Pratt for Heisman

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:15 pm Www.TheAthletic.com
Pratt would be the #1 portal QB but is expected to go pro. He’d probably get millions in NIL money should he go to the highest bidder.
Michael Pratt, Tulane: Pratt would be considered the No. 1 quarterback on the market among many Power 5 coaching staffs who’ve been hoping he’d transfer for the past year. Most expect him to enter the NFL Draft after finishing out his senior season at Tulane and potentially leading his squad to back-to-back New Year’s Six bowl games.

The Florida native has been superb from the moment he took over as a true freshman in 2020 and has produced more than 9,000 career passing yards and nearly 1,200 rushing yards with 115 total touchdowns and 25 interceptions.

“He’d be the top guy on our board if he transfers and doesn’t go pro,” said the Pac-12 DPP. “He’s a fun player. Arm talent is pretty good. He processes the game well. He has below average mechanics and his accuracy is average, but he’s a savvy runner who evades defenders. He’s elusive in the pocket and runs through arm tackles. Makes really good decisions, has high-level anticipation, tough — there’s a lot to like with him.”
It's an interesting dilemma:

Pratt could make somewhere between $2-6 million in NIL, according to Matt Rhule.

This years QB class is very deep, Kiper has Pratt as the #9 QB. You gotta think he could move up to the top 5 next year with another season like 22/23. Thats 10's of millions of dollars in difference.

If I counted right, Clayton Tune was the #9 QB this year. Drafted in the 5th round. $4.2 million contract, 350k guaranteed.

Hendon Hooker was #5 QB drafted, in the 3rd round. $5.7 million contract. $1.2 million guaranteed.

If Pratt can get 1.5-2 million in NIL, it might not be a bad idea.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:15 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:15 pm Www.TheAthletic.com
Pratt would be the #1 portal QB but is expected to go pro. He’d probably get millions in NIL money should he go to the highest bidder.
Michael Pratt, Tulane: Pratt would be considered the No. 1 quarterback on the market among many Power 5 coaching staffs who’ve been hoping he’d transfer for the past year. Most expect him to enter the NFL Draft after finishing out his senior season at Tulane and potentially leading his squad to back-to-back New Year’s Six bowl games.

The Florida native has been superb from the moment he took over as a true freshman in 2020 and has produced more than 9,000 career passing yards and nearly 1,200 rushing yards with 115 total touchdowns and 25 interceptions.

“He’d be the top guy on our board if he transfers and doesn’t go pro,” said the Pac-12 DPP. “He’s a fun player. Arm talent is pretty good. He processes the game well. He has below average mechanics and his accuracy is average, but he’s a savvy runner who evades defenders. He’s elusive in the pocket and runs through arm tackles. Makes really good decisions, has high-level anticipation, tough — there’s a lot to like with him.”
It's an interesting dilemma:

Pratt could make somewhere between $2-6 million in NIL, according to Matt Rhule.

This years QB class is very deep, Kiper has Pratt as the #9 QB. You gotta think he could move up to the top 5 next year with another season like 22/23. Thats 10's of millions of dollars in difference.

If I counted right, Clayton Tune was the #9 QB this year. Drafted in the 5th round. $4.2 million contract, 350k guaranteed.

Hendon Hooker was #5 QB drafted, in the 3rd round. $5.7 million contract. $1.2 million guaranteed.

If Pratt can get 1.5-2 million in NIL, it might not be a bad idea.
Yes. I think that changes a lot. NIL money he’ll get will pay more than an NFL rookie 3rd round contract for sure.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

Sorry millions in difference moving from #9 -> #5, not 10s of millions. But the difference in guaranteed money could be huge.

Tune in the 5th: 350k
Hooker in the 3rd: 1.2M
Levis in the 2nd: 8.7M
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:11 pm Sorry millions in difference moving from #9 -> #5, not 10s of millions. But the difference in guaranteed money could be huge.

This . Plus the fact that NIL numbers are just rumored with no supporting documentation. NFL numbers are known. Pratt wants to go to the NFL. The only way he comes back to college is if the NFL gives him a low grade like they did with Sincere last year.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:10 pm
Ruski wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:11 pm Sorry millions in difference moving from #9 -> #5, not 10s of millions. But the difference in guaranteed money could be huge.

This . Plus the fact that NIL numbers are just rumored with no supporting documentation. NFL numbers are known. Pratt wants to go to the NFL. The only way he comes back to college is if the NFL gives him a low grade like they did with Sincere last year.
I mean Matt Rhule said to get a "good QB" in the portal is 1-2 million.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I’d bet he opts out any crap bowl game we’ll get now.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:55 am I’d bet he opts out any crap bowl game we’ll get now.
I hope so for his sake. He should get healthy and get ready for the draft.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:57 am
tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:55 am I’d bet he opts out any crap bowl game we’ll get now.
I hope so for his sake. He should get healthy and get ready for the draft.
Yep
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pretty good company here
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I would expect Pratt, being the leader that he has been, to play. Maybe it's just my hopes, but the team has been a tight-knit "family" and I wouldn't be surprised to see them come together as one and say "lets do this, make the Bowl game our last hurrah." If that happens, I think we will overcome Nagle and win. If we see massive opt-outs of the bowl game, it will be easy money to lay the points and take VaTech.

I don't begrudge Pratt if he hears from NFL experts that he's far enough down the list of QB's that taking a P5 NIL offer and using his last year of eligibility makes sense. I don't see him going to Houston but you never know. I hope he has a chance to work with a great OC if he opts for another year. But I don't see him going any higher than the third round, more likely in the later rounds. Either way, I'm sure he's done with Tulane. And I thank him for all he's done here and wish him luck wherever his next stop may be. On or off the gridiron, I think he has a very bright future.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fritz and Nagle cost him a lot of money this year. I hope wherever he goes, college or pro, that he has a great OC and a good OL.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Nix is playing in Oregons bowl, so may be a similar decision for Pratt.
Show Me
Tsunami

Tulane1111 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:23 am Nix is playing in Oregons bowl, so may be a similar decision for Pratt.
NY6 bowl Fiesta Bowl. Big difference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pratt needs to enter Le Portal, sign with a team that has a good QB coach....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Pratt needs to enter Le Portal, sign with a team that has a good offensive line....

Fixed it for you
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He needs a good OL, OC and QB coach.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope he plays in the military bowl. So long as he leaves the Bruce Lee slide out of the playbook he won’t get hurt. 1-0 one last time. Leadership. Everything he stands for.

I understand if he doesn’t, but hope he does. I think he should take a $1–2 million payday and play another year of college ball elsewhere. But finish what he started here.
Show Me
Tsunami

We’ll know something soon when bowl practice begins I’m sure he’s told the coaches his decision and Tulane is trying to sell tickets and keep bowl interest up. So when they are forced to tell us they will. If he opts out so will many fans that are on the fence about traveling.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:43 pm We’ll know something soon when bowl practice begins I’m sure he’s told the coaches his decision and Tulane is trying to sell tickets and keep bowl interest up. So when they are forced to tell us they will. If he opts out so will many fans that are on the fence about traveling.
Makes perfect sense.

I’m still wondering who decided on Nagle for HC for the Bowl? Hope we have a new HC by Weds or Thursday. We need a chance to talk to players in the portal. And recruit!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:43 pm We’ll know something soon when bowl practice begins I’m sure he’s told the coaches his decision and Tulane is trying to sell tickets and keep bowl interest up. So when they are forced to tell us they will. If he opts out so will many fans that are on the fence about traveling.
Makes perfect sense.

I’m still wondering who decided on Nagle for HC for the Bowl? Hope we have a new HC by Weds or Thursday. We need a chance to talk to players in the portal. And recruit!
OUG
Riptide

Pratt could maybe get $1mill in NIL from an extra year of college ball for the right P5. But the situation is so crucial. It’s not a guarantee that it helps your draft stock. It didn’t for Sam Hartman. He could also get hurt, and I don’t know how much you can trust these collectives to follow through on everything in that case either. Is $500k after taxes (not guaranteed) worth any downside risk? That’s the question. I don’t think there’s an easy answer.
KBWAVE
Ripple

He didn't look like a million dollar quarterback to me this year. I love what he's done in his Tulane career, but.......