FOOTBALL TRANSFER PORTAL 2023

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:13 pm Boudoin wasn't getting many reps. Didn't work out here. I wish him luck wherever he lands.
Thanks. I hadn't heard his name at all so figured that was the case.

HoustonWave
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:19 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:40 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:54 am Celestine and Traynor have entered the portal.
In the Sumrall video, he spoke extensively about our #2 RB, but I couldn't hear what his name was---we're they talking about Barnes?
Yes he was talking about Barnes who has gotten in much better shape. Shaadie looked good when he played too but got nicked up.
I guess Celestine saw the writing on the wall.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:08 am
In the Sumrall video, he spoke extensively about our #2 RB, but I couldn't hear what his name was---we're they talking about Barnes?
Yes he was talking about Barnes who has gotten in much better shape. Shaadie looked good when he played too but got nicked up.
They running out of years. Most leaving our program are probably looking for an opportunity for immediate playing time.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yep. Plus he is apparently difficult for coaches to deal with.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hunter Summers is now in the portal.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 am

That's too bad. He has some really nice runs last year. Definitely flashed high potential.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:19 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 am
That's too bad. He has some really nice runs last year. Definitely flashed high potential.
I agree. Someone will give him a chance. If he gets his ball handling issue under control I think he'll be a good contributor wherever he lands.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jai Eugene has entered the portal. That's a loss.
arkhou02
High Tide

Very surprised Eugene is leaving. Hope this doesn’t affect our Destrehan connections.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Great article in The Athletic today about Kickers and the Portal. Alabama, Georgia and Notre Dame all took scholarship kickers in the portal this offseason, ND for the third year in a row.

https://theathletic.com/5442552/2024/04 ... ecruiting/
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

After Jeters very poor spring ND might be looking for another.
ArtVandelay
Ripple

Offensive lineman Noah Gardner has entered the portal.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He played 2nd team all spring . I sure hope we have a good number of quality transfers coming in for the OL.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm After Jeters very poor spring ND might be looking for another.
He was 0-for 1 from 50 yards into a "storm wind" during the spring game. Has he been horrible in practice? The gist of that article is that they know how he'll perform because he's already shown them. He's already kicked in College Station where he'll (supposedly) be kicking to open the season with the Irish.

In the bigger scheme, it's a blueprint for the power schools to rarely if ever take a risk on a HS kicker.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He had a really bad spring. As to the article that's just the writer's assumptions about what the coaches think. I get the main point that it's the way things are now with the way kicketrs are recruited.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arkhou02
High Tide

DK McGruder in the portal.
Greeniegb
Swell

Would be a great get for Coach:
I think we are going to get OL Derrick Graham from Texas A&M who played at Troy and spent four months at A&M. He is now in the portal again.
Would be a good addition.

Texas A&M offensive tackle Derrick Graham has entered the NCAA transfer portal. Graham was previously at Troy from 2020 to 2023 and committed to the Aggies in early January after putting his name into the portal on December 26. He garnered interest from several Power Five programs but ultimately chose the Aggies after an on-campus visit. Graham enrolled for the spring semester and participated in spring ball with A&M. He still has two seasons of collegiate eligibility remaining. During his time at Troy, Graham started as a tackle and showed promise, allowing just two sacks in 432 pass-blocking reps during his freshman year1. His 2023 season highlight included lining up as an eligible receiver near the goal line in the team’s bowl game against Duke, where he caught a touchdown pass
nawlinspete
Riptide

Finally something that is rational and sensible from greeniegb .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
arkhou02
High Tide

Are we leading for any other portal guys at this time? Don’t have a subscription to On3, Rivals, etc. And who is visiting this weekend?
Greeniegb
Swell

LB Khalil Jacobs shares seven schools in contact

Withdrew from an offer to Alabama:

Jacobs is now back in the portal. He told On3’s Hayes Fawcett and Pete Nakos that Alabama, Auburn, Duke, Indiana, Missouri, NC State and Tulane all reached since he officially entered on Friday morning. Linebacker has been a major position of need for programs in the spring portal window.

“I’m looking for a positive environment I can thrive in,” he told On3. “I’m dominant on the field, and I want to be a part of a system that will allow me to do so.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 52fd&ei=13
arkhou02
High Tide

Hope we can get a visit
cigarman66
Ripple

winwave wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:23 am Jai Eugene has entered the portal. That's a loss.
Sorry to see this. I guess it's just too easy to jump into the portal rather than fight for playing time. He will be a good one for someone down the road.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

arkhou02 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:13 am Very surprised Eugene is leaving. Hope this doesn’t affect our Destrehan connections.
Wants to play. He’s a good athlete without a true position. Would probably do well at SELA.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

You always have to wonder about a player that transfers from School A to School B in January, and then transfers again after the semester. Did they enroll only to find out the classload is more than they bargained for? Not saying this about Tulane, but at most schools in general that care even a little bit about academics.

Or did they not truly vet the school and coach to make sure there was room for playing time before transferring? Instead, getting sold on the smoke and mirrors, rather than the fit?
Last edited by RobertM320 on Wed May 01, 2024 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It doesn't have anything to do with academics. Some just think that if the school sought them out of the portal that they were going to be given a starters job. Just unrealistic young men.