Vote on the worst Tulane AD in the last 50 or so years.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

The worst Tulane AD in the last 50 years

Rix Yard 1963-76 ("Angry Wave" logo & left the SEC)
21%
Hindman Wall 1976-1985 (Defeated LSU in football 3 times)
5%
Mac Brown 1985-87 (hired himself Independence Bowl)
3%
Chet Gladchuk 1987-1990 (hired Perry Clark)
No votes
Kevin White 1990-1996 (hired Rick Jones and Lisa Stockton)
No votes
Sandy Barbour 1996-1999 (12-0 & hired Tommy Bowden)
3%
Rick Dickson 1999-Present (Failure with hiring head coaches)
69%

Total votes: 78
Show Me
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 pm
Show Me wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:27 pm Disaster Dannen. Somehow managed to make Dickson look acceptable.
Exactly. Dannen and Fitts have taken us in reverse
I can’t even believe the Tulane board managed to find two losers that make Cowen and Dickson acceptable. This is just beyond belief.

nawlinspete
Riptide

Sorry , but Fitts IS NOT a loser . He has done a superb job with academics . Academics are the true purpose of a university , save for the few that are ruined by one that have allowed athletics to get away with anything that will produce wins . Examples , for instance , would be Miles , Orgeron and the MBB joke at LSU .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave755
Tsunami

Fitts is going to raise a billion dollars for
Tulane and then bow out @ about his 10th year as president.

He will leave Tulane at its apogee to that time for its long history as a university.
ajcalhoun
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:17 pm I think some of y'all are nuts, but this is nothing new.

First, in the poll Hindman Wall is given credit for beating LSU thrice but nothing is mentioned about the Wally English fiasco much less the shutting down of the basketball program. Any other candidate on this poll would have to literally murder people to be considered worse, including Rick Dickson.

Second, while it's not looking too good so far we need take a deep breath before judging TD. We better not do anything rash. It's not like talented AD people are lining up to take this job.

This ended the thread in 2017 and should end it today. Yes, we have had a plethora of horrible ADs but until one has the football team forfeit victories and the basketball program shut down completely nobody's taking that title from Hindman Wall.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Picking the worst Tulane AD is as hard as picking Tulane’s worst President. Just too many to pick from.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana