Tulane Whips UCF 45-28, AAC CHAMPS, 4-1 Big 12 Champs too

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great national article here
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... 1939/live/
Playing in the Cotton Bowl will mark a new program high for Tulane, and Fritz's decision to stay put in New Orleans makes it possible for the Green Wave to keep chasing big-time bowl games. In the expanded playoff era, this will be a team to watch every November as it competes to be one of the six highest-ranked conference champions or battle for an at-large bid.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:57 am
Perhaps the greatest run in Tulane FB history right there. I’ve never seen one better in my lifetime.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

It was a very special night! Just watching the students into it and having fun will also always be remembered!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane post game

The Knights post game
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:42 am
Perhaps the greatest run in Tulane FB history right there. I’ve never seen one better in my lifetime.
I get goosebumps every time I watch it.
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Aegis
High Tide

JerseyWave wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:13 pm You can’t choke any worse than Tulane.
You suck as a fan. Gotta have faith. Let’s continue to build this MF.
anEngineer
Riptide

When you consider that we gave up 7 points with the fumble on the 3 yd line and another 7 with the fumble at the 30, we really beat the hell out of UCF.
greenie78
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:12 am When you consider that we gave up 7 points with the fumble on the 3 yd line and another 7 with the fumble at the 30, we really beat the hell out of UCF.
More than doubled their total yardage, they won the turnover battle by 3 and we still dominated them.
RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:12 am When you consider that we gave up 7 points with the fumble on the 3 yd line and another 7 with the fumble at the 30, we really beat the hell out of UCF.
Very true. It shows in the stats. And that's in spite of losing the turnover battle 3-0. We just made more plays. That fumble at the 3 was a heartbreaker. We would have gone up at that point 31-7 I think. Just an outstanding team effort.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think we also need to give a ton of credit to the offensive line. I mean, Pratt rarely looked rushed at all. I think he was sacked once, but other than that, very few pressures. I liked the fact we started the game rolling him out of the pocket a lot, although he's not at his best throwing on the run.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Greatest run I have ever seen in football. Sheer determination on his part.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:35 am
Greatest run I have ever seen in football. Sheer determination on his part.
I think it was voted ESPN's number 1 weekend highlite
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave, I have to give credit where credit is due. You said from day one that this team was good enough to win the AAC and get the NY6 bid. You never wavered. Kudos to that.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:42 am winwave, I have to give credit where credit is due. You said from day one that this team was good enough to win the AAC and get the NY6 bid. You never wavered. Kudos to that.
Thanks. Just so happy it came to fruition. All os us long time diehards so deserve this. Looking forward to 1-0!
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
cigarman66
Ripple

I have followed the Wave since age 8 when my dad used to take us to the North endzone of Tulane stadium. Those were lean years - the Bobby Duhon, Warren Bankston years. Have never wavered in my faith and love of TU athletics, but will admit that I have had my share of doubts over the years. Former season ticket holder, thinking of restoring that status finally. Also have to admit that I was okay with the early Fritz years getting to bowl games with 6 win seasons while many of you on this board pushed for much more. I didn't think more was in the realm of possibilities. This season has been an eye opener for me: to the possibilities of what TU football could be. If we only had administration backing, I can't imagine where it could go! At any rate, truly enjoyed the game last night and so glad my wife talked me into going! Was amazing to see an actual student body supporting the team, And then walking the field after the game.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:44 am
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:42 am winwave, I have to give credit where credit is due. You said from day one that this team was good enough to win the AAC and get the NY6 bid. You never wavered. Kudos to that.
Thanks. Just so happy it came to fruition. All os us long time diehards so deserve this. Looking forward to 1-0!
I will second Robert's post. You told us back in August this team SHOULD win the AAC. I wondered what you were smoking at the time. It's still hard to believe, and I tear up watching the post game presser. Cannot wait to be in Jerry's World beating the Trojans.

Anyone have a link to the Trophy Presentation? ABC cut away from it, saying you can watch it on the ESPN App. The ESPN App told me I didn't have permission to view!

I think the fireworks and confetti were well done, whether TD or the AAC takes credit, kudos are due. And again, winwave, you were right about this team.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks D. The green cotton candy they were making and giving away as we left the stadium was a nice touch too!
Pepper
Swell

Spot on WW. You called it.

I thought our WR group as a whole played the best game I have seen in a long while. I got nervous when they cut it to 3 but Pratt was the man yesterday.

For those who are the newer of the fans, you really do not grasp what this means to the old timers. I know my Dad was watching above and my son and I polished off a bottle of crown and a few cigars last night. Not gonna lie, we were both tearing up.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks Pepper. Glad we lived long enough to be there for this!