New HC profile

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:05 pm Lenny’s list
https://crescentcitysports.com/potentia ... at-tulane/
If we are even considering a P5 position coach or a G5 coordinator I’m grabbing pitchforks.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OUG wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:38 pm
If we are even considering a P5 position coach or a G5 coordinator I’m grabbing pitchforks.
Sumrall...Mullen....RR....in that order
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

We are completely toast if any of those usual suspects are chosen.
We need a young NFL/SEC Offensive Coordinator & his name is Liam Coen.
Pay the young man! He’ll run rings around any re-tread
RobertM320
Green Wave

OUG wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:36 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:19 pm
OUG wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:04 pm

Who cares about the search firm? That’s a check the box move. I have no idea why you guys get hung up on that. The search firm isn’t relevant. We hired a search firm with Fritz too, it doesn’t matter. The firm is just the school’s agent.
So what do we have an AD for? That's HIS job. We don't need someone else to be the school's "agent".
When you’re negotiating a deal of this size you absolutely want someone doing some of the groundwork in negotiating before it reaches the principals. You want an agent for the same reason the coach wants an agent.
You identify the people who you're interested in, you interview them, you make them an offer. The school is the employer, we should already know what our requirements for the position are, and what we're potentially offering.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:51 pm We are completely toast if any of those usual suspects are chosen.
We need a young NFL/SEC Offensive Coordinator & his name is Liam Coen.
Pay the young man! He’ll run rings around any re-tread
the Coen rings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Coen
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
OUG
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:56 pm
OUG wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:36 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:19 pm

So what do we have an AD for? That's HIS job. We don't need someone else to be the school's "agent".
When you’re negotiating a deal of this size you absolutely want someone doing some of the groundwork in negotiating before it reaches the principals. You want an agent for the same reason the coach wants an agent.
You identify the people who you're interested in, you interview them, you make them an offer. The school is the employer, we should already know what our requirements for the position are, and what we're potentially offering.
https://www.si.com/college/2019/05/22/c ... en-mailbag

The search firms aren’t hired to identify candidates. They’re hired to create a layer of separation and give the school cover for the candidates they’re already targeting. It’s pro forma, and everyone uses them. It is the weirdest thing to get hung up on.

You hired a real estate agent to buy your house right? I’m guessing the agent didn’t pick the houses to tour for you. Their job is to work with the seller’s agent to identify what the space for a deal is and to make arrangements that help you close.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ole Lenny would show up for work at Tulane, his car had an "lsu" plate attached to the front bumper
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:42 pm
Not Sumrall a basket case,
wave97
Swell

He’ll run rings around Jon Sumrall
Liam Coen is a can’t miss hire. If you’re interested in recruiting & developing QB’s RB’s & Receivers & OL.
Last edited by wave97 on Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbissanti
High Tide

wave97 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:47 pm He’ll run rings around Jon Sumrall
who?
Eaglewave
Swell

MicMan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:49 amArt Briles. LOL
I hear ya, but I recently heard that ole Art’s case was dismissed. I wouldn’t be against him being our OC for the new coach.
Ball Sumrall!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:01 pm
OUG wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:00 pm This isn’t like the AD hire for me. In this case every fan already knows the resumes and the interviews are irrelevant.

If it’s not Sumrall someone somewhere screwed the pooch.

Triple his salary and give him the job. He will immediately bring talent through the portal.
Yes. But we hired a search firm to find a baseball coach.
Dannen doesn't like to have to hire anybody. He'd use a search firm to find a new janitor.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If OC's are under consideration--what about SMU's Casey Woods? Might as well see if he's interested.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:42 pm
Doesn't Mullen carry the same scarlet letter that Canizarro does? Which would black ball him at Gibson Hall. Same for RR now that I think of it. We all know it goes on, up and down the line with the faculty--you just can't get caught.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:15 pm
MicMan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:49 amArt Briles. LOL
I hear ya, but I recently heard that ole Art’s case was dismissed. I wouldn’t be against him being our OC for the new coach.
Briles was actually cleared in two court cases...at tulane U can be a convicted murder and get into school...... but Briles will not be allowed on campus...look for him to be on the staff @ Mississippi State in some "advisory" capacity
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Anyone else worried that in Tulane fashion they will make Nagle permanent head coach after we get waxed in Annapolis? Hopefully this isn’t prophetic, but I have a weird feeling this is what’s going to happen.
Bigschtick
Riptide

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:11 pm Anyone else worried that in Tulane fashion they will make Nagle permanent head coach after we get waxed in Annapolis? Hopefully this isn’t prophetic, but I have a weird feeling this is what’s going to happen.
Likewise. As soon as I received that email from Fitts, I thought, oh no, we will pull the usual Tulame and hire the worst OC ever
at this school. If anybody has the AD's ear, please express the opinion he needs to go as soon as that Military Bowl is over. Bet Fritzie
does not hire him. I am also betting that Tulane ends up hiring not one person listed on this thread!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:11 pm Anyone else worried that in Tulane fashion they will make Nagle permanent head coach after we get waxed in Annapolis? Hopefully this isn’t prophetic, but I have a weird feeling this is what’s going to happen.

IF Nagle is named head coach...NO more of my, or my families money is going to Tulane...
OUG
Riptide

No. They’re naming a new coach within the week. They’ve already provided that time table in a public statement. There is zero chance it’s Nagle anyway.
puffy
Surge

https://footballscoop.com/news/source-t ... tz-houston

Someone may have suggested this already, but this "leak" from a "source" was more about what TU was willing to pay the next head coach as much as it was to keep one. Perhaps it was a not-so-subtle advertisement to coaches out there of how serious Tulane wants to be to maintain and progress its current football success.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I know he's a bit of a polarizing figure, but don't know what kind of person Tom Herman is. We know what he makes since some poster made fun of Brian White for "hiring him on the cheap."!!! Triple his salary and he's still making less than Fritz made....just saying, this guy has won in this conference.

That football scoop was old news most of last week.
Last edited by DfromCT on Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

I’m sure the new AD had a long list of football coaches he would hire in his desk at N Iowa. Oh wait, they play FCS level and he won’t be here to share that list anyway until the New Year. I sure hope this coach’s search doesn’t ruin his holiday season.
Ruski
Swell

The only coordinator I wanna see considered is Shiel Wood, and thats in order to keep players from jumping ship.

If we can keep our D, Hughes, and a couple skill positions. Theres no reason we can't reload for 2024, definitely 2025.

We don't have time for a new coach to come in and spend 3 years building things up. If we revert to historical norms for the next 2-4 years, we'll lose our spot on the P5 life raft.
Wave Fan
Low Tide

Would hate to lose Hester.
puffy
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:50 pm That football scoop was old news most of last week.
I realize that it was a middle of the week posting...which tells me this deal was long in the making and Tulane knew he was out of the door. So this leak of what they were willing to pay was to see who out there would be interested in the job once Fritz-to-Houston was official.