Baton Rouge NCAA Baseball Regional

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:15 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:39 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:21 am A string of 17 straight regionals getting at least one win was broken as well.
another “Dulhman” first accomplishment! Well done!
It would not have been broken had they not gotten in at all. Which would you have preferred?
Not much difference between "two and through" and not getting in at all. The only differences are they get an AAC Championship Ring, gave us a temporary ray of hope that something might have changed, and the opportunity to break a longstanding Tulane baseball streak--which they did decisively.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

The people who were saying we could win the regional were the delusional ones, and there were several. We won the conference tourney but still made lots of mistakes, just found a way to win enough games. It was exciting for the players and that's what it's supposed to be about. Getting in and not getting in is most definitely NOT the same thing for a student-athlete who worked hard all year.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:15 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:39 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:21 am A string of 17 straight regionals getting at least one win was broken as well.
another “Dulhman” first accomplishment! Well done!
It would not have been broken had they not gotten in at all. Which would you have preferred?
Hard to answer. We had a shitty season. And a shitty showing in the regionals. The ONLY thing making the regionals did for us this year was resurrect a lot of complacency among fans that I truly thought this years' football success had wiped out.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)