Willie Fritz official to Houston

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Jaxwave
Swell

Any chance we can trace calls/emails from Wes Fritz to Houston OL coach regarding recruits and whatever monies are still to be paid out to him and his dad can be withheld for cause due to recruiting for Houston while employed by Tulane.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:45 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:31 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:15 pm

I do not know if Harris will do good or not but there is basically nothing he can say but such a bland post as this or he would be talking shit one way or other
Here, I can try. “We appreciate Fritz and what he does and are sad to see him go. This university will begin to look for their next coach to continue his work in seeking to win the conference championship and a national championship.” Etc etc etc. but nah we’d rather go with a dead fish handshake message.
So WF can give no day notice but our new AD needs to finish up stuff at his old job. The Gibson crew agreed to it knowing WF would have offers. Either way two zombies picking up paychecks at the TU faithful expense. Gibson, if they cared would have said you have to be here yesterday, if that’s a problem we are moving on. That’s why I haven’t gotten passionate about TU for years. This is just a paycheck and sabbatical for those in charge. None of which are from the TU community.
Absolutely. Unbelievable we allow an AD to publicly state that he only works 20% of his job doing Tulane related business while the other 80% was committee and job hunting stuff. Now we hire an AD that tells Tulane he’ll start in a month or so after he finishes up lose ends at his old job when we need full attention keeping student athletes here at Tulane and a quality FB coach ASAP. No urgency whatsoever Uptown.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

That’s an impressive welcoming crowd for Fritz in Houston. 4 people
Dave breslin
Swell

And I thought Wilfred Brinkley was dead
anEngineer
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:01 pm

Here, I can try. “We appreciate Fritz and what he does and are sad to see him go. This university will begin to look for their next coach to continue his work in seeking to win the conference championship and a national championship.” Etc etc etc. but nah we’d rather go with a dead fish handshake message.
So WF can give no day notice but our new AD needs to finish up stuff at his old job. The Gibson crew agreed to it knowing WF would have offers. Either way two zombies picking up paychecks at the TU faithful expense. Gibson, if they cared would have said you have to be here yesterday, if that’s a problem we are moving on. That’s why I haven’t gotten passionate about TU for years. This is just a paycheck and sabbatical for those in charge. None of which are from the TU community.
Absolutely. Unbelievable we allow an AD to publicly state that he only works 20% of his job doing Tulane related business while the other 80% was committee and job hunting stuff. Now we hire an AD that tells Tulane he’ll start in a month or so after he finishes up lose ends at his old job when we need full attention keeping student athletes here at Tulane and a quality FB coach ASAP. No urgency whatsoever Uptown.
I recently read where Bob Bowlsby, former Big12 commissioner and UNI AD, has agreed to take over the transition at UNI so that David Harris can devote his time to Tulane before the official January start.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:26 pm

I recently read where Bob Bowlsby, former Big12 commissioner and UNI AD, has agreed to take over the transition at UNI so that David Harris can devote his time to Tulane before the official January start.
Great!
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
anEngineer
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:39 pm
What percentage of the bunch will never fit Fritz's culture and are incapable of handing the ball to the referee with 2 hands?
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Dave breslin wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:10 pm And I thought Wilfred Brinkley was dead
I had to do a double take on that one too. Made me giggle during these crappy last 2 days.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:33 pm
There you go. He wanted to coach at a Power 5 level. Houston moving up made it attractive to him for the challenge of playing better competition. Meanwhile Tulane administration content here with CUSAAC.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually not unbelievable T. The absolute worst of all time was when RD publicly stated that Tulane doesn't judge by wins and losses. At any other school he would have been fired that day. But not at Tulane. He went on to say it more than once but never got fired for it. Pathetic.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

UH to spend $140 million on new FB facilities
Willie will probably get to give input on it as well.
Kid in a candy store over there.
University of Houston reveals new renderings of $140M football facility
Meanwhile Uptown we can’t even get a bubble he was promised for this season.
https://theconstructionbroadsheet.com/u ... bDs8nnkjWY
$140 million Football Operations Center, also referred to as the Football Development Center.

The 125,000-square-foot structure, according to UH, will be integrated with the existing TDECU Stadium and Indoor Practice Facility and will consolidate the Cougars' football and training operations, which are currently housed in a smaller facility located in another campus building.

The center also "will create a top recruitment experience and provide an experiential game day experience," according to UH Board of Regents documents.
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

Anyone know or speculate the financial terms of his contract? All I see is it’s a five year deal.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:31 am Anyone know or speculate the financial terms of his contract? All I see is it’s a five year deal.
Public school so it will be made public pretty soon.

This was updated prior to Willie’s move. He was #59, Dana at UH was #41 (Oct ‘23) I’d guess he got between $4.5 and $5 million.
https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salari ... ball/coach
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

The most annoying public comment from Rick Dickson was when asked about conference realignment, he would continue to say we were joined at the hip with Rice and SMU. That even rankled the feathers of SMU fans.
mbissanti
High Tide

time to move on from willie. time to keep bashing gibson hall though.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbissanti wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 am time to move on from willie. time to keep bashing gibson hall though.
let Willie go...allow him to get his concealed handgun permit, he will need it around the UH, 3rd ward, McGeghor 'hood.
Third Ward
Historically, Third Ward has faced some challenges with crime, particularly in certain pockets of the neighborhood. The violent crime rate is as high as 76 per 1,000 residents in neighborhoods like MacGregor. It also has faced socio-economic challenges with homelessness and poverty.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Congrats to Coach Fritz. He deserves it, though he should send a big Thank You present to Nick Anderson, Dorian Williams, Tyjae, Pratt and Sincere. The 2022 team got him this job, the 2023 team tried desperately to follow in it's footsteps but didn't have the same leadership, coaching or gumption that the 2022 team had. I never begrudge someone for taking a better job with more pay and bigger upside. Blame Tulane for not following through on promises, doing something as stupid as making the coach raise funds for his IPF, and basically putting us further from a P5 invite than we were when he got here despite his success.

And please, can Fritz take Slade Nagel with him? Who had the bright idea to name him interim coach? His 1 year as OC might be the worst year of playcalling and ugly offense in the Fritz era. And if he gets named HC, I'm done. I won't buy another ticket, go to a game, or even watch on TV. Slade Nagel is a lousy coordinator and a long long way from HC material.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tufinal4
High Tide

I still can't believe that Willie Fritz's "dream job" was ........ the University of Houston? An afterthought in Houston itself, perennially struggling mightily for attendance, attention & respect, still referred to today in Texas as Cougar High. Whatever floats your boat.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tufinal4 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:00 am I still can't believe that Willie Fritz's "dream job" was ........ the University of Houston? An afterthought in Houston itself, perennially struggling mightily for attendance, attention & respect, still referred to today in Texas as Cougar High. Whatever floats your boat.
I think he thought he’d reached his ceiling here. Wanted a P5 opportunity. It fell in his lap. No way does he go there if they are still G5.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Two of his kids live there. He has more ties to Texas than Louisiana. He has everything he needs now at Houston for the next coaching challenge.

Tulane fucked this up by not going all in. Not Willie.
Roll Wave!