Lowly WSU Sweeps Tulane

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Pepper
Swell

I'm watching FSU/Miami last night and this kid Jacob Burke comes to bat. His stats are pretty dam impressive: .352ba, 11doubles, 9 homers, 51 rbi's and 1 error the entire season. The announcer says he's a soph transfer from SLU. A local kid from St. Francisville.
I wonder if we had fired fat face last year and hired Riser, if this kid would be in our lineup. Here is the kicker: His bio says his father graduated from Tulane.

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:29 pm Dannen had to be hired to bring us to D-3 no other explanation. He’s looking to bail and we are stuck with his remains.
Scary where we are now.
That’s an interesting theory when you consider that Dannen has been obsessed with rewriting the NCAA constitution—which will probably end up only applying to the lower classifications. As the P5 and some aspiring G5’s will likely tell the NCAA to pound sand at some point.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

Game 3 Final:
WSU 4
Wave 3

Tulane is swept by the Wichita State Shockers. Wave lays an "Amber Turd" in Kansas (Reference to Depp v. Heard case).
Last edited by Wave755 on Sun May 15, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TURVS71
Swell

Pitiful, embarrassing and unacceptable! Jewitt should have the balls to resign. Our baseball program has sunk to a pitiful low! Said it from the day he was hired! He was a long time assistant for a reason and NOT head coach material!! What a clusterf***
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Profoundwizard
Swell

TURVS71 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:08 pm Pitiful, embarrassing and unacceptable! Jewitt should have the balls to resign. Our baseball program has sunk to a pitiful low! Said it from the day he was hired! He was a long time assistant for a reason and NOT head coach material!! What a clusterf***
Your obsession with Graff in this regard is so fucking weird.
Graf didn’t hire him and can’t fire him
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We all agree it’s unacceptable and has been. Now we wait to see if TD takes care of it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Hopefully Dannen pulls the plug before the tournament like he did on Ed Conroy.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... aWu9aSN8zE

On keeping his job:
“That hasn’t been discussed and is up to people above me,” Jewett said. “We are just going to keep trucking, and I’m planning on being here.”

He also disputed any notion he had lost the team.

“I completely disagree with that,” he said. “This program is based off of relationship and spirits and energy. I don’t think anybody has given up on each other.”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

LSU got swept at home this weekend by a mediocre Miss team. Let’s hope Dannen hires someone better than LSU did. Paul Mainieri did a better job then the guy they have in there now Jay Johnson. .
Dave breslin
Swell

It may not have been discussed directly with him, but he can’t be that clueless to know that after 6/7 seasons not making the playoffs is like some guy who hasn’t taken a dump for six years and is not aware that there’s a problem.
Pepper
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:37 pm LSU got swept at home this weekend by a mediocre Miss team. Let’s hope Dannen hires someone better than LSU did. Paul Mainieri did a better job then the guy they have in there now Jay Johnson. .
A little bit early for Johnson. These aren't his players. He coaches a different style than what is on the roster. Losing Nolan Cain was huge for LSU.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:07 am
Show Me wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:37 pm LSU got swept at home this weekend by a mediocre Miss team. Let’s hope Dannen hires someone better than LSU did. Paul Mainieri did a better job then the guy they have in there now Jay Johnson. .
A little bit early for Johnson. These aren't his players. He coaches a different style than what is on the roster. Losing Nolan Cain was huge for LSU.
His style won’t win in the SEC. Not the same as the small ball PAC-12.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's not a small ball coach. Like Pepper said it's much too early to judge him there. I know we all want LSU to lose every game they play in all sports but realistically the guy has had success at a high level so he's likely to turn out to do well there unfortunately.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:07 am He's not a small ball coach. Like Pepper said it's much too early to judge him there. I know we all want LSU to lose every game they play in all sports but realistically the guy has had success at a high level so he's likely to turn out to do well there unfortunately.
I never said he was. I said the PAC-12 is.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:12 am
winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:07 am He's not a small ball coach. Like Pepper said it's much too early to judge him there. I know we all want LSU to lose every game they play in all sports but realistically the guy has had success at a high level so he's likely to turn out to do well there unfortunately.
Well it certainly implied it. So what is his style according to you?
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:24 am
Show Me wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:12 am
Well it certainly implied it. So what is his style according to you?
He did what he thought would work in the PAC-12 and definitely had success there. I just think the SEC is on another level. He won’t be able to bunt his way to the top.
He bunted a lot in the PAC-12. In fact they led the nation in bunting in 2016. My point is that stuff is fine in the PAC-12 but he has to change his approach to win in the SEC. I’ll go with what he says his philosophy is.
See this:
https://www.si.com/college/lsu/.amp/bas ... ay-johnson

I’ll say one thing for sure if he doesn’t have LSU IN Omaha in 2 -3 years he’ll be out of job.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That article doesn't support your belief that he's a small ball coach. He made that remark about a team that played 7 seasons ago. He was saying he did what he had to do with that team to help it be successful. He is well known to be a top notch hitting coach. LSU has 92 home runs and has 22 sacrifice bunts. There has not been one comment made on him being a small ball coach throughout this season.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:34 pm That article doesn't support your belief that he's a small ball coach. He made that remark about a team that played 7 seasons ago. He was saying he did what he had to do with that team to help it be successful. He is well known to be a top notch hitting coach. LSU has 92 home runs and has 22 sacrifice bunts. There has not been one comment made on him being a small ball coach throughout this season.
Reality check. He’s now in the SEC and LSU started the year ranked in the top 5 and now they are unranked in most. Whatever he’s doing isn’t working.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They have been beset by injuries from the outset. Literally lost one of their top hitters to a knee injury when he was injured by a teammate jumping on him right before the first game .They are going to a Regional and could still host one. You're being blinded by hate here. Pre-season polls are always fraught with error.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:07 pm They have been beset by injuries from the outset. Literally lost one of their top hitters to a knee injury when he was injured by a teammate jumping on him right before the first game .They are going to a Regional and could still host one. You're being blinded by hate here. Pre-season polls are always fraught with error.
I get that but I’m not impressed with what he’s done so far. Let’s see if he can accomplish what Mainieri did over the years. I’ve probably watched more LSU games this year then in a long time. I’ve not be impressed at all. They don’t looked like a well coached team at this stage. Swept at home by Ole Miss hasn’t happened In years if ever.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It hasn't been by their very high standards but no one is questioning him from their camp at this time. They know what he came into and they know the injury situation. He's going to get time to show what he can do there.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:07 pm They have been beset by injuries from the outset. Literally lost one of their top hitters to a knee injury when he was injured by a teammate jumping on him right before the first game .They are going to a Regional and could still host one. You're being blinded by hate here. Pre-season polls are always fraught with error.
Are you talking about Cade Beloso? He’s not that good. Was terrible last season
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Johnson is a good hitting coach. Beloso hit .313 in the shortened 2020 season. Johnson said he had clearly won the DH job.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

🤔👀 WSU one hits OU last night in 18-0 route.
https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/bas ... hita-state
The Shockers would not allow a single hit in this one all the way until there were two outs in the eighth inning, with OU left fielder Kendall Pettis doubling off the left field wall. That would finish as the Sooners' lone hit in the game.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981