The Students are revoltin'

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Zephyr has been converted and is no longer a baseball stadium.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

TURVS71 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:49 pm What would you rather have on campus?

A first class, large and modern football operations building AND a full-size IPF

or

a baseball field
That really is the question.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Greeniegb
Swell

Just a thought if we used the road to the West of Brown, how much land can be gained using the road and land west of Brown field. Looks like a couple tennis courts roadway. Perfect place if they could take part of Rielly Center make it multi use building IPF and Recreation. Encorporate part of Stadium, Rielly Center and those two tennis courts with the road. Large multi-use IPF Building.

https://campusservices.tulane.edu/resources/campus-map
Pepper
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:27 pm

A first class, large and modern football operations building AND a full-size IPF

or

a baseball field
I think you could have both plus a decent basketball arena if there was a commitment.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:17 am
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:27 pm

or

a baseball field
I think you could have both plus a decent basketball arena if there was a commitment.
"Baseball at the Fly"
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:38 am
winwave wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:14 am
golf there's a 134 FBS teams so you got 2 there. Plus those 2 aren't bubbles. We are decades behind in this and a short field bubble that is shared with the students isn't going to help us keep a coach or help in recruiting. We need a full field permanent structure. More importantly we are at least a decade behind in not having a football ops. building. That at this point should have been the top priority.

ULL:
https://ragincajuns.com/facilities/leon ... acility/28
I am not disagreeign with the need, the issue is the space...the space is there, ya just need to move baseball 2.8 miles from campus on the Jefferson - Orleans line on Jeff hwy-Claiborne Ave...or do as I have suggested many times, put a helium inflated dome or some type of roof over Yulman...many issues would then be solved, including making Yulman a baskeball venue, much like the carrier dome was used for Syracuse...hell, I remember making a propsoal to Tulane during the Mack Brown days, to build a stadium in Audubon park, by the river that could be shared with Orlenas public schools, cost to the city, only the property, Tulane would pay for the Stadium...but then again, I am thought of, by some on this board, of being a short sighted old white guy
I have no idea why you think you can put a dome over an existing stadium, never mind a stadium that has no room for additional pilings.
Greeniegb
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:24 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:14 am

golf there's a 134 FBS teams so you got 2 there. Plus those 2 aren't bubbles. We are decades behind in this and a short field bubble that is shared with the students isn't going to help us keep a coach or help in recruiting. We need a full field permanent structure. More importantly we are at least a decade behind in not having a football ops. building. That at this point should have been the top priority.

ULL:
https://ragincajuns.com/facilities/leon ... acility/28
I am not disagreeign with the need, the issue is the space...the space is there, ya just need to move baseball 2.8 miles from campus on the Jefferson - Orleans line on Jeff hwy-Claiborne Ave...or do as I have suggested many times, put a helium inflated dome or some type of roof over Yulman...many issues would then be solved, including making Yulman a baskeball venue, much like the carrier dome was used for Syracuse...hell, I remember making a propsoal to Tulane during the Mack Brown days, to build a stadium in Audubon park, by the river that could be shared with Orlenas public schools, cost to the city, only the property, Tulane would pay for the Stadium...but then again, I am thought of, by some on this board, of being a short sighted old white guy
I have no idea why you think you can put a dome over an existing stadium, never mind a stadium that has no room for additional pilings.
Yulman was built for expansion, dome would be no issue!!!

Check Brown to the West including the roadway, then head to the staduim, Use that portion of Reilly, perfect area for a Multi Use IPF with other uses offices, recreational. Look at the area, use vision!!!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:44 pm

Check Brown to the West including the roadway, then head to the staduim, Use that portion of Reilly, perfect area for a Multi Use IPF with other uses offices, recreational. Look at the area, use vision!!!
Time to let go of this idea.

Greeniegb
Swell

The Carrier Dome, now known as the JMA Wireless Dome, is a remarkable domed stadium located in Syracuse, New York, United States. Let’s delve into its fascinating history and construction:

Groundbreaking and Construction:
The groundbreaking ceremony took place on November 11, 1978.
The construction process involved erecting pound-in-plate walls and pre-cast concrete box columns.
By July 1979, 15% of the Carrier Dome was already completed.
The project generated over 250 jobs and contributed $10 million to the local economy.
Remarkably, the entire construction was completed on time during the summer of 1980 1.
Inflatable Roof:
The Carrier Dome’s iconic feature is its inflatable roof.
The roof consists of 64 panels made of Teflon-coated fiberglass.
It is supported by 14 bridge cables, some as long as 700 feet, each weighing 7 tons.
The facility’s construction cost was approximately $26.85 million, which was considered a bargain at the time 2.
Record-Breaking Venue:
Since its opening in September 1980, the Syracuse men’s basketball team has achieved several remarkable records:
Highest total home court attendance in a season: 537,949 (1990).
Highest average home court attendance in a season: 29,918 (1989).
Largest home court single-game attendance: 35,642 (vs. Duke, 2019) 3.
Impressive Stats:
The JMA Wireless Dome is the largest domed stadium on any college campus.
It holds the distinction of being the largest on-campus basketball arena in the nation, with a listed capacity of 35,642 3.
The Carrier Dome’s legacy extends beyond sports—it also hosts high school football state championships, the annual New York State Field Band Conference championships, and occasional concerts. Its recent renaming as the JMA Wireless Dome marks a new chapter in its storied history 3. 🏟️🍊
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:13 am The Carrier Dome, now known as the JMA Wireless Dome, is a remarkable domed stadium located in Syracuse, New York, United States. Let’s delve into its fascinating history and construction:

Groundbreaking and Construction:
The groundbreaking ceremony took place on November 11, 1978.
The construction process involved erecting pound-in-plate walls and pre-cast concrete box columns.
By July 1979, 15% of the Carrier Dome was already completed.
The project generated over 250 jobs and contributed $10 million to the local economy.
Remarkably, the entire construction was completed on time during the summer of 1980 1.
Inflatable Roof:
The Carrier Dome’s iconic feature is its inflatable roof.
The roof consists of 64 panels made of Teflon-coated fiberglass.
It is supported by 14 bridge cables, some as long as 700 feet, each weighing 7 tons.
The facility’s construction cost was approximately $26.85 million, which was considered a bargain at the time 2.
Record-Breaking Venue:
Since its opening in September 1980, the Syracuse men’s basketball team has achieved several remarkable records:
Highest total home court attendance in a season: 537,949 (1990).
Highest average home court attendance in a season: 29,918 (1989).
Largest home court single-game attendance: 35,642 (vs. Duke, 2019) 3.
Impressive Stats:
The JMA Wireless Dome is the largest domed stadium on any college campus.
It holds the distinction of being the largest on-campus basketball arena in the nation, with a listed capacity of 35,642 3.
The Carrier Dome’s legacy extends beyond sports—it also hosts high school football state championships, the annual New York State Field Band Conference championships, and occasional concerts. Its recent renaming as the JMA Wireless Dome marks a new chapter in its storied history 3. 🏟️🍊
Your point? The Carrier Dome was constructed specifically around the roof supports. Retrofitting a dome is not feasible for multi billion dollar NFL teams and literally has never been done, but suddenly the always progressive Tulane athletics department will be the first? Silly.
wave97
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:43 pm

Oh gee whizz!
I guess we’re just some kind of fucked…..
anEngineer
Riptide

No matter how many times it's shown that it can't be done, it will still be demanded by some on this site.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:49 am anotha' 80 yard PEE IPF....
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/c ... 170709007/
Does everyone here understand that there is a long range plan for a full size IPF for Tulane? The 80 yard facility will be built at Brown Field now. Then, when the athlete dorm is torn down and rebuilt in a few years, the new dorm will be taller, with a smaller footprint, and the IPF will be expanded to full size.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:04 am
Does everyone here understand that there is a long range plan for a full size IPF for Tulane? The 80 yard facility will be built at Brown Field now. Then, when the athlete dorm is torn down and rebuilt in a few years, the new dorm will be taller, with a smaller footprint, and the IPF will be expanded to full size.
When? There have been a lot of long-range plans that have never materialized. A "long range" plan is a convenient out when there is no current or short-term plan to which Tulane administrators can be held accountable.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's the old one and it's why they are building a new full field one. Plus neither is a bubble.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Where has that ever been said by Tulane?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Never heard that from him anywhere. Good news if it's true. If it is true then they shouldn't be wasting donor dollars on a short field bubble. Just stick to the Saints and Dome facilities till then.
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:49 am
When? There have been a lot of long-range plans that have never materialized. A "long range" plan is a convenient out when there is no current or short-term plan to which Tulane administrators can be held accountable.
Kortne Gosha has said it on several occasions. We all know Tulane has no problem tearing down dorms. I got the impression it's within 5 years, those dorms are getting kind of old. He intimated that the bubble is being built with that in mind. Somehow, I posted this twice so I deleted one.
Last edited by anEngineer on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:55 am Never heard that from him anywhere. Good news if it's true. If it is true then they shouldn't be wasting donor dollars on a short field bubble. Just stick to the Saints and Dome facilities till then.
Just to explain. I posted that in response to a post by anengineer where he claimed Kortne Gosha had said that on several occasions. That post disappeared before my post went up.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Something could fit if you relocated Diboll. Notice that is TWO full length fields side by side.

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
MicMan
Swell

Respect the students. Would be wise of Tulane admin to offer space/something in return to get their buy-in.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:45 pm Respect the students. Would be wise of Tulane admin to offer space/something in return to get their buy-in.
Audubon Park, or the neutral ground on Claiborne Ave may work
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

Ok, what the Asst. AD said was that the current “apartment dorms” bordering on Willow and backing up to Brown Field MAY some day be replaced by a new dorm building that would be taller and have less of a footprint. It would be at that time that the bubble COULD be reconfigured to a FULL size bubble.

Ok folks, it’s Tulane. You can expect to see the 80 yard bubble for a long time!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:02 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:43 pm

oh geee whizz!
I guess we’re just some kind of fucked…..
a quote frrm the "link" it's never been done before"....reminds me o a presentation I made to a Sysco distribution facility...after I made my "pitch" a VP made the comment, we've never done anything like that before"... I knew I was going to get some push back from this individual, so my answer was..."Tim, after a long 10 hour day here at Sysco, you get home, and your lively wife greets you in her latest Victoria secret outfit, she has your favorite adult beverage waiting for you. She hads you the beverage and tell you that she has been waiting all day for you to come home and she wants you but tonite when we make love, I want to try doing it this way....You answer as you take the beverage ,No we can't, we've never done ti that way before" !....needles to say it got some laffs and my program was approved
[/quote]