Tulane Sweeps ECU Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

Bigschtick wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:34 pm Congrats to the Wave! Who would have thought we would sweep!
I saw a sweep this weekend, but had no idea Tulane would be holding the broomstick

anEngineer
Riptide

Forever TU wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 pm Unbefreakinglivable!!!!!!! Took my entire being not to yell out on this plane!!! Omg!!!!! Storybook!!!!!!
Hope you come to more home series next year. You really brought it.
Wave755
Tsunami

🧹🧹🧹⚾ ⚾ ⚾ 🌊 !!!
arkhou02
High Tide

What a super weekend! Just keep this momentum going to Charlotte. Roll Wave!!!
arkhou02
High Tide

Bigschtick wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:34 pm Congrats to the Wave! Who would have thought we would sweep!
No one. Should be D1’s lead story nationally.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

arkhou02 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:33 pm
Unfortunately it’s not even the lead story here. LSU losing to Bama is 🤔🤔. Been like that Friday, Saturday and so far today.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ccap05
Surge

Decent crowd today which I thought would be bigger.

There was something very satisfying about sweeping a nationally ranked team wearing a purple and gold uniform. Hopefully it is something that we see a lot more of in the future.

This was a great, fun way to end our home season.

My one small gripe is that they were out of large beer cups for the last two games (and maybe Friday's game). I understand running stock down but - the problem is that you sold more beer this year than you expected and thus ran out of cups (a good problem to have). Why would you not simply buy twenty sleeves of cups to keep your customers, who bought more than expected this year, happy? I realize that my not having access to 22 Oz beers may be seen by some as a First World Problem.

I look forward to Clearwater.
Forever TU
Surge

anEngineer wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:47 pm
Forever TU wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 pm Unbefreakinglivable!!!!!!! Took my entire being not to yell out on this plane!!! Omg!!!!! Storybook!!!!!!
Hope you come to more home series next year. You really brought it.
Yea sadly didn’t make as many as I usually do this years. Glad I made the effort this weekend!
anEngineer
Riptide

ccap05 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:13 pm Decent crowd today which I thought would be bigger.

There was something very satisfying about sweeping a nationally ranked team wearing a purple and gold uniform. Hopefully it is something that we see a lot more of in the future.

This was a great, fun way to end our home season.

My one small gripe is that they were out of large beer cups for the last two games (and maybe Friday's game). I understand running stock down but - the problem is that you sold more beer this year than you expected and thus ran out of cups (a good problem to have). Why would you not simply buy twenty sleeves of cups to keep your customers, who bought more than expected this year, happy? I realize that my not having access to 22 Oz beers may be seen by some as a First World Problem.

I look forward to Clearwater.
I certainly think Mothers' Day affected the crowd.
posse
High Tide

tpstulane wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:57 pm
Unfortunately it’s not even the lead story here. LSU losing to Bama is 🤔🤔. Been like that Friday, Saturday and so far today.
Very sad the local newspaper failed to post a story
about TULANE winning the series from the 6th ranked team in the country in Sunday’s paper.
Can you imagine the headlines had LSU
Beat the 6th ranked team. Probably front
Page.
arkhou02
High Tide

Who cares what the local media does? They can cover who they want, but we know it won’t be us. Hope they ignore us when we are in the ACC. Screw them.
arkhou02
High Tide

posse wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:14 pm

about TULANE winning the series from the 6th ranked team in the country in Sunday’s paper.
Page.
They beat the #1 team last weekend. Was on the front page (just curious)?
anEngineer
Riptide

With 3 games left, we're probably guaranteed in the tournament. We're 4 ahead of Memphis in last. We're 3 ahead of South Florida and have the tiebreaker, but if it would end up in multi team tie, who knows? The bottom line is that this team has put themselves in position to be a top half seed in the tournament. Well done, now finish it off.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

posse wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:14 pm

Page.
The paper is really bad about getting timely stories about both teams in the paper because of early deadlines. They are there on line.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane secures spot in the AAC Tournament:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/how- ... 7a870.html
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ECU has now lost five games in row. It’s their longest losing streak of the season. Will be interesting to see how far they fall in the polls.
Tulane Class of 1981
BC Wave
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:31 pm With 3 games left, we're probably guaranteed in the tournament. We're 4 ahead of Memphis in last. We're 3 ahead of South Florida and have the tiebreaker, but if it would end up in multi team tie, who knows? The bottom line is that this team has put themselves in position to be a top half seed in the tournament. Well done, now finish it off.
I keep hearing that — from Corey Gloor and others.

We are three games ahead of USF; more than three ahead of Memphis.

If we lose three and USF wins three, yes, we are tied with them.

But if USF wins three, that means UAB loses three and we would still be ahead of Memphis and now, UAB.

So I can’t see how we would finish in the bottom two.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As I posted above we are guaranteed to be in the AAC Tourney.
mbissanti
Surge

We can still win the conference though rice has to sweep East Carolina. UTSA plays at Fla Atlantic.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:50 am The view from Greenville NC
https://www.reflector.com/sports/colleg ... c54fb.html
Good article. It correctly calls Rasmussen's game-winning hit a single, too. Any previous inning, it's probably a double, but in the bottom of the 9th, it was clearly a single.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually he was credited with a double per the official stats.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:36 am Actually he was credited with a double per the official stats.
That's poor scorekeeping for two reasons:

1. He never reached 2nd base, he was mobbed before doing so but more importantly:
2. For it to be a double, scoring standards require the runner to reach second before the game-ending winning run scores. It doesn't happen with the winning run at second base very often. Crediting him with a double wouldn't stand to scrutiny.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Linn got AAC Player of the week and Welch was the Pitcher of the Week!