Devlin Fieldhouse (Fogelman Renovations)

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Dickson speaking on Devlin Fieldhouse and some construction video.

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/genrel/110812aam.html

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote:Dickson speaking on Devlin Fieldhouse and some construction video.

Looks great, I'll be there in person on Friday night for the women's home opener.
We all want a new facility but in the meantime this upgrade is heading in the right direction. I'm excited to see it!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ray
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:Dickson speaking on Devlin Fieldhouse and some construction video.

Looks great, I'll be there in person on Friday night for the women's home opener.
We all want a new facility but in the meantime this upgrade is heading in the right direction. I'm excited to see it!
Yeah, it really does look great in there.
AugWave
Swell

I'll be taking lots of pictures tomorrow night while the women kick some a$$.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Charlie Dunn
Ripple

anyone know if additional seats were added as part of the renovation? I heard there would be a slight increase.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

I hope this helps to also kick up womens attendance! They deserve it.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane introduces Devlin Fieldhouse......
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... er_default
Phase one is complete, a $5.2 million restoration that included a new team merchandise shop and concession stand, fresh lighting and 26 more feet of ceiling exposing the original redwood up top.
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

By comparison its beautiful inside
JDTulane
Riptide

Ill post pics later . Looks way nicer
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to Tulane on this renovation. I was extremely impressed and IMO they did a tremendous job on this project and all invoved get an A+. In fact I'm going to upgrade my seats, now if we can only get back to winning like we did in the 1990's this place would rock. It's now 10x's as noisy with the acoustic ceiling removed. The place really is first class. It looks completey different. I believe once people come out they will come back. As a longtime fan, I believe this is the best thing the current Tulane admin has done for us fans.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

I agree with all of the complements on the renovation. I'm actually looking forward to attending games in there. My only complaint is that they closed off and sheetrocked the exit door in the mens room and the restroom wasn't upgraded at all. Now we only have one door going in and coming out. I'm not sure why they did that. Once we start filling the place thats going to be a pain to deal with since we still only have one men's room. The concession stands looked very nice as well. I would suggest that Tulane set up a Kiosk in the lobby for beer sales only. This is done at all nice arena's I've been to.
Last edited by Show Me on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:I agree with all of the complements on the renovation. I'm actually looking forward to attending games in there. My only complaint is that they closed off and sheetrocked the exit door in the mens room and the restroom wasn't upgraded at all. Now we only have one door going in and coming out. I'm not sure why they did that. Once we start filling the place thats going to be a pain to deal with since we still only have one men's room.
You have to be kidding. Of course w/our schedule it won't really be a problem.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JDTulane
Riptide

Show Me wrote:I agree with all of the complements on the renovation. I'm actually looking forward to attending games in there. My only complaint is that they closed off and sheetrocked the exit door in the mens room and the restroom wasn't upgraded at all. Now we only have one door going in and coming out. I'm not sure why they did that. Once we start filling the place thats going to be a pain to deal with since we still only have one men's room.

They're renovating all the bathrooms.
JDTulane
Riptide

winwave wrote:
Who shit in your cornflakes?
Show Me
Tsunami

JDTulane wrote:

Great. I didn't think they would leave that out. Winwave, its a great place to attend a game and the students and fans are going to like it once they attend (you included).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
Who sh*t in your cornflakes?
Simply the truth. People went on just the same after Turchin was redone. Now they complain and the place is empty. I'll never be happy when Tulane does things that scream we are staying small time for all time.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JDTulane
Riptide

winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
Simply the truth. People went on just the same after Turchin was redone. Now they complain and the place is empty. I'll never be happy when Tulane does things that scream we are staying small time for all time.

People are spoiled, entitled assholes. Turchin is beautiful. My only complaints are lack of covered seating and blind spots. Those are small.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
JDTulane wrote:

Great. I didn't think they would leave that out. Winwave, its a great place to attend a game and the students and fans are going to like it once they attend (you included).
Showme it's just one more clear statement that Tulane is happy and content at the bottom levels of D-1. No matter how much lipstick they put on it it's still too small.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:

People are spoiled, entitled assholes. Turchin is beautiful. My only complaints are lack of covered seating and blind spots. Those are small.
You can tell your a Tulanian always blaming the fans. Covered seating was the one thing fans wanted in the real Turchin and were promised in that version. They were then promised again in this version and didn't get it. Too call blind spots a small problem is just plain stupid. You can't see plays and that's small. LOL.
JDTulane
Riptide

winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:

You can tell your a Tulanian always blaming the fans. Covered seating was the one thing fans wanted in the real Turchin and were promised in that version. They were then promised again in this version and didn't get it. Too call blind spots a small problem is just plain stupid. You can't see plays and that's small. LOL.

Blaming fans? Not really. I'm just calling fans that bitch about a facility that nice as if its small time, well, entitled assholes. Which is a large part of the Tulane population. And the blind spots aren't a damning thing. Is it perfect? No. Would 95% of baseball teams at the d1 level kill for Turchin? yeah
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:

Blaming fans? Not really. I'm just calling fans that bitch about a facility that nice as if its small time, well, entitled assholes. Which is a large part of the Tulane population. And the blind spots aren't a damning thing. Is it perfect? No. Would 95% of baseball teams at the d1 level kill for Turchin? yeah
Keep going and you can be Tulane's next AD. You're great w/the "we'll dish out shit and you just have to eat it or your an asshole" mantra of Tulane.
JDTulane
Riptide

winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:

Keep going and you can be Tulane's next AD. You're great w/the "we'll dish out sh*t and you just have to eat it or your an a**hole" mantra of Tulane.

Seriously, WHO SHIT IN YOUR CORNFLAKES? Grab a beer dear God. It's college sports. The renovation is nice. Turchin is nice. Learn crack a smile over SOMETHING.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'll never smile over Tulane doing things that scream we are happy w/being small time and are determined to stay that way. a real shame we have fans that fall for that BS.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
JDTulane wrote:

Showme it's just one more clear statement that Tulane is happy and content at the bottom levels of D-1. No matter how much lipstick they put on it it's still too small.
I concur with that.

It seems like people have forgotten how at one time this program was making a serious push to be a program that would be drawing 6-8,000 fans game after game and be ranked and be making it to postseason year after year.

Are the current powers-who-are content to have the programs competing at the lowest tier of Div. 1 (but try to find a way to charge the premium prices)? It sure seems like it.

I really wish that they would replace Fogelman Arena outright. That's what a serious Div. 1 player would be doing. But instead there's only yet another renovation and they're out there working to convince everyone on how nice it is.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.