Willie Fritz official to Houston

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:44 pm
David Harris with such inspiring messages. Dark days again incoming.


mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:57 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:44 pm
David Harris with such inspiring messages. Dark days again incoming.
I do not know if Harris will do good or not but there is basically nothing he can say but such a bland post as this or he would be talking shit one way or other
User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:15 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:57 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:44 pm
David Harris with such inspiring messages. Dark days again incoming.
I do not know if Harris will do good or not but there is basically nothing he can say but such a bland post as this or he would be talking shit one way or other
Here, I can try. “We appreciate Fritz and what he does and are sad to see him go. This university will begin to look for their next coach to continue his work in seeking to win the conference championship and a national championship.” Etc etc etc. but nah we’d rather go with a dead fish handshake message.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1648
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:37 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:15 pm Last comment for a while, was the writing on the wall??? it began last season, win at all cost not interested in building for the future. Heard Coach Fritz put in for Houston's job 3 times in the past. Rode Tyjae and Pratt to win, did not work to develop backups again this season ride Hughes and Pratt. Only Willie knows but maybe he disagreed with Svoboda on developing a deep offense like SMU did. SMU's coach praised the fact that he had 4 backs averaging over 5.5 yards per carry and 5 receivers with over 30 catches. Coach Fritz knew Dana was done at Houston and was waiting his turn!!! Fritz was forced to play deep into his bench because of injuries not because he wanted to. Like I always preach read between the lines, actions speak louder than words!!!

As far as Sumrall he looks like a basket case his own coaches had to restrain him for going after the refs, Don't need him at Tulane. That is not what a college coach should demonstrate in front his team. Wonder what he does his players if they mess up!!!

https://www.outkick.com/troy-coach-flip ... all-video/

Not saying summerall is guy but i am ok with this passion
Passion is ok, recklessness is not, knowing that he could have been ejected and if he laid a hand on a referee his coaching career could be over!!! His coaches may have saved his career.
mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:33 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:37 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:15 pm Last comment for a while, was the writing on the wall??? it began last season, win at all cost not interested in building for the future. Heard Coach Fritz put in for Houston's job 3 times in the past. Rode Tyjae and Pratt to win, did not work to develop backups again this season ride Hughes and Pratt. Only Willie knows but maybe he disagreed with Svoboda on developing a deep offense like SMU did. SMU's coach praised the fact that he had 4 backs averaging over 5.5 yards per carry and 5 receivers with over 30 catches. Coach Fritz knew Dana was done at Houston and was waiting his turn!!! Fritz was forced to play deep into his bench because of injuries not because he wanted to. Like I always preach read between the lines, actions speak louder than words!!!

As far as Sumrall he looks like a basket case his own coaches had to restrain him for going after the refs, Don't need him at Tulane. That is not what a college coach should demonstrate in front his team. Wonder what he does his players if they mess up!!!

https://www.outkick.com/troy-coach-flip ... all-video/

Not saying summerall is guy but i am ok with this passion
Passion is ok, recklessness is not, knowing that he could have been ejected and if he laid a hand on a referee his coaching career could be over!!! His coaches may have saved his career.
There is no reason to assume he would physically assault referee.
mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:31 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:15 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:57 pm

David Harris with such inspiring messages. Dark days again incoming.
I do not know if Harris will do good or not but there is basically nothing he can say but such a bland post as this or he would be talking shit one way or other
Here, I can try. “We appreciate Fritz and what he does and are sad to see him go. This university will begin to look for their next coach to continue his work in seeking to win the conference championship and a national championship.” Etc etc etc. but nah we’d rather go with a dead fish handshake message.
I do not see anything inspirational in your attempt either. Just saying...
User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:36 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:31 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:15 pm

I do not know if Harris will do good or not but there is basically nothing he can say but such a bland post as this or he would be talking shit one way or other
Here, I can try. “We appreciate Fritz and what he does and are sad to see him go. This university will begin to look for their next coach to continue his work in seeking to win the conference championship and a national championship.” Etc etc etc. but nah we’d rather go with a dead fish handshake message.
I do not see anything inspirational in your attempt either. Just saying...
You’re right, talks of winning the conference and seeking a national championship isn’t inspirational.
mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:42 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:36 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:31 pm

Here, I can try. “We appreciate Fritz and what he does and are sad to see him go. This university will begin to look for their next coach to continue his work in seeking to win the conference championship and a national championship.” Etc etc etc. but nah we’d rather go with a dead fish handshake message.
I do not see anything inspirational in your attempt either. Just saying...
You’re right, talks of winning the conference and seeking a national championship isn’t inspirational.
Not in that context. Not in my opinion
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1648
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:34 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:33 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:37 pm

Not saying summerall is guy but i am ok with this passion
Passion is ok, recklessness is not, knowing that he could have been ejected and if he laid a hand on a referee his coaching career could be over!!! His coaches may have saved his career.
There is no reason to assume he would physically assault referee.
He lost it and his coach pulled him away from the ref, in his state no telling what he would do he looked his coach down seriously with you better watch out!!!
mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:15 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:34 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:33 pm

Passion is ok, recklessness is not, knowing that he could have been ejected and if he laid a hand on a referee his coaching career could be over!!! His coaches may have saved his career.
There is no reason to assume he would physically assault referee.
He lost it and his coach pulled him away from the ref, in his state no telling what he would do he looked his coach down seriously with you better watch out!!!
I do not see that at all. He was upset. I was a D1 college soccer referee and would have no trouble if I saw that angry with me
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26459
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:15 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:34 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:33 pm

Passion is ok, recklessness is not, knowing that he could have been ejected and if he laid a hand on a referee his coaching career could be over!!! His coaches may have saved his career.
There is no reason to assume he would physically assault referee.
He lost it and his coach pulled him away from the ref, in his state no telling what he would do he looked his coach down seriously with you better watch out!!!
Woody Hayes would be insulted. That was nothing.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7407
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:24 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:15 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:34 pm

There is no reason to assume he would physically assault referee.
He lost it and his coach pulled him away from the ref, in his state no telling what he would do he looked his coach down seriously with you better watch out!!!
Woody Hayes would be insulted. That was nothing.
But it was a bigger deal in gb's head. He takes things expands and twists them in his head and then drops a treatise on us, lecturing us on how life and Tulane football should function--reality is no requirement.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:34 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:24 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:15 pm
He lost it and his coach pulled him away from the ref, in his state no telling what he would do he looked his coach down seriously with you better watch out!!!
Woody Hayes would be insulted. That was nothing.
But it was a bigger deal in gb's head. He takes things expands and twists them in his head and then drops a treatise on us, lecturing us on how life and Tulane football should function--reality is no requirement.
A football version of bobby knight, throwing chairs on field is fine with me if it wins
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7407
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:32 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:26 pm All we got to do to get Sumrall is tell him that our AAC refs aren't as bad as the Sunbelt refs.
Do your research, you are so shallow Houston Sumrall is a nut case, who knows how he treats his players, not a role model for Tulane, not happening.

gb, you're too stone-headed to recognize a facetious statement.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

I appreciate what Fritz accomplished but if I were a Houston fan, I'd be a bit underwhelmed. WF is a good but not great coach. Last year was a magical year but we still laid an egg against Southern Miss and gave up over 300 yards on the ground to UCF in the first meeting. Had the UCF and Cincinnati QBs not gotten injured, there's a good chance that we would not have made the Cotton Bowl. Spears absolutely carried us. This year's team was not a well coached team and consistently squeaked by bad teams. Fritz did build a solid foundation here but I just don't see him having huge success at Houston.
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7407
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

greenphantom wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:46 pm I appreciate what Fritz accomplished but if I were a Houston fan, I'd be a bit underwhelmed. WF is a good but not great coach. Last year was a magical year but we still laid an egg against Southern Miss and gave up over 300 yards on the ground to UCF in the first meeting. Had the UCF and Cincinnati QBs not gotten injured, there's a good chance that we would not have made the Cotton Bowl. Spears absolutely carried us. This year's team was not a well coached team and consistently squeaked by bad teams. Fritz did build a solid foundation here but I just don't see him having huge success at Houston.
All true. And if the UH fans aren't already concerned about Willie, after yesterday's offensive meltdown, wait til they get a steady diet of scrum runs.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9858
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:30 pm
As usual you are wrong, Coach Fritz applied for Houston's job 3 times in the past, then last year for the Georgia Tech job, he had deep roots in Texas and Georgia.

Fritz does NOT have "deep roots in Georgia". What rock did you crawl out from under? The extent of his roots in GA are two seasons at Georgia Southern. By that measurement, he's got deeper roots in New Orleans than Georgia.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12908
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:15 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:34 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:33 pm

Passion is ok, recklessness is not, knowing that he could have been ejected and if he laid a hand on a referee his coaching career could be over!!! His coaches may have saved his career.
There is no reason to assume he would physically assault referee.
He lost it and his coach pulled him away from the ref, in his state no telling what he would do he looked his coach down seriously with you better watch out!!!
gbg is reading between the lines again. We know the track record on that.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aegis
High Tide
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:40 pm
Status: Offline

Willie can’t rock a mullet so he is out at UH
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4961
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4961
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26459
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:50 pm
Great article by Ed
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

Those remarks about Harris’s statement—-give the guy a break. He’s too busy cleaning out his attic and renting a UHaul. Priorities. Priorities.
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4961
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
McWave
High Tide
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:31 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:15 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:57 pm

David Harris with such inspiring messages. Dark days again incoming.
I do not know if Harris will do good or not but there is basically nothing he can say but such a bland post as this or he would be talking shit one way or other
Here, I can try. “We appreciate Fritz and what he does and are sad to see him go. This university will begin to look for their next coach to continue his work in seeking to win the conference championship and a national championship.” Etc etc etc. but nah we’d rather go with a dead fish handshake message.
So WF can give no day notice but our new AD needs to finish up stuff at his old job. The Gibson crew agreed to it knowing WF would have offers. Either way two zombies picking up paychecks at the TU faithful expense. Gibson, if they cared would have said you have to be here yesterday, if that’s a problem we are moving on. That’s why I haven’t gotten passionate about TU for years. This is just a paycheck and sabbatical for those in charge. None of which are from the TU community.
Post Reply