Fall Camp 2022

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:35 am
winwave wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:46 pm Same with Remetich. That article actually came from Tulane's site. CCS copies that a lot. That says pre=season. I don't think he made any Freshman AA teams but like Tuggle some got overly excited but neither did anything special.
Also sounds like all three quarterbacks are getting quality snaps with all the receivers learning from last year, next man up needs to be ready without seeing any large drop off in quality. Way winning teams win. Called quality depth.
There is no reason to think that we won’t need most our QBs. While there is optimism about our OL and new offensive scheme, until it’s demonstrated in real games, I worry about the survivability of our QBs.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:46 pm Same with Remetich. That article actually came from Tulane's site. CCS copies that a lot. That says pre=season. I don't think he made any Freshman AA teams but like Tuggle some got overly excited but neither did anything special.
Also sounds like all three quarterbacks are getting quality snaps with all the receivers learning from last year, next man up needs to be ready without seeing any large drop off in quality. Way winning teams win. Called quality depth.
Ibieta is fully recovered from his injury and is working with the two's. That leaves Horton working with the threes.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:59 am
Ibieta is fully recovered from his injury and is working with the two's. That leaves Horton working with the threes.

For your info, there is no depth chart as just yesterday the receiver coach agknowledge equal reps and no depth chart. You always come up with bs winwave. Leave it be!!!

But the nine-man scholarship group under new position coach John McMenamin appears capable of erasing all off those frustrating memories. Shae Wyatt, Jha’Quan Jackson, twins Duece and Phat Watts, transfers Lawrence Keys and Dea Dea McDougle, redshirt freshman Bryce Bohanon and true freshmen Chris Brazzell and Jalen Rogers are catching nearly everything.
“I feel really good about them,” McMenamin said. “There are a lot of different types of personalities and really a lot of different types of players. There is no depth chart right now. They are coming out and competing.” Competition, next man up My kind of coach compete everyday, every minute!!!
Pepper
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:50 am

For your info, there is no depth chart as just yesterday the receiver coach agknowledge equal reps and no depth chart. You always come up with bs winwave. Leave it be!!!

But the nine-man scholarship group under new position coach John McMenamin appears capable of erasing all off those frustrating memories. Shae Wyatt, Jha’Quan Jackson, twins Duece and Phat Watts, transfers Lawrence Keys and Dea Dea McDougle, redshirt freshman Bryce Bohanon and true freshmen Chris Brazzell and Jalen Rogers are catching nearly everything.
“I feel really good about them,” McMenamin said. “There are a lot of different types of personalities and really a lot of different types of players. There is no depth chart right now. They are coming out and competing.” Competition, next man up My kind of coach compete everyday, every minute!!!
I think the WR coach was talking about the WR's. There's only 1 starting QB and he has been running the 1st team offense for quite some time. I really do not care who is carrying the clipboard.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:50 am

I posted the article so I now what was said. I also know at QB Pratt is #1. Ibieta is #2 and Horton is #3.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I hope Hampton realizes he’s on the hot seat. Most of us (including me) wanted him gone and chalked up his staying as willing be cheap (or unable to replace his entire staff).

I hope he proves us wrong. We have a significantly weaker OOC and we are playing the same teams as last year (with Cinci taking a major step back). Let’s win
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Some footage of today's scrimmage:

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Interviews:

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick
Riptide

Who was that short fellow that broke for a TD? Barisas?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
arkhou02
High Tide

A lot of enthusiasm. Great to see.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:37 am Who was that short fellow that broke for a TD? Barisas?
He's a walk-on.
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:47 am
Bigschtick wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:37 am Who was that short fellow that broke for a TD? Barisas?
He's a walk-on.

Thank you Winwave
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:35 pm Willie lauds Ibieta's progress:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... d96c0.html
Great, nice to hear about another quarterback besides Pratt, Justin came in with alot of credentials but the injury set him back. Want to hear more about the competition, it only helps to build confidence to hear the coach talking about you. He has worked hard and stayed quiet nice to see his interview. Liked watching his sister in volleyball, intense player, like Justin.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:54 pm Throwing their weight around:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 4b6e1.html
It would be great to see Angelo Anderson have a break out year.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I haven't seen the depth chart, but the article winwave posted earlier in the week makes it clear that nothing has changed at the QB position:
“He (Ibieta’s) doing an excellent job,” Fritz said after confirming Ibieta's status ahead of Kai Horton as the backup to third-year starter Michael Pratt. “He’s had a great camp. A little up and down, but he’s had a lot more good days than bad days.”
Great to have 3 healthy and capable QB's. I hope the line has improved enough as advertized that they stay healthy. But Pratt is clearly the starter, the big battle at the position was for pecking order behind him, which is back to where it was this time a year ago.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE