Pratt for Heisman

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:54 pm It's a 4 quarter game and most posters on all of our sites have called out the play calling. It was not about effort. We were gifted good field position in the first half. Not so in the second half. That was a really bad defense we played against. This is not last years schedule. It is a weak ass schedule and with the talent at QB and the skill positions we should be ringing up big numbers and getting style points
Pratt did have two turnovers yesterday. One fumble and one INT

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:10 pm This whole Pratt for Heisman went out the window when he was injured during garbage time vs South Alabama. He needed to perform against Ole Miss. Fritz and Nagle have done a terrible job of protecting their quarterback from unnecessary hits. Pound for pound Pratt is as a tough a football player I have ever seen but he has to know better to avoid contact and the coaches have to make sure this happens. It a sure way to shorten a quarterback's career and it hurts the team when he is out!
This might be the dumbest post regarding Pratt's injuries that I have read. Pratt's injuries are a direct result of his running, sometimes unnecessarily, and ending his runs with something other than a well-rehearsed slide. Period, end of story.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

Pratt 21st Quarterback in the nation!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 845d&ei=11
Greeniegb
Swell

5 Michael Pratt transfer destinations that make a team a CFP contender.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 85a7&ei=43
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:17 pm 5 Michael Pratt transfer destinations that make a team a CFP contender.

Pure Garbage Gb
Debunked already by Pratt. SMU plant trying to cause us problems getting to host the CC.

https://www.on3.com/college/tulane-gree ... er-portal/

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

If he doesn’t go pro, doesn’t he have to take a high six figure NIL deal at a P5 program. First he gets the money and secondly he gets the exposure with NFL teams and if he plays well could be a first rounder next year.
Pepper
Swell

Who in their right mind reads MSN?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Pepper wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:20 am Who in their right mind reads MSN?
I know, right? And it seems to be the ONLY thing he reads.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Its funny how all the "pundits" ignore that J.P Losman, Shaun King, and Patrick Ramsey didn't seem to have any problem getting into the NFL. They didn't need "P5 level playing time" to get there.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:20 am Who in their right mind reads MSN?
Liberal sport fans :lol:
OUG
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:38 pm If he doesn’t go pro, doesn’t he have to take a high six figure NIL deal at a P5 program. First he gets the money and secondly he gets the exposure with NFL teams and if he plays well could be a first rounder next year.
The exposure thing is ridiculous, and probably hasn’t been true in 30 years. Absolutely, 100% not a factor in draft stock. You have FCS QBs going in the top ten these days
anEngineer
Riptide

I don't think Pratt is accurate enough to ever be a first round QB or an NFL starter. Can he become more accurate with technical training? Maybe. Drew Brees was certainly a believer in that and was as accurate as any QB ever.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's completing 71% of his passes. He's now officially 3rd in efficiency in the country. The ignorance abounds.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:26 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:17 pm 5 Michael Pratt transfer destinations that make a team a CFP contender.

Pure Garbage Gb
Debunked already by Pratt. SMU plant trying to cause us problems getting to host the CC.

Yea Michael who believes you after your so call cramps turned into a strained MCL. Liars lose credibility dude be truthful to your fans!!! NO one believes Coach will not leave if offer is right why should anyone believe you!!!
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:46 am He's completing 71% of his passes. He's now officially 3rd in efficiency in the country. The ignorance abounds.
Time will tell, you insulting POS! The NFL is an enormous step.
Pepper
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:53 am

Pure Garbage Gb

Yea Michael who believes you after your so call cramps turned into a strained MCL. Liars lose credibility dude be truthful to your fans!!! NO one believes Coach will not leave if offer is right why should anyone believe you!!!
Moron, no one will tell you where they are hurt. Do you realize how many shots you take? I'm beginning to wonder if you played football.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:41 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:53 am
Pure Garbage Gb

Moron, no one will tell you where they are hurt. Do you realize how many shots you take? I'm beginning to wonder if you played football.
So crazy I was about to say something along those lines. Injuries are always kept under the radar.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:32 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:46 am He's completing 71% of his passes. He's now officially 3rd in efficiency in the country. The ignorance abounds.
Time will tell, you insulting POS! The NFL is an enormous step.
Well you keep insulting one of the best if not the best QB in Tulane history you insulting POS! He hthew 2 TD passes last week while getting hit. As a senior in HS he left the school he was at and went to a school in a higher classification that had an incumbent starter and beat him out. He has no fear. He believes in himself and rightfully so. He'll make the best decision for himself. It's a QB heavy draft and our offensive play calling hasn't allowed him to put up big numbers. So he may stay in college for 1 more year and go somewhere where he can really flash his skills and no one could blame him. If he decides to got to the NFL he'll do just fine.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Huge risk playing college one more year. What if he blows a knee out? How’s that going to benefit him?
Get us to a NY6 bowl win it and that’s when you declare for the draft. If we fall short and get a lesser bowl sit it out and prepare for the Senior Bowl. That’s my advice.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

OUG wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:03 am
Jaxwave wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:38 pm If he doesn’t go pro, doesn’t he have to take a high six figure NIL deal at a P5 program. First he gets the money and secondly he gets the exposure with NFL teams and if he plays well could be a first rounder next year.
The exposure thing is ridiculous, and probably hasn’t been true in 30 years. Absolutely, 100% not a factor in draft stock. You have FCS QBs going in the top ten these days
Should have clarified the exposure thing. My opinion is that in particular this year, the defenses we’ve faced have been terrible. If he were to go to a Washington, Auburn, ND and excel against their schedules I think his draft stock would rise.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:06 pm Huge risk playing college one more year. What if he blows a knee out? How’s that going to benefit him?
Get us to a NY6 bowl win it and that’s when you declare for the draft. If we fall short and get a lesser bowl sit it out and prepare for the Senior Bowl. That’s my advice.
Many have taken that risk at all positions. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. That's life. No risk it no biscuit.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:14 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:06 pm Huge risk playing college one more year. What if he blows a knee out? How’s that going to benefit him?
Many have taken that risk at all positions. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. That's life. No risk it no biscuit.
The young man is smart. I'll support whichever decision he makes, unless he transfers to those turds up the river.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:21 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:14 pm
The young man is smart. I'll support whichever decision he makes, unless he transfers to those turds up the river.
Same here. I think most see it that way.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We had a lineman Jeffery Johnson transfer to OU his 5th year and it may have hurt his draft status when OU had terrible season. You never know had he played with us in the Cotton Bowl how things would have turned out. OU went 6-7 while we went 12-2.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It didn’t work out for him. It has worked out for many others over the years.