New Rumor

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Dave breslin
Swell

There’s been an announcement on the Vigilante email that the admissions policy has been resented .If they have “changed “ their minds, after making the announcement, than it’s proof that the stupidity is well entrenched by these “leaders”. It’s hard to reverse a castration

green4life
Low Tide

Well, I am sure it was immediately resented, It will be interesting to see it it has ben rescinded as well. It could be both by now. How efficient.

Anyway, kind of glad I'm not in that business at this moment. No easy way forward. Rough sledding all round. Roll Wave
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I resent it.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Jaxwave
Swell

I resemble it and my father.
wave97
Swell

I don't care. I don't care. I do not care.
I
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Appears to be true. Happy Thanksgiving!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:29 pm Appears to be true. Happy Thanksgiving!
Apparently it pays to complain, scream and make noise on social media. Praise the Lord!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:43 pm
Apparently it pays to complain, scream and make noise on social media. Praise the Lord!

:cheers:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

So they rescinded it but that doesn’t mean it necessarily won’t be put into effect. Hopefully somebody will be watching.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Yes indeed! 🙏🙏🙏
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Great news if true…and I am a member of the Vigilantes by email only…not an alum…those guys are at least waking up the dead in Gibson Hall.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Well done and applause to those who did something about it. Your voices matter
posse
High Tide

Maybe we need to continue to complain, scream, and make noise on social media about a lack of commitment for updating our athletic
Facilities, and increasing financial support to athletics…
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:23 pm Well done and applause to those who did something about it. Your voices matter
In the season ticket survey,
following the USF game, I hammered Gibson Hall and the lack of athletic support. I’m sure many others did as well—and kudos to all the ex-Tulane athletes who raised a ruckus. I told them no more academic support until athletics are supported—and embraced by Gibson Hall. It’s show down time
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Yes indeed! 🙏🙏🙏
I want to see Raji, in Admissions, walk the plank.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 pm So they rescinded it but that doesn’t mean it necessarily won’t be put into effect. Hopefully somebody will be watching.
True, Jax. Can we go back and get those five recruits that Raji racially discriminated against?
Citypark
Ripple

I have tried to keep everyone informed about the admissions office at Tulane. They are not only sports unfriendly but also strongly Louisiana unfriendly. If anyone doubts this, they should contact a high school college counselor in their neighborhood.

ONLY AT TULANE!!!
NolaChic
Ripple

Citypark wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 pm I have tried to keep everyone informed about the admissions office at Tulane. They are not only sports unfriendly but also strongly Louisiana unfriendly. If anyone doubts this, they should contact a high school college counselor in their neighborhood.

ONLY AT TULANE!!!
I agree!! How can you hate the city/state that you "live" and operate in??? If they don't think they need the local/state support to survive then they are headed off a dangerous cliff.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

posse wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Maybe we need to continue to complain, scream, and make noise on social media about a lack of commitment for updating our athletic
Facilities, and increasing financial support to athletics…
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:59 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Yes indeed! 🙏🙏🙏
I want to see Raji, in Admissions, walk the plank.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 pm So they rescinded it but that doesn’t mean it necessarily won’t be put into effect. Hopefully somebody will be watching.
The entire athletic department will be watching.
anEngineer
Riptide

NolaChic wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 pm
Citypark wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 pm I have tried to keep everyone informed about the admissions office at Tulane. They are not only sports unfriendly but also strongly Louisiana unfriendly. If anyone doubts this, they should contact a high school college counselor in their neighborhood.

ONLY AT TULANE!!!
I agree!! How can you hate the city/state that you "live" and operate in??? If they don't think they need the local/state support to survive then they are headed off a dangerous cliff.
Admissions claimed that the raised standards were for the school in general; athletics was not part of the discussion and not automatically affected. Did anyone see the actual original statement? I did not. Also, with regard to local admissions, Fitts announced last year about a program for higher acceptance of Louisiana residents to get more in. I don't know if that actually happened, but is it possible that Fitts has limited direct control over admissions and is fighting them?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NolaChic wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 pm

ONLY AT TULANE!!!
Absolutely true NolaChic. I’ve always felt that the lack of local/state support has been Tulane’s Achilles Heel. Tulane needs to quit trying to be something it never will be, and instead embrace its location, and surrounding culture, and become a unique and superb private southern university. Something that will likely never happen as long as they continue to avoid alums and locals for leadership positions, and keep bringing in “leaders” from afar.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

So an Admissions decision that Tulane didn't officially announce and whose consequences was publicly disregarded in an official response was then later unofficially rescinded.

What in the actual fuck, Tulane?

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:48 am So an Admissions decision that Tulane didn't officially announce and whose consequences was publicly disregarded in an official response was then later unofficially rescinded.

What in the actual fuck, Tulane?

Just another example of Tulane’s House of Mirrors. What little communications occur, are usual scrambled and confusing. But then it’s hard to keep deceit and obfuscation orderly and clear.