FOOTBALL TRANSFER PORTAL 2023

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9911
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:01 am It doesn't have anything to do with academics. Some just think that if the school sought them out of the portal that they were going to be given a starters job. Just unrealistic young men.
Every kid is different. I agree, most of them are due to unrealistic expectations. But I'm sure there are some kids that find the workload is more than they want to deal with. Not necessarily Tulane recruits, just in general across the country. When a kid starts at SE Missouri State, and then transfers to a Stanford or a Notre Dame or a Northwestern, its quite possible the academic demands are more than they were prepared for.


"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26846
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Eugene slipped behind a walk-on in the last two weeks. That was the writing on the wall.
Image
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25206
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:01 am It doesn't have anything to do with academics. Some just think that if the school sought them out of the portal that they were going to be given a starters job. Just unrealistic young men.
Every kid is different. I agree, most of them are due to unrealistic expectations. But I'm sure there are some kids that find the workload is more than they want to deal with. Not necessarily Tulane recruits, just in general across the country. When a kid starts at SE Missouri State, and then transfers to a Stanford or a Notre Dame or a Northwestern, its quite possible the academic demands are more than they were prepared for.
Not really. Players stay on campus all summer to work out and so they take classes all summer. Their workoads aren't that big. Plus this is happening at all schools with transfers and the new ability to transfer as much as they want.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25206
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 pm Eugene slipped behind a walk-on in the last two weeks. That was the writing on the wall.
Image
Not really.That's the simpleton view. He played QB in HS. It's new position and he had started all spring before the change in the last week. He made plays all spring. had a good spring game. He did make mistakes as he is new to the position. He clearly showed the pitential to grow into the position. He'll likely ended up doing well in time at his next stop.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26846
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 pm Eugene slipped behind a walk-on in the last two weeks. That was the writing on the wall.
Image
Not really.That's the simpleton view. He played QB in HS. It's new position and he had started all spring before the change in the last week. He made plays all spring. had a good spring game. He did make mistakes as he is new to the position. He clearly showed the pitential to grow into the position. He'll likely ended up doing well in time at his next stop.
Talk to his dad next time and you’ll see. He played both ways in HS. Played extensive two-way snaps at quarterback, cornerback, and safety. Was on the field almost every down including special teams. He wants to play that’s why he’s leaving. .
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9911
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:01 am It doesn't have anything to do with academics. Some just think that if the school sought them out of the portal that they were going to be given a starters job. Just unrealistic young men.
Every kid is different. I agree, most of them are due to unrealistic expectations. But I'm sure there are some kids that find the workload is more than they want to deal with. Not necessarily Tulane recruits, just in general across the country. When a kid starts at SE Missouri State, and then transfers to a Stanford or a Notre Dame or a Northwestern, its quite possible the academic demands are more than they were prepared for.
Not really. Players stay on campus all summer to work out and so they take classes all summer. Their workoads aren't that big. Plus this is happening at all schools with transfers and the new ability to transfer as much as they want.
So you really are determined to be right, even when you're wrong. Can you tell me, with 100% certainty, that not a single player that transferred into a school in January and then transferred out in April left because they felt the academic workload was too much? Huh? Can you say that? Because THATS ALL I SAID. I know its happening regularly. I said most of the time its just playing time, but THERE ARE GOING TO BE A HANDFUL that leave because the workload is more than they want to deal with. But you can't even agree to that. You're an arrogant fool.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9911
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 pm Eugene slipped behind a walk-on in the last two weeks. That was the writing on the wall.
Image
Not really.That's the simpleton view. He played QB in HS. It's new position and he had started all spring before the change in the last week. He made plays all spring. had a good spring game. He did make mistakes as he is new to the position. He clearly showed the pitential to grow into the position. He'll likely ended up doing well in time at his next stop.
Talk to his dad next time and you’ll see. He played both ways in HS. Played extensive two-way snaps at quarterback, cornerback, and safety. Was on the field almost every down including special teams. He wants to play that’s why he’s leaving. .
So in reality, its NOT a new position. And falling behind Rattan on the depth chart would imply that he's going to get less playing time. So you and TPS are both correct. But I bet you can't allow that either, can you?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26846
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:29 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 pm

Not really.That's the simpleton view. He played QB in HS. It's new position and he had started all spring before the change in the last week. He made plays all spring. had a good spring game. He did make mistakes as he is new to the position. He clearly showed the pitential to grow into the position. He'll likely ended up doing well in time at his next stop.
Talk to his dad next time and you’ll see. He played both ways in HS. Played extensive two-way snaps at quarterback, cornerback, and safety. Was on the field almost every down including special teams. He wants to play that’s why he’s leaving. .
So in reality, its NOT a new position. And falling behind Rattan on the depth chart would imply that he's going to get less playing time. So you and TPS are both correct. But I bet you can't allow that either, can you?
I know nothing about his academic status nor would I pretend to. I’m pointing out the fact that he played just about every snap in HS but hasn’t had a chance since coming here. Let people decide for themselves.
I’m only giving an opinion based on fact and conversations I’ve had.
Oh yea he also played basketball and track in HS.
He was 123-3 as a javelin thrower.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9911
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

I never mentioned anything at all about his academic status. I agree, he probably left for more playing time. When you see yourself drop behind a walkon on the depth chart, that's probably a sign you wont get the playing time you're looking for. I hope he finds a spot where he can play. I was addressing winwave with the "new position" narrative he was trying to spin off.

My only comment regarding academics was that I'm sure SOME PLAYERS at SOME SCHOOLS transfer in and then find the academics too difficult, so they transfer back out. That's all I said. Not implying it to any specific person.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
arkhou02
High Tide
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Any news on visitors this weekend?
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26846
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 pm I never mentioned anything at all about his academic status. I agree, he probably left for more playing time. When you see yourself drop behind a walkon on the depth chart, that's probably a sign you wont get the playing time you're looking for. I hope he finds a spot where he can play. I was addressing winwave with the "new position" narrative he was trying to spin off.

My only comment regarding academics was that I'm sure SOME PLAYERS at SOME SCHOOLS transfer in and then find the academics too difficult, so they transfer back out. That's all I said. Not implying it to any specific person.
Ok. Gotcha. Yes. No new position.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
nawlinspete
Riptide
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Where did Jai Eugene transfer to us from ?

What were the reasons he transferred to us ?

Perhaps he and his family over value his prowess .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25206
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 pm Eugene slipped behind a walk-on in the last two weeks. That was the writing on the wall.
Image
Not really.That's the simpleton view. He played QB in HS. It's new position and he had started all spring before the change in the last week. He made plays all spring. had a good spring game. He did make mistakes as he is new to the position. He clearly showed the pitential to grow into the position. He'll likely ended up doing well in time at his next stop.
Talk to his dad next time and you’ll see. He played both ways in HS. Played extensive two-way snaps at quarterback, cornerback, and safety. Was on the field almost every down including special teams. He wants to play that’s why he’s leaving. .
He will. He's still learning the position. He didn't play it exclusively in HS and he played multiple defensive positions. What I'm saying is he doesn't need to drop down to play. He can play at this level. He needs to be patient as he learns the position at this level.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25206
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Every kid is different. I agree, most of them are due to unrealistic expectations. But I'm sure there are some kids that find the workload is more than they want to deal with. Not necessarily Tulane recruits, just in general across the country. When a kid starts at SE Missouri State, and then transfers to a Stanford or a Notre Dame or a Northwestern, its quite possible the academic demands are more than they were prepared for.
Not really. Players stay on campus all summer to work out and so they take classes all summer. Their workoads aren't that big. Plus this is happening at all schools with transfers and the new ability to transfer as much as they want.
So you really are determined to be right, even when you're wrong. Can you tell me, with 100% certainty, that not a single player that transferred into a school in January and then transferred out in April left because they felt the academic workload was too much? Huh? Can you say that? Because THATS ALL I SAID. I know its happening regularly. I said most of the time its just playing time, but THERE ARE GOING TO BE A HANDFUL that leave because the workload is more than they want to deal with. But you can't even agree to that. You're an arrogant fool, Jeff.
You're the one who is insisting he's right when he's wrong. You threw out an allegation against student athletes that has no basis. Like I said it's happening at all types of schools not just privates. I also explained clearly that they don't carry a heavy case load. You're just going back to the old Tulane fall back of were so academically superior that some can't handle it. That's BS. The academic friendly majors have existed for over a decade now and the athletes are availing themselves of it. We haven't lost a single player to academics in that time. So you swung and missed yet again.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26846
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 pm

Not really.That's the simpleton view. He played QB in HS. It's new position and he had started all spring before the change in the last week. He made plays all spring. had a good spring game. He did make mistakes as he is new to the position. He clearly showed the pitential to grow into the position. He'll likely ended up doing well in time at his next stop.
Talk to his dad next time and you’ll see. He played both ways in HS. Played extensive two-way snaps at quarterback, cornerback, and safety. Was on the field almost every down including special teams. He wants to play that’s why he’s leaving. .
He will. He's still learning the position. He didn't play it exclusively in HS and he played multiple defensive positions. What I'm saying is he doesn't need to drop down to play. He can play at this level. He needs to be patient as he learns the position at this level.
You said he’s learning a new position. You’re changing the argument now that he didn’t play it exclusively lol. . He’s looking to play somewhere immediately.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25206
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 pm
Talk to his dad next time and you’ll see. He played both ways in HS. Played extensive two-way snaps at quarterback, cornerback, and safety. Was on the field almost every down including special teams. He wants to play that’s why he’s leaving. .
He will. He's still learning the position. He didn't play it exclusively in HS and he played multiple defensive positions. What I'm saying is he doesn't need to drop down to play. He can play at this level. He needs to be patient as he learns the position at this level.
You said he’s learning a new position. You’re changing the argument now that he didn’t play it exclusively lol. . He’s looking to play somewhere immediately.
Your own post says he didn't play it exclusively. LOL. On offense he had the primary position of QB. That wasn't the case on defense. You said he wasn't getting a chance here. He in fact played a lot with the ones all spring till the last week. It's starting to come across that they are used to him being the star and just think he should be a starter wherever he's at but he needs time on task. I hope he doesn't end like Lyndsey Scott.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26846
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:08 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 pm

He will. He's still learning the position. He didn't play it exclusively in HS and he played multiple defensive positions. What I'm saying is he doesn't need to drop down to play. He can play at this level. He needs to be patient as he learns the position at this level.
You said he’s learning a new position. You’re changing the argument now that he didn’t play it exclusively lol. . He’s looking to play somewhere immediately.
Your own post says he didn't play it exclusively. LOL. On offense he had the primary psotion of QB. That wasn't the case on defense. You said he wasn't getting a chance here. He in fact played a lot with the ones all spring till the last week. It's starting to come across that they are used to him being the star and just think he should be a starter wherever he's at but he needs time on task. I hope he doesn't end like Lyndsey Scott.
Bizarre reply. I said he played the position in HS and you said he was learning a new position. Then you started with the “exclusive” stuff because you were wrong on the new position comment.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25206
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:08 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 pm
You said he’s learning a new position. You’re changing the argument now that he didn’t play it exclusively lol. . He’s looking to play somewhere immediately.
Your own post says he didn't play it exclusively. LOL. On offense he had the primary psotion of QB. That wasn't the case on defense. You said he wasn't getting a chance here. He in fact played a lot with the ones all spring till the last week. It's starting to come across that they are used to him being the star and just think he should be a starter wherever he's at but he needs time on task. I hope he doesn't end like Lyndsey Scott.
Bizarre reply. I said he played the position in HS and you said he was learning a new position. Then you started with the “exclusive” stuff because you were wrong on the new position comment.
Not bizarre. He was the QB on offense. He played multiple positions on defense. Do you really think he got the practice at CB that players who primarily play it? So no it's not new but he didn't have the time on task there that he did at QB. He needs time on task at this level. Like I said above I hope he doesn't screw up like Scott.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26846
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:12 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Your own post says he didn't play it exclusively. LOL. On offense he had the primary psotion of QB. That wasn't the case on defense. You said he wasn't getting a chance here. He in fact played a lot with the ones all spring till the last week. It's starting to come across that they are used to him being the star and just think he should be a starter wherever he's at but he needs time on task. I hope he doesn't end like Lyndsey Scott.
Bizarre reply. I said he played the position in HS and you said he was learning a new position. Then you started with the “exclusive” stuff because you were wrong on the new position comment.
Not bizarre. He was the QB on offense. He played multiple positions on defense. Do you really think he got the practice at CB that players who primarily play it? So no it's not new but he didn't have the time on task there that he did at QB. He needs time on task at this level. Like I said above I hope he doesn't screw up like Scott.
He’s in the portal looking to play. It’s his second year here so nothing to do with learning his position. There are guys ahead of him. He wants an opportunity to play immediately so he’s going into the portal . It’s that simple.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
arkhou02
High Tide
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Who visited this weekend?
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9911
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 pm

Not really. Players stay on campus all summer to work out and so they take classes all summer. Their workoads aren't that big. Plus this is happening at all schools with transfers and the new ability to transfer as much as they want.
So you really are determined to be right, even when you're wrong. Can you tell me, with 100% certainty, that not a single player that transferred into a school in January and then transferred out in April left because they felt the academic workload was too much? Huh? Can you say that? Because THATS ALL I SAID. I know its happening regularly. I said most of the time its just playing time, but THERE ARE GOING TO BE A HANDFUL that leave because the workload is more than they want to deal with. But you can't even agree to that. You're an arrogant fool, Jeff.
You're the one who is insisting he's right when he's wrong. You threw out an allegation against student athletes that has no basis. Like I said it's happening at all types of schools not just privates. I also explained clearly that they don't carry a heavy case load. You're just going back to the old Tulane fall back of were so academically superior that some can't handle it. That's BS. The academic friendly majors have existed for over a decade now and the athletes are availing themselves of it. We haven't lost a single player to academics in that time. So you swung and missed yet again.
And you're an idiot. Because my comments WERE NOT DIRECTED IN ANY WAY at TULANE student athletes. I said that in SOME CASES out of ALL THE SCHOOLS across the country, I'm sure there are SOME PLAYERS that chose a school and then found out the expectations academically were higher than they wanted to deal with. It had NOTHING TO DO WITH TULANE, our admissions requirements, or anything of the sort.

Whether you want to admit it or not, schools like Stanford, Notre Dame, Cal-Berkeley and YES, EVEN Tulane have higher demands on the student. You can't tell me that its just as easy to get a degree at one of those schools as it is at Eastern Michigan, for example. Regardless of whether we match NCAA minimums for admission or not, that's not going to change how a professor teaches his/her class, and what he or she expects from her students.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9911
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

At Tulane, you're EXPECTED to stay on track to graduate. That's why our graduation rate is 81.8%. Even LSU is 67.8%. Compare that to Eastern Michigan at 45.9%, or Southern University, where its 31.9%. What 45.9% tells you is that the school really doesn't care if you graduate or not, and it means the teachers don't PUSH you to excel and progress. And there are some athletes that want EXACTLY THAT. To NOT be pushed academically. They just want to play.


Note: Those graduation rates are for all students, not just athletes.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25206
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:12 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 pm
Bizarre reply. I said he played the position in HS and you said he was learning a new position. Then you started with the “exclusive” stuff because you were wrong on the new position comment.
Not bizarre. He was the QB on offense. He played multiple positions on defense. Do you really think he got the practice at CB that players who primarily play it? So no it's not new but he didn't have the time on task there that he did at QB. He needs time on task at this level. Like I said above I hope he doesn't screw up like Scott.
He’s in the portal looking to play. It’s his second year here so nothing to do with learning his position. There are guys ahead of him. He wants an opportunity to play immediately so he’s going into the portal . It’s that simple.
Not that simple at all. He needs to learn the position at this level. He had chances all spring playing with the first team till the last week. I hope he lands in a good spot with a good defensive staff and realizes he still has a lot to learn. He can't just athlete it at this level. If he wants to drop down to the SELA level he might get by just athleting it. But if he wants to stay at this level or move up conferences he needs to get realistic and realize he needs to learn his craft.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25206
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:22 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm

So you really are determined to be right, even when you're wrong. Can you tell me, with 100% certainty, that not a single player that transferred into a school in January and then transferred out in April left because they felt the academic workload was too much? Huh? Can you say that? Because THATS ALL I SAID. I know its happening regularly. I said most of the time its just playing time, but THERE ARE GOING TO BE A HANDFUL that leave because the workload is more than they want to deal with. But you can't even agree to that. You're an arrogant fool, Jeff.
You're the one who is insisting he's right when he's wrong. You threw out an allegation against student athletes that has no basis. Like I said it's happening at all types of schools not just privates. I also explained clearly that they don't carry a heavy case load. You're just going back to the old Tulane fall back of were so academically superior that some can't handle it. That's BS. The academic friendly majors have existed for over a decade now and the athletes are availing themselves of it. We haven't lost a single player to academics in that time. So you swung and missed yet again.
And you're an idiot. Because my comments WERE NOT DIRECTED IN ANY WAY at TULANE student athletes. I said that in SOME CASES out of ALL THE SCHOOLS across the country, I'm sure there are SOME PLAYERS that chose a school and then found out the expectations academically were higher than they wanted to deal with. It had NOTHING TO DO WITH TULANE, our admissions requirements, or anything of the sort.

Whether you want to admit it or not, schools like Stanford, Notre Dame, Cal-Berkeley and YES, EVEN Tulane have higher demands on the student. You can't tell me that its just as easy to get a degree at one of those schools as it is at Eastern Michigan, for example. Regardless of whether we match NCAA minimums for admission or not, that's not going to change how a professor teaches his/her class, and what he or she expects from her students.
LOL. You were talking mostly about Tulane and privates but its happening at all manner of school. Yes ND and Stanford do actually have higher standards and don't offer soft majors. Tulane does and has for over a decade. They don't take those professors courses. They take the athlete friendly professors courses. Just like they used to do in University college. You shot and missed again you ignorant fool.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25206
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:26 pm At Tulane, you're EXPECTED to stay on track to graduate. That's why our graduation rate is 81.8%. Even LSU is 67.8%. Compare that to Eastern Michigan at 45.9%, or Southern University, where its 31.9%. What 45.9% tells you is that the school really doesn't care if you graduate or not, and it means the teachers don't PUSH you to excel and progress. And there are some athletes that want EXACTLY THAT. To NOT be pushed academically. They just want to play.


Note: Those graduation rates are for all students, not just athletes.
LOL. There you go again proving you are talking about Tulane. Yet the phenomenon is happening at all manner of school. That tin foil hat isn't working. You're crazy. Deal with it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Post Reply