Volleyball Post Season.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
alumniwave
Low Tide

After losing Heidelberg, the best defender in the league, and several other key injuries the team managed to win 18 games finishing 18-14.
That will get them an NIT invite I guess it will be announced on Sunday after the ncaa show.

The ESPN + production of the games was really good quality. The level of effort by this team was fun to watch. Much respect for powering through a month on the road due to the hurricane and playing through the injuries.

Green Wave
Swell

alumniwave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:54 am After losing Heidelberg, the best defender in the league, and several other key injuries the team managed to win 18 games finishing 18-14.
That will get them an NIT invite I guess it will be announced on Sunday after the ncaa show.

The ESPN + production of the games was really good quality. The level of effort by this team was fun to watch. Much respect for powering through a month on the road due to the hurricane and playing through the injuries.
I am not sure that the VB team has enough prestige given the overall record in the sport at this time to get them an invite given their overall record. I hope they do. I would love to see VB extend their season and will be watching the process tomorrow.

Good luck VB!

BTW: I was wondering if the moderators could merge this thread into the VB thread.
ROLL WAVE!
alumniwave
Low Tide

NIT Field just announced.
Power 5 teams: Arizona, Arkansas and Boston College in.
Tulane invited but apparently did not accept ??
alumniwave
Low Tide

Tulane would have made the NIT for the 3rd year in a row but apparently they turned it down.
Why would they do that?
Tulsa, who Tulane beat twice this season is in the tournament.
Tulane made the finals just couple years ago and got some great pub for it. Crazy they would turn it down. Several bigger schools are playing In it.
Disappointing
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

alumniwave wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:41 am Tulane would have made the NIT for the 3rd year in a row but apparently they turned it down.
Why would they do that?
Tulsa, who Tulane beat twice this season is in the tournament.
Tulane made the finals just couple years ago and got some great pub for it. Crazy they would turn it down. Several bigger schools are playing In it.
Disappointing
Only a guess but financial reasons I suppose.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They finished 6th in a weak conference. Highly doubt they were invited.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:09 am They finished 6th in a weak conference. Highly doubt they were invited.
Good point.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
alumniwave
Low Tide

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:09 am They finished 6th in a weak conference. Highly doubt they were invited.

Then how did Tulsa get in that was 7th?

Clueless.

The 18-14 record got them invited and their prior success in the tourney.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks. It's a shit tourney so maybe that's why they turned it down. That and the fact the team wasn't worthy. Tulane finished 133 in the NCAA power rankings. Tulsa finished 145. So for arguments sake say they made it. It's a joke. He's six years in and can't finish in the top half a weak conference.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
alumniwave
Low Tide

Dude conference finishes:
2018: 3rd. (NIVC finals)
2019: 2nd (2nd round)
2020: 2nd. (No tourney/Covid)

Such a hater.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I was talking about this season. Couldn't finish in the top half in a weak conference in year 6.