rats ass anyway if there was a misspelling of a name. We're not looking for the next Spelling Bee Champ. Jeez.
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Just found out that was a draft that Arnie sent to Eric to review. EA decided to post that version. The spelling was corrected before being submitted to Hertz. People that believe that was the final version are mistaken. Now go find something else to bitch about enablers.
I lack the inside connections that many of you have, but this doesn't make any sense. Would a candidate that is preparing a confidential resume for a very private job search actually send a copy to a radio personality for proofreading??

* Imagining David Vitter sending a 'DC Madam' report to Rachel Maddow for proofreading. *
waveclem
Surge

Eric Asher has said over 100 times in the past 2 days that him and Arnie Fielkow are great friends. He sent a rough draft to his friend for an opinion.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

waveclem wrote:Eric Asher has said over 100 times in the past 2 days that him and Arnie Fielkow are great friends. He sent a rough draft to his friend for an opinion.
Thank you.
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

waveclem wrote:Eric Asher has said over 100 times in the past 2 days that him and Arnie Fielkow are great friends. He sent a rough draft to his friend for an opinion.
Then Asher did his great friend a great disservice by releasing it to the public in its rough form.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:
Then Asher did his great friend a great disservice by releasing it to the public in its rough form.
The real disservice here was done by Tulane for not even interviewing him.
Since we are going to talk about disservice how about the disservice that happened to Tulane grad Lionel Washington who should have been named head coach instead of CJ thanks to the Saints influence.
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Asher is a media person that calls it as he see's it. He's not controlled by anyone. .
That's a little naive.
While he's not controlled by anyone, he has been tight with Fielkow for a long time. Fielkow was great on the city council and he would consistently leak info to Asher with a purpose. It was win-win. Fielkow got what he needed, and Asher got an excellent reputation as being an advocate for good government.
Yes, Benson vetoing him stinks. But donors do that sort of thing everywhere. The difference is that there is little evidence that Benson (and the rest) really care about Tulane winning and becoming P5.
ExileWave
Surge

DrBox wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Asher is a media person that calls it as he see's it. He's not controlled by anyone. .
That's a little naive.
While he's not controlled by anyone, he has been tight with Fielkow for a long time. Fielkow was great on the city council and he would consistently leak info to Asher with a purpose. It was win-win. Fielkow got what he needed, and Asher got an excellent reputation as being an advocate for good government.
Yes, Benson vetoing him stinks. But donors do that sort of thing everywhere. The difference is that there is little evidence that Benson (and the rest) really care about Tulane winning and becoming P5.
Benson has no interest in Tulane's success. "Benson Field" is an ego stroker for him. I doubt CJ could get his old Saints job back anyway. I have always thought that Benson's donation was to get us out of the Dome, and also buy his wife a BOA seat.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:
That's a little naive.
EA stated on his show that he was looking out for his friend and thought an injustice was done. Had he not been close to AF he would not have been privy to that info. Since he was he stated that he wanted to bring it to light so Tulane fans could see what they were missing out on by not at least interviewing AF. He stated that certain TU board members told AF to submit that he would get a shot at the AD job. So he spent a lot of hours preparing that document only to be told he lacked AD experience and wasn't qualified to even get an interview. That stinks and is par for the course for Tulane since they lied to the man.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

ExileWave wrote:
DrBox wrote:
That's a little naive.
Benson has no interest in Tulane's success. "Benson Field" is an ego stroker for him. I doubt CJ could get his old Saints job back anyway. I have always thought that Benson's donation was to get us out of the Dome, and also buy his wife a BOA seat.
If this was true, why would it matter to him who Tulane hired? People hold grudges a long time, especially old, grumpy billionaires.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here is the podcast of the show. I recommend everyone listen. It starts at the 7 minute mark.
http://wgso.com/podcast/insideneworleans/ino111915.mp3
Tulane Class of 1981
LSU-MD
Low Tide

If the Saints are calling the shots on the AD hire then it is an out and out disgrace. The Saints should have no influence on who Tulane interviews or hires for AD and Coach. Fitts better take back the Athletic Department. Screw their IPF. We should build our own. Sean Payton is going to the Miami Dolphins and CJ can follow him there.
Dear Sweet Baby Jesus, let that happen. I am a Saints fan, but live in south Fl so that would be a double win for me. It would let the Saints clean house and go in a new direction and it will probably help out the Dolphins too. It could be a Andy Reid type situation and as long as the Saints don't hire a college coach with a radical offense (who needs to leave the NFL and go to LSU :D ) that can't work in the NFL it could be a win-win for the Saints and Dolphins. [BTW if you google maps the dolphins practice facility at Nova Southeastern and you can get an idea of what an olympic village with indoor practice facility on the Jefferson Highway property is feasible. I have friends that are Nova grads and they say the athletic property is ~14 acres of the 314 acre campus.The JH property is longer than is wide so if you can visualize this in your mind try and follow along. Turn Nova's soccer fields with the tennis facility, turn the dolphins' practice fields into Tulane's outdoor track and soccer complex, turn the Dolphins bubble into a Marshall or Vandy like indoor practice facility and indoor track combo, replace Nova's baseball field (since Tulane already has one of those) with a football field set up like Temple's 1 full 120 yd field in front of a half field at the tip of the proerty.]

I can understand wanting someone with college experience as your AD, but you have to atleast give somebody that submits a plan like AF's an interview.

Also why does Asher or anybody want the LeBlanc's to get the Saints? If you don't like Benson because of his antics, personality, past acts, being an a-hole, or trying to move the team why do you want a younger version of him in Rita take control? The Leblanc's would be Airline Drive Mafia 2.0 and 40 years younger. Rita was groomed for over 10 years and that timeframe included the the alleged San Antonio move, a San Antonio native, and worst of all an Aggie :sick: . The only way to get rid of the Airline Mafia would be to have the court battle get so ugly that the NFL and NBA say enough is enough and forces the Bensons to sale. Since Benson was ruled competent and allowed to fire Rita and the Leblanc's that won't happen since the shares in the Texas trust fund are nonvoting shares.
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: EA stated on his show that he was looking out for his friend and thought an injustice was done. Had he not been close to AF he would not have been privy to that info. Since he was he stated that he wanted to bring it to light so Tulane fans could see what they were missing out on by not at least interviewing AF. He stated that certain TU board members told AF to submit that he would get a shot at the AD job. So he spent a lot of hours preparing that document only to be told he lacked AD experience and wasn't qualified to even get an interview. That stinks and is par for the course for Tulane since they lied to the man.
Exactly. He was looking out for his friend, and Tulane secondary (if that). Frankly, I don't give a crap if Tulane was "unfair" to him. Tulane has been "too fair" for too long.
Now, should he have been a finalist? Given some of the names on the list, clearly yes.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:
tpstulane wrote: EA stated on his show that he was looking out for his friend and thought an injustice was done. Had he not been close to AF he would not have been privy to that info. Since he was he stated that he wanted to bring it to light so Tulane fans could see what they were missing out on by not at least interviewing AF. He stated that certain TU board members told AF to submit that he would get a shot at the AD job. So he spent a lot of hours preparing that document only to be told he lacked AD experience and wasn't qualified to even get an interview. That stinks and is par for the course for Tulane since they lied to the man.
Exactly. He was looking out for his friend, and Tulane secondary (if that). Frankly, I don't give a crap if Tulane was "unfair" to him. Tulane has been "too fair" for too long.
Now, should he have been a finalist? Given some of the names on the list, clearly yes.
Listen to that podcast it needs no explanation why Tulane is down to 1,500 or less paying fans.
Tulane Class of 1981
ExileWave
Surge

tpstulane wrote:Here is the podcast of the show. I recommend everyone listen. It starts at the 7 minute mark.
http://wgso.com/podcast/insideneworleans/ino111915.mp3
Thanks for posting TPS. Great commentary and information.....typical New Orleans politics and effort to control Tulane. Every fan needs to hear this. If we end up with Burke or Sidwell, NO ONE should buy tickets to anything Tulane.