USM Beats Tulane Again

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The threads:

Same uniform combo we wore when we beat them in '98 to go 4-0!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice job:

Ruski
Swell

Tulane country starting to look good! Take care of business this and we might have a chance to take the majority of LA from Houston next week!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hyped up:

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:42 pm Hyped up:

That got me fired up.

IT'S FINALLY GAME DAY!
ROLL WAVE ROLL
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:27 am
winwave wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:42 pm Hyped up:

That got me fired up.

IT'S FINALLY GAME DAY!
ROLL WAVE ROLL
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bigschtick
Riptide

I have seen two different times for todays game. Please, what N.O time?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 6.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane , Take note:
Everybody's PEE expansion team (Bosie State)10...UTEP 27.... and it wasn't as close as the score indicates
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Harsin could get his job back there after he gets fired at Auburn.
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:23 am The game is at 6.
Thank you
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:29 am Tulane , Take note:
Everybody's PEE expansion team (Bosie State)10...UTEP 27.... and it wasn't as close as the score indicates
I saw that as well. Half the MWC has two losses or more. Only shot of anyone coming out of there for the NY6 bowl is Air Force.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Ruski wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:10 pm Image

Tulane country starting to look good! Take care of business this and we might have a chance to take the majority of LA from Houston next week!
That map is about as ridiculous as anything I’ve seen in years—with strange locales for Tulane.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Will Hall much better coach than WF. He took over an even worse situation than Willie did with even less resources and yet beat Willie at Tulane in year 2. As I said from early on Willie boy is too risk adverse. He plays not to lose.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Does this mean we may not make it into the Cotton Bowl? 🤪
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jaxwave
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:22 am Does this mean we may not make it into the Cotton Bowl? 🤪
[/quote
No it means WILL not…..ever.
RobertM320
Green Wave

We're feeling the same way this weekend that Kansas State felt last weekend. Losing to what we felt was an inferior opponent, at home. Now lets go into Houston and win next week.

For those of us old enough to remember (probably most of us), the 1979 team pulled off a huge upset of Stanford to open the season, only to lose the very next week to an awful Rice team. That team finished the regular season 9-2. I'm not sure Fritz has the ability to refocus the team like that, though.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

This is exactly right. Almost every team loses multiple games every year. Good teams and coaching staff keep level heads and don't live the ridiculous ups and disasters we see on this site. USM made a couple of big plays that changed the game. It happens. Most of us were hoping for 3-1 at this point and we are. Now we can contend in a conference that is a lot more even than previous.
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:19 am Will Hall much better coach than WF. He took over an even worse situation than Willie did with even less resources and yet beat Willie at Tulane in year 2. As I said from early on Willie boy is too risk adverse. He plays not to lose. That won at lower levels. It clearly doesn't work at this level. So Tulane is back to seeking out three other teams that are so bad Tulane can beat them and go to a nobodygivesaflying fuckbowl.com. It's over for Tulane athletics. I can't even begin to express the disappointment This was Tulane's last chance to do something significant and they Tulaned yet again. IT'S OVER!!!!

EXACTLY!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I’m sitting here watching the Saints and they look awful Tulane really blew it this weekend they had the chance to get all the eyes on them now we’ll be reading about LSU’s march on under Kelly.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

The reaction here to an oppportunity to go 4-0 and jump into the national rankings squandered, which happens once a generation at Tulane, is completely appropriate. More concerning is the poor play of the QB, which doesn't augur well for the rest of the season.
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:41 am We're feeling the same way this weekend that Kansas State felt last weekend. Losing to what we felt was an inferior opponent, at home. Now lets go into Houston and win next week.

For those of us old enough to remember (probably most of us), the 1979 team pulled off a huge upset of Stanford to open the season, only to lose the very next week to an awful Rice team. That team finished the regular season 9-2. I'm not sure Fritz has the ability to refocus the team like that, though.
Robert, last night I immediately thought as well of the Rice game in 1979. We lost to Rice 21-17 @ Houston that year with "Dr. Roch" Hontas @ quarterback and Lindy Infante as offensive coordinator. Rice finished the 1979 season 1-10, its only win over Tulane. https://riceowls.com/sports/football/schedule/1979

But, we finished the 1979 season 9-2 beating LSU on national television at the Dome 24 to 13. And, then lost 9 to 6 @ the Liberty Bowl to Penn State.🤦‍♂️

Statistics are for losers, but statistically Vegas, Sagarin and the computers had it right for how the teams compared, we had twice as many first downs as USM, 26 to 13, and held them to 59 yards rushing? 🤷‍♂️ Time to "suck it up" and get ready for "Cougar High"!!!!!!