OK..since RD's plane made it safetly to the Islands

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

You should be HERE , in N. O. doing your job! NOT vacationing in Hawai'i with our 2-10 football team!!

What's left of the fan base is teetering on the edge of bailing on Tulane due to this ridiculous, clandestine coaching debacle. If you expect support then you must treat the fans better. You and Cowen promised changes. One of those changes HAS to be the manner in which YOU address the fan base. The athletic department has hired a marketing firm to help sell tickets and grow the fan base. I would strongly suggest that you consider hiring a public relations firm to assist with ongoing fan relations. It is something that is SORELY NEEDED.

This patient needs IMMEDIATE attention. Yet, you are like a family member that tells the doctor to "just keep him alive until I get back from vacation, then I will be there see what has to be done."

I told Travis Goff at the dedication of the Hertz Center that I would be willing to make a significant contribution, in the name of my late son and wife, IF I see the right direction. Well, I am waiting to see that RIGHT direction....and based on what has transpired, I am not very hopeful.

The clock is ticking, Mr. Dickson. The fan base is ready to walk away.....

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Bigschtick
Riptide

He is probably packing for this nice little trip to Honolulu when in fact, he should be staying in N.O. hunting
for a named coach AND giving whats left of the fan base some clue because this is getting real old.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
wave to em
Surge

Dickson, you and cowen will need security if you F this up. and NO i will not go across the street, i will stay on the TU side of ferret and continue to be a pain in your ass, making your job as hard as possible until you are out of a job........HIRE MIKE LEACH NOW.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

There are a few different issues here.

The coaching search must be done as secretly as possible, so i don't think anyone can expect Dickson to be telling us who the front runner is or who is under consideration. So from that perspsective the cne of silence is ok.

That being said, there is no way Dickson should be in Hawaii if there isn't a verbal agreement at a minimum and yes Dickson needs to consider some communications training (should he keep his job, which I am still not convinced is 100% pending the outcome of this search). And it's obvious that more than a few people know what's going on, but won't talk even under the cover of a screen name. Dickson (and all college atheltic directors) will need to understand that secrecy is it only no longer desirable, it's no longer possible. We'll find out which sources (football scoop) have been right about everything so far.

As long as Mike Leach is the guy we land, I don't care if I don't hear another word out of Dickson between now and December 1. Any other scenario and there will be problems of another kind (regardless of whether the unnamed coach is a good hire).
torbida
Surge

Dickson obviously takes his job lightly.He's probably with his bff Cowen talking about what div 2 coordinator that want as hc.I make fun of these loser boys but this is tiresome.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

do you think he has already wrapped up a Coach to be announced next Tuesday..and if he has not, what the he11 is he doing in Hawaii..what was that dumb azz's name..Nero, fiddled while Rome burned...RD, ya fit da description as dey sey in da parish
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave to em
Surge

No, I don't think think RD has a clue of what needs to be done..when RR turned us down he prop said "F it I'll just give it to Hutson"
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
sader24
Tsunami

If he's in Hawaii and doesnt have a coach lined up he is showing an extremely high level of negligence to his responsibilities.
jmjclu
High Tide

does anyone know if he is there , can anyone confirm this?
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

I am in route to Hawaii posting from 35,000 feet. I was told by someone from TU that he would be in Hawaii - i'll be able to confirm this later tonight - I land in about 6 hours ... if I see him I'll be sure to give him a piece of my mind. I've got 3 names for the next head coach ... Mike Leach, Mike Leach and Mike Leach!
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Tell RickDick to stay there. Don't bother coming back!
sader24
Tsunami

I wouldnt want to ruin his vacation with the future of the Tulane Football Program.
murphwave
High Tide

I am going to stay positive and think that maybe our new coach will be on hand Saturday to watch with him in Hawaii.
torbida
Surge

LSU Law Greenie wrote:I am in route to Hawaii posting from 35,000 feet. I was told by someone from TU that he would be in Hawaii - i'll be able to confirm this later tonight - I land in about 6 hours ... if I see him I'll be sure to give him a piece of my mind. I've got 3 names for the next head coach ... Mike Leach, Mike Leach and Mike Leach!
Tell him he is what he is-he sucks as an AD and if he can't land Mike Leach he needs to be a man and resign.If he stays on the islands too long they'll turn into 3 mountains of shizz-the bozo is a male medusa destroying everything he touches. Enjoy Hawaii Greenie it's a beautiful place.
DrBox
Riptide

I hope has our new coach locked up and I hope and it needs to be a tier 1 or 2 coach.

If he's going to introduce a 3rd teir Jagz or Lionel, then he better get ready for the fire that's about to come
Last edited by DrBox on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:I hope has our new coach locked up and I hope it needs to be a tier 1 or 2 coach.

If he's going to introduce Jagz, then he better get ready for the fire that's about to come
No way he's going to do that to us. If he does that will tell everyone its business as usual at the Wilson Center with that guy,

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:I hope has our new coach locked up and I hope it needs to be a tier 1 or 2 coach.

If he's going to introduce Jagz, then he better get ready for the fire that's about to come
No way he's going to do that to us. If he does that will tell everyone its business as usual at the Wilson Center with that guy,
Tim!! :shock: :shock: You've posted the banning thumb! Does this mean we get to ban Rick Dickson from returning to the mainland?
Last edited by RobertM320 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
TURVS71
Swell

IF we banned, I would ban you for that "thumb." :D
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Tim!! :shock: :shock: You've posted the banning thumb! Does this mean we get to ban Rick Dickson from returning to the mainland?
Yep, banned for the thumb not even the middle finger. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Confirmed. Rick is in Hawaii.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

I talked to RD tonight - he wouldn't tell me a damn thing ... but I did tell him "Don't screw this up!"
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
wave to em
Surge

LSU Law Greenie wrote:... but I did tell him "Don't screw this up!"
Good, let him know we are here and ready to pounce on him if he screws up.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
sader24
Tsunami

He's lost
Dave breslin
Swell

The rumor is that he's stopping in California to beg Toledo to return since noone else will work for him
Dave breslin
Swell

He'll introduce him as the new coach Rob Toledo hoping we won't notice!