AAC Championship Game Today

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

For some reason, I get the feeling Houston is going to spoil Cinci's party. It would be a fitting last game in the conference for the Bearcats to blow their chance to represent not only the AAC, but the entire G5 in the ESPN Invitational Tournament. Maybe I've been a Green Wave fan for too long, thinking that the G5 is about to get Tulane'd by Cincinnati.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I would like to see UH win, but for greed's sake, and "greed is good" according to Gordon Geko, Tulane needs a share of the BCS money, so they can extend and overpay their under performing coaching staffs
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Cincy Bearcats 35, Houston Coogs 20 - CHA-CHING!!! 💰💵💸💳
Last edited by Wave755 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Low Tide

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:39 am ...Tulane needs a share of the BCS money,
Ah yes the reminder of the first BCS when the nation got the first whiff of relegation of the 60+ teams not in the BCS. and We were undefeated.

The present system does put schools in a conflict of interest (COI), when it is in their better interest to lose and get CFP money, though I am not sure how that is divided amongst the AAC member schools, should a member , in this case Cincy, get into the CFP.

More chalk, Yawn, Ive seen this movie before., Pulling for The Maize and Blue and maybe the Dawgs. ("Run Lindsey, Run!") . I think i saw them play in the Sugar Bowl with Herschel.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
Wave755
Tsunami

Cincy makes the cut for CFP @ #4 over ND. :D https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ll-playoff
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:36 am Cincy makes the cut for CFP @ #4 over ND. :D https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ll-playoff
If ND had been selected over Cincy, we should have lit the torches and headed for ESPN headquarters.

And in an unrelated topic, even though Georgia lost, I think Georgia's TE Brock Bowers had one of the most impressive football games ever played. Absolutely unstoppable and the polar opposite of Tulane receivers... he has hands like flypaper.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Question, who's the better team, 2021 Cincinnati or 2017 UCF?

Also, did Cincinnati having already accepted an invite to the Big 12 give the committee an out, saying they're basically P5 anyway?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:59 pm Question, who's the better team, 2021 Cincinnati or 2017 UCF?

Also, did Cincinnati having already accepted an invite to the Big 12 give the committee an out, saying they're basically P5 anyway?
Who cares........
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Jaxwave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:59 pm Question, who's the better team, 2021 Cincinnati or 2017 UCF?

To answer your questions, I think UCF was better. They could score with anyone as they showed in beating Auburn in bowl game. Cincy easy to defend as we played them a good game.
No I don’t think committee took that approach. They tried everything they could to keep Cincy out, Big 12 be damned.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

"Nonetheless, it's us. And we're not carrying the flag for anybody but the UC Bearcats, our community, our campus, our university."

Bet their tune would have been different if they had NOT been selected by the Big 12.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson