2015 AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

UCONN wins 7-6.

GreenLantern
Riptide

Heartbreaker...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This one hurts.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote:Heartbreaker...
+ 1, a tough one anyway you look at it.
Last edited by Wave755 on Fri May 22, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepper
Swell

Tough loss but I think we are in as long as Houston and ECU win tomorrow.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Wave755
Tsunami

:1thumb:
Pepper wrote:Tough loss but I think we are in as long as Houston and ECU win tomorrow.
Jonathan
Riptide

We had this game won today and our relief pitching blew it. We are out of this tournament. No NCAA bid For Tulane that was a lock three days ago. How can you lose to U Conn with Carson not pitching? Our coaches staff and players blew it. the East Carolina game was a disaster with the embarassmen of one of our coaches and two players being ejected.. There is always next year. One game from getting a NCAA bid after 6 years and our team and coaches blew it. To much time on the beach,in the bars or golf course.
JerseyWave
Riptide

A BRUTAL loss blowing a four run 8th inning lead. I'll be shocked if Tulane gets in.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:A BRUTAL loss blowing a four run 8th inning lead. I'll be shocked if Tulane gets in.
We controlled our destiny and blew it. Win today and we'd be a lock. Should we not get in we only have ourselves to blame and not the selection committee.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

Keep the other conferences tourney upsets to a minimum we will be alright. Either way this team is or was fun to watch. Future is bright for baseball. Finishing 3rd and how good this conference is were two big surprises for me. We need to host this tourney in the future.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We are in. Playing for seeding. So let's win it all.
We are not in yet. We are inside the bubble as of now. But lose two straight and we could be back on the bubble. Everyone is playing for seeding. So if we are a 3 seed or a 2 it won't matter since a 2 always plays the 3. We could win it all and not be a 1 seed. The bad thing is they may send us further away if we end up being a 2 seed. Let's win tomorrow and remove all doubt.
Like I said we are in. Try to join the most else here in enjoying it. Getting the 2 may help us stay closer to home. This staff and players relish going back to the Box. Gotta love it.
I guess we'll see who's right now. I just don't see us getting in with a 34-23 record after this loss. Our RPI will drop to the mid 40's. Not going to be good enough with all these upsets going down.
Pepper
Swell

Most publications had our conference getting at a minimum 3 bids. BA had us a 2 seed 4 days ago with 4 teams from our conference making it. The tourney is a piece of the whole pie. As long as Memphis or UConn do not win the tourney I think we are alright. Scanning through some of the other tourneys there are a lot of teams that only won 1 game in our RPI range.
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote:Most publications had our conference getting at a minimum 3 bids. BA had us a 2 seed 4 days ago with 4 teams from our conference making it. The tourney is a piece of the whole pie. As long as Memphis or UConn do not win the tourney I think we are alright. Scanning through some of the other tourneys there are a lot of teams that only won 1 game in our RPI range.
If we get in it will be at USF's expense and their higher RPI.
Pepper
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Pepper wrote:Most publications had our conference getting at a minimum 3 bids. BA had us a 2 seed 4 days ago with 4 teams from our conference making it. The tourney is a piece of the whole pie. As long as Memphis or UConn do not win the tourney I think we are alright. Scanning through some of the other tourneys there are a lot of teams that only won 1 game in our RPI range.
I agree. USF losing earlier today really hurt themself.
JDTulane
Riptide

phpBB [video]
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote:
Show Me wrote:
I agree. USF losing earlier today really hurt themself.
To be honest in or out it was a great achievement by this staff. We don't really have regional like talent. The key during the year is that we played very consistent all year long. If we get in we'll be a low 3 seed in Baton Rouge. Southeastern blew their at large bid with today's loss. So we'll take their spot if we go somewhere.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We are in. Playing for seeding. So let's win it all.
We are not in yet. We are inside the bubble as of now. But lose two straight and we could be back on the bubble. Everyone is playing for seeding. So if we are a 3 seed or a 2 it won't matter since a 2 always plays the 3. We could win it all and not be a 1 seed. The bad thing is they may send us further away if we end up being a 2 seed. Let's win tomorrow and remove all doubt.
Like I said we are in. Try to join the most else here in enjoying it. Getting the 2 may help us stay closer to home. This staff and players relish going back to the Box. Gotta love it.
I guess we'll see who's right now. I just don't see us getting in with a 34-23 record after this loss. Our RPI will drop to the mid 40's. Not going to be good enough with all these upsets going down.
I could hear you cheering for UCONN from my house. I know your praying for more upsets but we'll be in.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

One game away from getting a NCAA bid and Tulane blew it big time by our reliever pitchers for the last two days. Our primary pitcher today loved to walk U Conn sixwalks! Three days ago we were a lock for a NCAA bid. Today an embarrassment. Our top assistant coach and two players need a legal venue with the umpires and twoTulane players about what happen two nights ago. This is a major embarrassment to Coach Pierce and Tulane need legal counsel to get this resolved . In my opinion this loss today Friday in the last few innings was the worst that I have ever seen at Tulane. The closest to it was the loss to Harvard at the Baton Rouge regional many years ago. The LSUfans laughed the entire week over it. Their players were 300 percent more intelligent than Tulane but none on a athletic scholarship like all Tulane players.
rollwave11
High Tide

D1 Baseball still believes we are solidly in according to their daily stock report. Do not even has us on the bubble
Pepper
Swell

Jonathan wrote:One game away from getting a NCAA bid and Tulane blew it big time by our reliever pitchers for the last two days. Our primary pitcher today loved to walk U Conn sixwalks! Three days ago we were a lock for a NCAA bid. Today an embarrassment. Our top assistant coach and two players need a legal venue with the umpires and twoTulane players about what happen two nights ago. This is a major embarrassment to Coach Pierce and Tulane need legal counsel to get this resolved . In my opinion this loss today Friday in the last few innings was the worst that I have ever seen at Tulane. The closest to it was the loss to Harvard at the Baton Rouge regional many years ago. The LSUfans laughed the entire week over it. Their players were 300 percent more intelligent than Tulane but none on a athletic scholarship like all Tulane players.
Asshole alert!
greenphantom
Swell

rollwave11 wrote:D1 Baseball still believes we are solidly in according to their daily stock report. Do not even has us on the bubble
That would be nice. I really don't think we deserve to be in but I'd take it anyway. Talent level is still mediocre.
Pepper
Swell

greenphantom wrote:
rollwave11 wrote:D1 Baseball still believes we are solidly in according to their daily stock report. Do not even has us on the bubble
That would be nice. I really don't think we deserve to be in but I'd take it anyway. Talent level is still mediocre.
Hitting maybe but not pitching. Our staff is one of the better staffs in D1. I'll say it again. We finished in the top 3 of a 3rd rated conference. That's nothing to sneeze at. I think we are a top 40 club but it will depend on others stealing bids.
waveclem
Surge

To all the idiots that keep responding to Jonathan... STOP FEEDING THE MONKEY! Jonathan is gonna be Jonathan.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
Hitting maybe but not pitching. Our staff is one of the better staffs in D1. I'll say it again. We finished in the top 3 of a 3rd rated conference. That's nothing to sneeze at. I think we are a top 40 club but it will depend on others stealing bids.
I'd add that our defense has been really good too. We all want us to hit better but there are other important aspects of a team. As has been noted I think UCLA won it all hitting .228.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Green Wave
Swell

JDTulane wrote:
phpBB [video]
I laughed then, I cried then, I laughed.

:lol: :cry: :lol:

IMHO: I think we are in!

ROLL WAVE!
ROLL WAVE!