The $10,000,000 Y Challenge

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I purchased a brick. Low level. Made the purchase a while ago, still happy with my investment.

JDTulane
Riptide

We're purchasing a brick as a club.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:We're purchasing a brick as a club.
The GB's are also.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Please throw them through RD's window. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Would they let me buy one that says FIRE RICK DICKSON? Probably not.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Please throw them through RD's window. :mrgreen:
you may only throw bricks, and other items, to break windows during a period of civil unrest or celebrating a National Championship... seems that a small town in Mizzou had a "fire sale" prior to "Black" Friday
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:Would they let me buy one that says FIRE RICK DICKSON? Probably not.
Too many letters, fire dickson would work, not sure if it passes the filters, depends on what TU established as acceptable via the bylaws of the capital raise.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Season over and still no announcement.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As several have posted there is never a challenge issued like this if the matching funds aren't already there. What they try to do w/the time in between the challenge and the closing date is raise even more funds.

Then again this is Tulane and RD.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

winwave wrote:As several have posted there is never a challenge issued like this if the matching funds aren't already there. What they try to do w/the time in between the challenge and the closing date is raise even more funds.

Then again this is Tulane and RD.
Right. If it were a done deal, there should have been an announcement or ceremony at the game or shortly after.

This is very typical Tulane and RD. The NAMED DONOR AND BOARD MEMBER issued a public challenge with a deadline that just expired and as usual people just forget and pretend like it didn't happen. It's just like the athletic director claiming we were tied at the hip with TCU or Cowen calling realignment "rearranging deck chairs on the titanic" and then no one ever mentioned those career-killing level blunders again.
ccap05
Surge

Has there been any news on the Yulman Challenge? Please do not turn this thread into an anti RD diatribe etc. but if the University has made any announcements about the status of the Challenge I have missed them and searching the internet turns up nothing. Thanks.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6255

Steve there is already a thread on this. It should be merged.
ccap05
Surge

winwave wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6255

I have no problem with the thread being merged but I would like a factual response if anyone has any news. Thanks.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ccap05 wrote:

I have no problem with the thread being merged but I would like a factual response if anyone has any news. Thanks.
That thread has factual responses.
ccap05
Surge

winwave wrote:
ccap05 wrote:

That thread has factual responses.
The last update on the thread was from Sept. 18 noting that, I believe, 1.9 million has been raised. I am interested in knowing what the current status of the Challenge is. Thanks.
Jonathan
Riptide

Who really cares about this challenge or this thread?
ccap05
Surge

Jonathan wrote:Who really cares about this challenge or this thread?
I care Jonathan or I would not have posted. If you don't care why are you posting on the thread? The last question was rhetorical- I assume that you are simply a lonely miserable person who like to try and make other people miserable.

Back to the point- has there been any word from Tulane about the outcome of the Yulman Challenge?
RobertM320
Green Wave

If we had REAL reporters in this town covering Tulane, they'd write a column about this and ask Dickson that question. But they're all lazy.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I'd imagine TU is using the brick as a way to get the $10mm after other attempts failed.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:I'd imagine TU is using the brick as a way to get the $10mm after other attempts failed.
Yes. Seems clear that the "challenge" has failed, even though as many have noted real professionals would never have announced this if there was a chance of failure.

And Rick Dickson and Scott Cowen keep receiving paychecks.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I purchased a large brick...inscribed..."RIP Tulane Football"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Update the final cost of the stadium came in at $83 million. There will be new ribbon boards added this current season. Tulane is now $7 million from paying off the stadium. So with the match $6.5 million has been raised and $6.5 million has been matched.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If the cost went up another $3 million then they are $10 million short. Also when the challenge was issued the deadline was the end of the season. Granted they may have agreed to extend it but that's never been announced. Another pathetic performance by RD.
Jonathan
Riptide

If $10m short, just fire Dickson,Conroy and CJ. Should come close to eliminating $10m after a few years. For $83m with no land cost we did not get much. I realize the new Houston stadium cost a lot more but it does not look like a new Texas high school stadium like Yulman.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Once again Tulane is $7 million from paying off Yulman. Of that, Tulane needs to raise only half of that which is $3.5 million because the remainder will be matched by Richard Yulman. The brick program is moving along. It's a 3 for 1 match. So if you buy a $500 brick Tulane will receive an additional $1,000 towards the stadium for a total of $1,500.
Tulane Class of 1981