New HC profile

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It is definitely a concern that they will make Nagle permanent. He nor /Wood should even get an interview.

Herman absolutely should be considered.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:54 am
Wave QB wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:54 am I could see anyone if these guys keeping us in the Bowl Hunt consistently. As I said before we brought in Fritz, we need a Head Coach who will keep us in Bowl Games no matter what. We can’t get P5 invitations by falling out of the Bowl loop.

1. Jon Sumrall
2. Art Briles
3. Rich Rodriguez
4. Al Gooden
5. Kevin Sumlin
6. Tom Herman
7. Jeff Choate
8. Will Muschamp
9. Clay Hendrix
10. Mike Neu
add Dan Mullen to the list
I would too.
Ball Sumrall!
KBWAVE
Ripple

I'd like to think that the Tulane job is way more desirable now than when we hired Fritz and hopefully there is a long line of coaches seeking us out.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:10 pm It is definitely a concern that they will make Nagle permanent. He nor \Wood should even get an interview.

Would fit the recent Tulane profile (see baseball) although I don’t see it this time.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave Fan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:01 pm Would hate to lose Hester.
Absolutely would be devastating. The kids love that guy.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

KBWAVE wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:23 pm I'd like to think that the Tulane job is way more desirable now than when we hired Fritz and hopefully there is a long line of coaches seeking us out.
Only 133 D1 HC’g jobs so you’d think so.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:26 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:10 pm It is definitely a concern that they will make Nagle permanent. He nor \Wood should even get an interview.

Would fit the recent Tulane profile (see baseball) although I don’t see it this time.
I hope and pray you're right.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:29 pm

Even Tulane can’t be this dumb.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:31 pm

You and I and many other long time diehards know that's not true.
posse
High Tide

puffy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:02 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:50 pm That football scoop was old news most of last week.
I realize that it was a middle of the week posting...which tells me this deal was long in the making and Tulane knew he was out of the door. So this leak of what they were willing to pay was to see who out there would be interested in the job once Fritz-to-Houston was official.
Could Tulane be that smart? Hasn't shown it in the past and I doubt it !! My Choice is Gary Patterson former TCU Head coach, and currently an analyst for Texas. He is at the right age to come and stay awhile, unlike some younger coaches.
greenie78
Riptide

Tulane is a stepping stone school. Until people realize that, they will settle for feel good hires.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:32 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:31 pm

You and I and many other long time diehards know that's not true.
Yes unfortunately that’s been the case too many times.
Tulane Class of 1981
sslatten
Low Tide

I love Sumrall but also heard he turned down a chance to interview at Duke.

Kinne at Texas St is a young up and comer (although did coach Lindsay Scott at Incarnate Word 😳) with lots of Texas HS contacts and supposed to be offensive genius. Only 34 I think though.

I also think Patterson would be a great hire if gettable.

FTW guys doing a Herculean effort to keep our returning players so donate if you can.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sslatten wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:30 pm I love Sumrall but also heard he turned down a chance to interview at Duke.

Kinne at Texas St is a young up and comer (although did coach Lindsay Scott at Incarnate Word 😳) with lots of Texas HS contacts and supposed to be offensive genius. Only 34 I think though.

FTW guys doing a Herculean effort to keep our returning players so donate if you can.
I was worried about that. The coaches we want won’t want us. Similar to the AD search.
Tulane Class of 1981
sslatten
Low Tide

Sumrall has SEC dreams and can dominate his conference (with possible exception of JMU if they can keep momentum with new coach)
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

OUG wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:40 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:11 pm Anyone else worried that in Tulane fashion they will make Nagle permanent head coach after we get waxed in Annapolis? Hopefully this isn’t prophetic, but I have a weird feeling this is what’s going to happen.
No. They’re naming a new coach within the week. They’ve already provided that time table in a public statement. There is zero chance it’s Nagle anyway.
Are you sure about that? Would you be willing to bet your house on this?
greenie78
Riptide

sslatten wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:36 pm Sumrall has SEC dreams and can dominate his conference (with possible exception of JMU if they can keep momentum with new coach)
Tbf, he could dominate this conference too and make triple the money he does now.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sslatten wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:30 pm I love Sumrall but also heard he turned down a chance to interview at Duke.

No matter what we should take our best shot at Sumrall. As to Kinne he should't be written off due to his age.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

posse wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:44 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:50 pm That football scoop was old news most of last week.
I realize that it was a middle of the week posting...which tells me this deal was long in the making and Tulane knew he was out of the door. So this leak of what they were willing to pay was to see who out there would be interested in the job once Fritz-to-Houston was official.
Could Tulane be that smart? Hasn't shown it in the past and I doubt it !! My Choice is Gary Patterson former TCU Head coach, and currently an analyst for Texas. He is at the right age to come and stay awhile, unlike some younger coaches.
a coach staying should never be a consideration. Hire the best available and always have the list ready for the next hire. That's job 1 for any AD.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fuente should also get a look if he hasn't already taken the JMU job.
greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:56 pm
posse wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:44 pm

a coach staying should never be a consideration. Hire the best available and always have the list ready for the next hire. That's job 1 for any AD.
Hiring a coach because he stays is the best way to get Scelfo'd who would have left too if he could have.
anEngineer
Riptide

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:37 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:11 pm Anyone else worried that in Tulane fashion they will make Nagle permanent head coach after we get waxed in Annapolis? Hopefully this isn’t prophetic, but I have a weird feeling this is what’s going to happen.
No. They’re naming a new coach within the week. They’ve already provided that time table in a public statement. There is zero chance it’s Nagle anyway.
I would bet it all that it's NOT Nagle. Sight unseen, I give David Harris more credit than that. I also give Tulane enough credit to know that they can and should do much better than that.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:00 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:37 pm

I would bet it all that it's NOT Nagle. Sight unseen, I give David Harris more credit than that. I also give Tulane enough credit to know that they can and should do much better than that.
I hope y'all are right for the sake of my sanity for the next half decade.
1989alum
Low Tide

All I can say is thank the good Lord winwave, aka gasbag, will have zero role in selecting our next football coach!