Tulane Beats Houston in OT 27-24- 2-0 in the big12

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:08 am Houston struggles under Dana
The home schedule is halfway over, and UH is 1-2 at home. So that’s 9-8 under Holgorsen at home and 7-8 vs. FBS teams.

UH is 19-18 vs. FBS opponents under Holgorsen.

Dana Holgorsen is now 21-18 through 39 games at UH.

Tony Levine went 21-17 in 38 games as UH coach.
Yet he’s owed almost $20 million if they fire him. Houston is screwed for awhile. Big-12 or not.
It's Tilman Fertita's call. He owns that school.
Bigschtick
Riptide

I am very proud of Kai Horton! The kid made some mistakes but held up like a pro! Its a great win and its his!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:39 am I am very proud of Kai Horton! The kid made some mistakes but held up like a pro! Its a great win and its his!
Absolutely dead on right. Mrs. Horton should smile all week, but there's clearly no QB controversy.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:34 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:08 am Houston struggles under Dana
The home schedule is halfway over, and UH is 1-2 at home. So that’s 9-8 under Holgorsen at home and 7-8 vs. FBS teams.

UH is 19-18 vs. FBS opponents under Holgorsen.

Dana Holgorsen is now 21-18 through 39 games at UH.

Tony Levine went 21-17 in 38 games as UH coach.
Yet he’s owed almost $20 million if they fire him. Houston is screwed for awhile. Big-12 or not.
It's Tilman Fertita's call. He owns that school.
True
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:39 am I am very proud of Kai Horton! The kid made some mistakes but held up like a pro! Its a great win and its his!
+1, 3rd string redshirt freshman playing on national 📺 television in his home state of Texas & he comes through with 2 nice TD passes, and a nice shuttle pass on fourth and goal for a TD.

:D Per ardua ad astra, “through adversity to the stars.”
Eaglewave
Swell

What a good win for our program after last week’s shitshow. I am still a Fritz supporter, but we should be 5-0 taking on ECU at home with a big crowd! Damn! We should be getting some top 25 talk at this point.

Oh well, let’s finish strong. Being 5-1 going into South Florida would be the second best scenario.
Ball Sumrall!
RobertM320
Green Wave

First you win, then you Walk Like Ronald!
"">
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Eaglewave wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:17 am What a good win for our program after last week’s shitshow. I am still a Fritz supporter, but we should be 5-0 taking on ECU at home with a big crowd! Damn! We should be getting some top 25 talk at this point.

Oh well, let’s finish strong. Being 5-1 going into South Florida would be the second best scenario.
We would have been ranked last week and moved up after this houston dub. Yes it’s frustrating, but we should be proud of beating Kansas state and houston on the ROAD. That’s been a huge boogeyman over the years
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:42 am I really thought the team would be prepared and the coaching staff had them ready. I thought both QB's played well enough to win. The defense is solid. Jesus, we need to find a kicker. Great win and I hope WF makes them practice twice as hard just to keep them focused for next week.

Ambrosio may be back this week to kick.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:02 am
winwave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:42 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:22 pm
He should be fired in the morning
Lost to Tulane at home with us playing our 3rd string QB. So he will be fired at some point this season.
It will cost almost $20 million to do so.
https://gocoogs.com/cougars-lose-to-tulane/
With five years and two months left on his contract, Dana Holgorsen is not getting fired. There are no conversations among UH higher-ups discussing this anywhere. As of Saturday, October 1, Dana is owed nearly $19.5 million. 2023, 2024, and 2025 are all guaranteed in full – that’s over $13,000,000 before the 60% he is owed for 2026 and 2027.

It’s not happening.
A loss to Tulane can change all of that. Remember the school won't pay the bulk of that money their money man will.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:22 pm
anEngineer wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:47 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:31 pm I told my wife we going to win when UH won the toss and elected to go on offense first. Bizarre decision in OT at home.
There is absolutely no benefit to going first. It's stupid arrogance of a dirtbag coach.
He should be fired in the morning
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:29 am
Eaglewave wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:17 am What a good win for our program after last week’s shitshow. I am still a Fritz supporter, but we should be 5-0 taking on ECU at home with a big crowd! Damn! We should be getting some top 25 talk at this point.

We would have been ranked last week and moved up after this houston dub. Yes it’s frustrating, but we should be proud of beating Kansas state and houston on the ROAD. That’s been a huge boogeyman over the years
Yep, 2014 was the last time we beat them at Houston, and @ their TDECU Stadium.
Green Wave
Swell

So long Houston. BTW. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

torbida
Surge

They didn't let adversity break them like past teams did now for the next test- to exorcise "same ol Tulane" and defeat a good opponent and not make special teams mistakes.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:42 am
Absolutely dead on right. Mrs. Horton should smile all week, but there's clearly no QB controversy.
Unfortunately, both Pratt and Ibieta have shoulder injuries on their throwing arms. May be no choice moving forward. Shoulder injuries don't heal overnight. Haggard needs to be ready also as Kai played thought a limp, not sure what that was.
Like I said there was no reason not to split the second halves of both the Mass. and Alcorn St. games between Ibieta and Horton. Horton was thrown to the wolves by the coaching staff and delivered. As Tygae said Horton had a chip on his shoulder since the Cincinatti game where he was also thrown to the wolves. The team knows these things internally and they stuck behind Horton.
He had a 4th td pass dropped in the left corner of the end Zone.
Pepper
Swell

A/C joint sprains can take a week or 6 weeks. Depends on the severity. The fact he was not in a sling all week was very promising. Not sure of the extent of Ibeita's injury. He still thinks he's at Country Day where he was the biggest kid on the field. He had a real solid 1st drive but not much of a sample size. With us playing USF next week, I would start Horton with Pratt coming off the bench if he's ready.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:45 am A/C joint sprains can take a week or 6 weeks. Depends on the severity. The fact he was not in a sling all week was very promising. Not sure of the extent of Ibeita's injury. He still thinks he's at Country Day where he was the biggest kid on the field. He had a real solid 1st drive but not much of a sample size. With us playing USF next week, I would start Horton with Pratt coming off the bench if he's ready.
Tulane actually plays ECU prior to USF...so sumbody better be ready
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's a shame the D doesn't get the credit they deserve. Our offense scored 14 points in regulation. Not going to win many games like that. That was against a bad Houston D missing several key players. We have to pick it up on that side of the ball.
anEngineer
Riptide

The fact that Pratt was not stated as out until gameday tells me that he was day to day and his injury is not that bad. As stated before, he was not in a sling so that is also encouraging for this week.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:55 am It's a shame the D doesn't get the credit they deserve. Our offense scored 14 points in regulation. Not going to win many games like that. That was against a bad Houston D missing several key players. We have to pick it up on that side of the ball.
Okay, bruh, I'll play along. Who is exactly is not giving our defense the credit they deserve? They are one of the top rated defenses in college football right now! They are playing lights out and winning games for us. Special Teams and O must improve.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
anEngineer
Riptide

Wavetrader wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:21 am
winwave wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:55 am It's a shame the D doesn't get the credit they deserve. Our offense scored 14 points in regulation. Not going to win many games like that. That was against a bad Houston D missing several key players. We have to pick it up on that side of the ball.
Okay, bruh, I'll play along. Who is exactly is not giving our defense the credit they deserve? They are one of the top rated defenses in college football right now! They are playing lights out and winning games for us. Special Teams and O must improve.
I agree. The announcers bragged about our defensive standing all night during the game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:10 am The fact that Pratt was not stated as out until gameday tells me that he was day to day and his injury is not that bad. As stated before, he was not in a sling so that is also encouraging for this week.
He didn't practice all week. They knew he wasn't going to play. WF said he should be back this week. Not sure how much stock to put in that. Obviously hoping he is.