SMU Whips Tulane 26-14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
MicMan
Swell

LOL the comments here.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Our offense only scored 7 points. The defense gifted the other 7.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:08 pm Not sure why the offensive coaches thought trying to block their d-line with a spread offense was the best idea. Best drive of the game was when we kept two TEs in and ran the ball with Hughes. That should have been the best strategy from the beginning.
Or at least chip and the fact that Hughes only got 11 carries is a travesty
Dupergreenie
Surge

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:04 pm NUMBAS and SOPHANDROS, you 2 cowards, how about that vaunted OL. They suck like you.

To all the assholes who disparaged me when I pointed out how BS the Nagle story was fuck each and everyone one of you.

That Nagle called the plays last year?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dupergreenie wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:29 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:04 pm NUMBAS and SOPHANDROS, you 2 cowards, how about that vaunted OL. They suck like you.

To all the assholes who disparaged me when I pointed out how BS the Nagle story was fuck each and everyone one of you.

That Nagle called the plays last year?
And that he was the OC.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

greenie78 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:03 pm Fitting this era of Tulane football ended with a Bauman drop in the end zone, less than a year after the game winning Cotton Bowl catch.
That really did show the antithesis of how last year ended.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

With this loss Willie now has the third most losses of any Tulane coach ever. A lot harder to climb the loss list here than the winning list.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We played like WF told the team this was his last game here. So disappointed. Won’t finish in the top 25 this year. What a shame. Tonight looked like the Ida year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
arkhou02
High Tide

WF was embarrassed today. The lack of any offensive imagination. Does anyone realize Pratt didn’t roll out one time. They didn’t use his arm properly. Just a shitty game plan and we have seen quite a few this year. Green was beat over and over and no help was provided. Don’t penetrate their 30 until the last series of the game. Just a joke of a game plan. Fritz screwed us this entire week. And our defense played their ass off. Fritz with another terrible offensive game plan. Running the ball over and over on first and second down. Even with 8:00 to go he did the same shit. Way to say goodbye coach. Piss poor game plan and we have seen this over and over this year. Pratt sacked eight times. Make some damn adjustments. I don’t put this on anyone but Fritz. He handled this week terribly and cost us a lot.
Ruski
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:03 pm Fitting this era of Tulane football ended with a Bauman drop in the end zone, less than a year after the game winning Cotton Bowl catch.
I was thinking the same. A year ago he catches it and we somehow pull a rabbit out of our ass. This year we can't get it in from the 2 yard line.
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:40 pm We played like WF told the team this was his last game here. So disappointed. Won’t finish in the top 25 this year. What a shame. Tonight looked like the Ida year.
Kind of reminded me of the Independance Bowl with Mack Brown.

Guys, there was nothing this staff could do offensively against SMU. Their DE's were dominant against our Tackles. I told my son the only chance we might have had was running 2 TE's but SMU would have brought 1 of their safeties down into the box. The lack of depth at WR position really hurt this team. Bottom line, they had better players with more NIL $.
Some will argue that this was not a great season. You win 10 plus games with this banged up group regardless of competition is a success.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:40 pm We played like WF told the team this was his last game here. So disappointed. Won’t finish in the top 25 this year. What a shame. Tonight looked like the Ida year.
Last night reminded me more of the “West Coast Offense” of the Toledo era than anything else. Stationary drop back quarterback getting killed by an unrelenting pass rush.

What an ugly way to end the Fritz era at Tulane.

Thank God for the SMU turnovers or the score would have been about 42 to 14.
krueman green
Ripple

Willie left after the Cotton Bowl he just didnt have any place to go to . Now he dose lets hope. :mrgreen:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IF Willie is leaving, it’s on Tulane for not doing anything with the year following the GaTech hiring. I don’t blame Willie either way, and really think it’s wrong to beat him up for leaving. We’re all disappointed by yesterday’s results, but we lost to a better team. They were better coached and better players all around.

Come off the ledge, win and others who are filled with hatred. Coach Fritz brought us the best run of our lives, that will never change.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:22 am IF Willie is leaving, it’s on Tulane for not doing anything with the year following the GaTech hiring. I don’t blame Willie either way, and really think it’s wrong to beat him up for leaving. We’re all disappointed by yesterday’s results, but we lost to a better team. They were better coached and better players all around.

Come off the ledge, win and others who are filled with hatred. Coach Fritz brought us the best run of our lives, that will never change.
Unlike you D i never have hate. I appreciate the one special season he gave us. We'll always have the Cotton Bowl. No one can take that away. This wasn't a special season. We beat a bunch of bad teams by slim margins. The team was boring. We couldn't sell out our 22,660 seat stadium for the UTSA game with the spot in the CCG riding on it. Don't want to hear about the students weren't there. We aren't talking about filling a 40,000 seat stadium. We couldn't sell out the CCG. This team did not capture the fans imagination. That's on Willie. He's far too conservative. No one is hating on him . He had 2 of the three things a coach needs to win here. He had structure and proper discipline. The third is to be creative offensively. He didn't have that and never will. We can do better.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:22 am IF Willie is leaving, it’s on Tulane for not doing anything with the year following the GaTech hiring. I don’t blame Willie either way, and really think it’s wrong to beat him up for leaving. We’re all disappointed by yesterday’s results, but we lost to a better team. They were better coached and better players all around.

If it will cost 6 million a year to keep him here, then I wish him the best of luck @ Houston. 👋🏻
greenie78
Riptide

I think coach did a great job over here. My only criticism today will be how we got to the offensive coordinator position. If he handled that the way he did the defensive coordinator position this offseason by hiring the best coaches available in Lance Guidry and later on Shiel Woods, this team might be 13-0 right now and borderline top 10.
Pepper
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:49 am I think coach did a great job over here. My only criticism today will be how we got to the offensive coordinator position. If he handled that the way he did the defensive coordinator position this offseason by hiring the best coaches available in Lance Guidry and later on Shiel Woods, this team might be 13-0 right now and borderline top 10.
We should have offered NIL money to a few Offensive Linemen,
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
greenie78
Riptide

Pepper wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:33 am
greenie78 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:49 am I think coach did a great job over here. My only criticism today will be how we got to the offensive coordinator position. If he handled that the way he did the defensive coordinator position this offseason by hiring the best coaches available in Lance Guidry and later on Shiel Woods, this team might be 13-0 right now and borderline top 10.
It was basically the same line we had last season. And it's hard to improve the o-line through NIL, even for big schools. A better scheme would have hid some of the problems. Basically asked Pratt and Hughes to carry the entire offense.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:48 am
It was basically the same line we had last season. And it's hard to improve the o-line through NIL, even for big schools. A better scheme would have hid some of the problems. Basically asked Pratt and Hughes to carry the entire offense.
This. Willie really screwed up by running off Svoboda.
mbissanti
High Tide

greenie78 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:48 am
The O-line was responsible for Tulane getting beat and struggling in easy games. The detailed root cause could be a lack of talent, bad schemes, a lack of motivation or a lack of conditioning. No matter what OC & WF are at the parties responsible for this.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:37 am

Unlike you D i never have hate. I appreciate the one special season he gave us. We'll always have the Cotton Bowl. No one can take that away. This wasn't a special season. We beat a bunch of bad teams by slim margins. The team was boring. We couldn't sell out our 22,660 seat stadium for the UTSA game with the spot in the CCG riding on it. Don't want to hear about the students weren't there. We aren't talking about filling a 40,000 seat stadium. We couldn't sell out the CCG. This team did not capture the fans imagination. That's on Willie. He's far too conservative. No one is hating on him . He had 2 of the three things a coach needs to win here. He had structure and proper discipline. The third is to be creative offensively. He didn't have that and never will. We can do better.
You say "unlike you", yet you've gone off on Fritz and a whole slew of others for almost 24 hours now that you have such a strong dislike that it comes across as hate. Read your post above, it hardly bears any resemblance to anything other than hatred. There have been times when you were absolutely intolerable (like now) but even then I didn't hate you. If you don't have hate, you sure have a fugly way of showing the love.

Thank you Coach Fritz for a wonderful run. I wish you all the best, and don't begrudge you leaving for more money and better institutional support. Good luck.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I don't have hate in me. Don't project yourself on me.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:00 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:37 am

You say "unlike you", yet you've gone off on Fritz and a whole slew of others for almost 24 hours now that you have such a strong dislike that it comes across as hate. Read your post above, it hardly bears any resemblance to anything other than hatred. There have been times when you were absolutely intolerable (like now) but even then I didn't hate you. If you don't have hate, you sure have a fugly way of showing the love.

Thank you Coach Fritz for a wonderful run. I wish you all the best, and don't begrudge you leaving for more money and better institutional support. Good luck.
D I disagree. That’s fandom passion win is exhibiting. Unfortunately it’s all how you interpret it. I see it as true love for Tulane. He wants the best for the university IMO. He’s frustrated like many of us are now.
Tulane Class of 1981