Baton Rouge NCAA Baseball Regional

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:52 pm Seems like its an SEC thing about hoarding tickets. Looks like all tickets for Southern Miss have to go through Auburn.

In general, the NCAA provides guidelines for ticket allocation and requires host institutions to provide a reasonable number of tickets to visiting teams for championship events. The intention is to ensure fair access and accommodations for both the home and visiting teams' fans.

Ticket Availability: Host schools often allocated tickets for purchase by the general public. The availability of tickets could vary depending on factors such as stadium capacity, demand, and NCAA regulations.

Pre-Sale Opportunities: Some host schools provided pre-sale opportunities for season ticket holders, boosters, or donors. These individuals would have the chance to purchase tickets before they were made available to the general public.

Online Ticket Sales: Many host schools offered online ticket sales through their official athletics websites or through authorized ticketing platforms. Fans could purchase tickets online, choose their seats, and receive electronic or printable tickets.

Ticket Pricing: The price of tickets could vary depending on factors such as seat location, tournament round, and the popularity of the teams involved. Host schools often had tiered pricing based on seating sections or areas of the stadium.

Student Tickets: Host schools typically allocated a portion of the tickets for sale to their own students. This allowed students to attend the games at a discounted price or, in some cases, for free. Students might be required to present a valid student ID to access these tickets.

Ticket Packages: Host schools may have offered ticket packages that included admission to multiple games or the entire tournament. These packages could provide fans with cost savings compared to buying individual game tickets.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:52 pm Seems like its an SEC thing about hoarding tickets. Looks like all tickets for Southern Miss have to go through Auburn.

Yet Oregon State has tickets for sale.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OSU short 2 starting pitchers for this weekend. I wonder if LSU throws Skenes against us now.
https://gazettetimes.com/sports/beavers ... ter_gtnews
OSU starting pitcher Jaren Hunter out due to injury and Canham confirmed Tuesday that fellow starter Jacob Kmatz is also unavailable. Kmatz did not pitch last week at the Pac-12 Conference Tournament.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:58 am OSU short 2 starting pitchers for this weekend. I wonder if LSU throws Skenes against us now.
https://gazettetimes.com/sports/beavers ... ter_gtnews
OSU starting pitcher Jaren Hunter out due to injury and Canham confirmed Tuesday that fellow starter Jacob Kmatz is also unavailable. Kmatz did not pitch last week at the Pac-12 Conference Tournament.
I don't buy saving pitchers because if the ace starts game one he may be able to come back in the championship game if the team gets that far. Sounds like Carmouche will start for us because lefties give LSU fits.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Send off
Tulane Class of 1981
Forever TU
Surge

Some of the GWC staff is here in Nashville and they are doing a watch party at Corner Pub in Green Hills if anyone wants to join! Gunna try and get there myself.
Greeniegb
Swell

Ok my seat is Sect. 219 third base row 1 seat 12 any other greenwave fans in that Section. Got ticket on Stub Hub, when I pull ticket up on mobile Phone it says ticket info but no UPC,hope ticket takers don't give me trouble without the UPC Code!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:47 am Ok my seat is Sect. 219 third base row 1 seat 12 any other greenwave fans in that Section. Got ticket on Stub Hub, when I pull ticket up on mobile Phone it says ticket info but no UPC,hope ticket takers don't give me trouble without the UPC Code!!!
Scam alert
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

9-2 OSU crushing the ball in Game 2 5th inning. We’ll get SHS most likely.
LSU loses tomorrow their fans will blame JJ for wasting Skenes against a 40 loss Tulane 🤣🤣
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:35 am
Greeniegb wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:47 am Ok my seat is Sect. 219 third base row 1 seat 12 any other greenwave fans in that Section. Got ticket on Stub Hub, when I pull ticket up on mobile Phone it says ticket info but no UPC,hope ticket takers don't give me trouble without the UPC Code!!!
Scam alert
How did you make out?
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OSU with 17 hits already only middle of the 6th. 12-2
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OSU 20 hits so far up 17-2 7th
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

As I said before, regardless of the regional outcome,
Uhlman needs to be terminated. As far as i’m concerned , it’ was an embarrassment to be referred to as the “team with the most losses to ever make the tournament, (Not to mention some of his questionable pitching decisions made today!)
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

+1
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Game 4 between LSU and Oregon St. will be played tomorrow at 3:06PM ET

Game 5 will be played at 9 PM ET

Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

Total embarrassment to the program. Any knowledgeable person should see that this program needs a drastic change. Yes I mean clean house and open the purse strings and hire a DECENT coaching staff. 41+ losses for ANY college baseball team should result in the firing of that “head coach.”
anEngineer
Riptide

Let's just hire a new coach every year. Since a first year coach is usually more of a reflection of what the previous coach left behind, we can always know how good or bad the previous coach was. We may end up getting rid of some good coaches prematurely, but we will be able to post on this blog site how good we know he was.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:29 am Let's just hire a new coach every year. Since a first year coach is usually more of a reflection of what the previous coach left behind, we can always know how good or bad the previous coach was. We may end up getting rid of some good coaches prematurely, but we will be able to post on this blog site how good we know he was.
I’d agree except he’s been involved in the program since 2019. It’s not like it’s his first year here. He’s probably responsible for all the current players and definitely all the current coaches. There’s no reason to lose 42 games with that team. I’m sure he’s going to be back so I hope he can win 42 games next season. Getting into a regional in our weak conference this year doesn’t excuse the overall failures. We didn’t win more the two straight games all season. Definitely the worst Tulane baseball record in history.
anEngineer
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:42 am
anEngineer wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:29 am Let's just hire a new coach every year. Since a first year coach is usually more of a reflection of what the previous coach left behind, we can always know how good or bad the previous coach was. We may end up getting rid of some good coaches prematurely, but we will be able to post on this blog site how good we know he was.
I’d agree except he’s been involved in the program since 2019. It’s not like it’s his first year here. He’s probably responsible for all the current players and definitely all the current coaches. There’s no reason to lose 42 games with that team. I’m sure he’s going to be back so I hope he can win 42 games next season. Getting into a regional in our weak conference this year doesn’t excuse the overall failures. We didn’t win more the two straight games all season. Definitely the worst Tulane baseball record in history.
If you've ever had the opportunity to talk to an assistant coach in a casual setting, like in a bar, they will admit that the head coach calls all the shots and they are there to make suggestions and carry out the head coach's wishes. Again, I am not at all satisfied with what happened during the season, but it not a fair comparison.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He was the recruiting coordinator for his three years as an assistant here. This year as the HC and third base coach he has made poor decision after poor decision. This hire was a mistake on the face of it. He absolutely should not be brought back. Unfortunately he will be and the stadium will be empty yet again.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:49 am He was the recruiting coordinator for his three years as an assistant here. This year as the HC and third base coach he has made poor decision after poor decision. This hire was a mistake on the face of it. He absolutely should not be brought back. Unfortunately he will be and the stadium will be empty yet again.
As will the Tulane baseball win column. This is a poorly coached team that makes both mental and physical errors constantly during most games--even late in the season.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
TURVS71
Swell

Please enlighten me as to other D1 baseball programs that fire a losing coach, don’t clean house BUT retain one of his assistants and promote him to head coach? Yes, I know Uhlman was not there the entire time but we all know this was a desperation move by Dannen as he wasn’t willing to pay to get a quality coach. So this is what you get. Why do you keep a coach that was part of a poorly run program. I don’t care who calls the shots, you clean house! Also, I would prefer a “seasoned” pitching coach that is at least a little older than the players he his coaching! Total clusterfu*k and very embarrassing to this program. Not the way to run a college program! You spend on the cheap, you get cheap results.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

I’ll bet that intentional walk was Uhlmans call! Just another bonehead decision ..well what do you expect from a Jewitt assistant!
anEngineer
Riptide

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I don't think Uhlman's ability as a head coach has yet been determined. He still may turn out good or terrible, but I don't think 1 year as HC is a fair assessment of anyone. We all acknowledge how horrible, lazy and disinterested Jewett was.