Game of my lifetime

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tufinal4
High Tide

Conference title, scaled the wall & went down on the field, brushburn on my arm, pretty sure I saw the ghosts of Mike Johnston, John Anderson and Don Florentino dancing on the 20 yard line, bought my New Years Day airfare to Dallas with 35 seconds left in the game

GO GREENIES

Forever TU
Surge

I worked in the ticket office from 2012-2014. I dreamt about our future success but never in my wildest dreams did I expect something like this. Holy cow. A night I and we will truly never forget.

Roll Damn Wave!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just got home from the game. Absolutely the game of my lifetime. I was only 14 back in 1973 when we beat LSU, but I watched that game closed circuit at the Municipal Auditorium, so never got to experience anything like this. Closest would be the 24-13 win vs LSU in 1979. I was able to video the students as they poured onto the field as the game ended, and all the fireworks. What a great night!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tufinal4 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:29 pm Conference title, scaled the wall & went down on the field, brushburn on my arm, pretty sure I saw the ghosts of Mike Johnston, John Anderson and Don Florentino dancing on the 20 yard line, bought my New Years Day airfare to Dallas with 35 seconds left in the game

GO GREENIES
Yes. Same here!! I wish you could see my video.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

For me greatest win since 31-28 @ the shit house.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jesus. We’re 11-2
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

I couldn’t bring myself to leave. I believe I was the last person to leave my seat in Westfeldt. I’m not ashamed to admit I had tears. I really didn’t think I would live long enough to see this.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:21 pm Jesus. We’re 11-2
I know, right? It doesn't seem real. This is a very special group of players. A lot of people think we're going to get smoked in the Cotton Bowl, no matter who we play, but I don't believe that's going to happen.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave QB
Swell

What a time I had today! I had been looking forward to the 2022 Season for a while, and everything fell in line for a great season. Congratulations to our boys for staying strong after the USM loss, and winning the conference title. We are finally going to get to see one of most talented teams since 1998 take on a P-5 program in a New Years Bowl. Ours boys should play out of their minds in this one. Roll Wave!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Tears all around. Well done. With love _

Clear eyes,
Full hearts
Roll Wave
IM42lane
Swell

I had NEVER seen Tulane win a football conference championship AT TULANE, EVER! That streak is officially OVER!

My wife has always wanted to attend the Cotton Bowl. I suppose that I must find a way to finance that.

ROLL GREEN WAVE!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:48 pm I couldn’t bring myself to leave. I believe I was the last person to leave my seat in Westfeldt. I’m not ashamed to admit I had tears. I really didn’t think I would live long enough to see this.
I sincerely hope that this is a beginning of something special for Green Wave Football.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere