Tulane Kicks USF's Asses 45-14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:16 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:08 pm He was a walk-on. He got a scholarship two years ago.
But he's played like a walk-on for all of his years. His parents can afford the tuition, apparently, as his brother is following in his footsteps. Tulane has historically had tremendous kickers, a long line of them played in the NFL. Give a damn scholarship to a HS kicker that earns it and let him kick for 4 years here. Despite being the all-time leading scorer, the walk on cost us a few games over the years.

One thing about CJ is he knew how valuable Cairo Santos was. He wasn't afraid to trot him out and take the points, often from 50+ yards out. Way too often we went for it on 4th down when we should have thrown 3 up almost automatically.
Oh everyone agrees he's played like a walk-on despite being a scholarship player. We gave a scholarship this year to Esnard who I told you had accuracy issues in HS. He couldn't beat out not only Merek but other walk-ons too. We need to own that mistake and recruit a kicker in this class.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:58 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:16 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:08 pm He was a walk-on. He got a scholarship two years ago.
But he's played like a walk-on for all of his years. His parents can afford the tuition, apparently, as his brother is following in his footsteps. Tulane has historically had tremendous kickers, a long line of them played in the NFL. Give a damn scholarship to a HS kicker that earns it and let him kick for 4 years here. Despite being the all-time leading scorer, the walk on cost us a few games over the years.

One thing about CJ is he knew how valuable Cairo Santos was. He wasn't afraid to trot him out and take the points, often from 50+ yards out. Way too often we went for it on 4th down when we should have thrown 3 up almost automatically.
Oh everyone agrees he's played like a walk-on despite being a scholarship player. We gave a scholarship this year to Esnard who I told you had accuracy issues in HS. He couldn't beat out not only Merek but other walk-ons too. We need to own that mistake and recruit a kicker in this class.
Does Vandy’s “girl kicker” have a sister?💡🤷🏻‍♂️ :D
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Forever TU wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:23 pm
greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:22 pm Can't believe this guy is the all-time leading scorer in school history. What a bozo.
Delete this. There’s zero call for that. You have no idea what he might be going through. Keyboard idiot
And you know what he’s going through, I doubt it. He’s been a shankmeister for at least two years. You’re the keyboard idiot.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jaxwave
Swell

A buddy of mine and a few of his fellow USF alumni decided to meet in NO for the game yesterday. He texted me a picture of the empty stands and asked me if the Tulane fans forgot there was a game yesterday. I texted back that 1. That was not an atypical home crowd at Yulman., 2. Tulane fans are smart enough to avoid watching bad football and 3. Did the USF team forget there was a game yesterday?
By the way, I think he was asking a serious question but I couldn't resist.
Pepper
Swell

Glad the seniors went out with a win at home.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:48 am A buddy of mine and a few of his fellow USF alumni decided to meet in NO for the game yesterday. He texted me a picture of the empty stands and asked me if the Tulane fans forgot there was a game yesterday. I texted back that 1. That was not an atypical home crowd at Yulman., 2. Tulane fans are smart enough to avoid watching bad football and 3. Did the USF team forget there was a game yesterday?
Great response. My bro-in-law sent me a video of the empty seats—had to be the smallest Tulane crowd ever.
GreenLantern
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:32 am
Jaxwave wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:48 am A buddy of mine and a few of his fellow USF alumni decided to meet in NO for the game yesterday. He texted me a picture of the empty stands and asked me if the Tulane fans forgot there was a game yesterday. I texted back that 1. That was not an atypical home crowd at Yulman., 2. Tulane fans are smart enough to avoid watching bad football and 3. Did the USF team forget there was a game yesterday?
Great response. My bro-in-law sent me a video of the empty seats—had to be the smallest Tulane crowd ever.
When the seniors were introduced twenty minutes before kickoff, it didn't appear there were but a few hundred people in the stands...both sides. My wife didn't join me yesterday (she says there are limits to for better or for worse). Being alone, I stayed until the last second so as to savor every moment of a whopping one-sided win. When time expired and I prepared to leave, I was surprised to see that there were only about a half dozen people remaining in my area (section 208 of Westfeldt)

A lot of my friends tell me that I'm nuts for subjecting myself to the constant losing, and I suppose that I am. However. every game day, I still enjoy watching the band take the field and playing the fight song (I've noticed they no longer play the alma mater during pre-game.) It's still an emotional rush watching the football run out and for a few moments it feels good. Then a game breaks out with predictable results.

Many of you have told me that I'm part of the problem by attending games during a nightmarish season and you may be right. I would compare that to my neighbor asking me last year why I was planting peach trees in the back yard knowing that it would be unlikely that I would ever eat a single piece of fruit from them (I'm 74). I told him that all my life I had been eating peaches from trees that other people had planted and now I wanted to return the favor to someone else in the future. The sure fire way to end Tulane football is for all alums to stop attending games and supporting the program.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from Tampa
https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2 ... by-tulane/

takin no Bull Krap...give up 45 to Tulane and you are fired
https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2 ... n-spencer/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Yep. Lose to Tulane and your fired!
USF cans it’s DC immediately after the loss.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:38 am Yep. Lose to Tulane and your fired!
USF cans it’s DC immediately after the loss.
Exactly. Unlike Tulane’s House of Mirrors, this is how most of the real world operates—people are held accountable for their performance.
swampnik
Surge

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:05 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:32 am
When the seniors were introduced twenty minutes before kickoff, it didn't appear there were but a few hundred people in the stands...both sides. My wife didn't join me yesterday (she says there are limits to for better or for worse). Being alone, I stayed until the last second so as to savor every moment of a whopping one-sided win. When time expired and I prepared to leave, I was surprised to see that there were only about a half dozen people remaining in my area (section 208 of Westfeldt)

A lot of my friends tell me that I'm nuts for subjecting myself to the constant losing, and I suppose that I am. However. every game day, I still enjoy watching the band take the field and playing the fight song (I've noticed they no longer play the alma mater during pre-game.) It's still an emotional rush watching the football run out and for a few moments it feels good. Then a game breaks out with predictable results.

Many of you have told me that I'm part of the problem by attending games during a nightmarish season and you may be right. I would compare that to my neighbor asking me last year why I was planting peach trees in the back yard knowing that it would be unlikely that I would ever eat a single piece of fruit from them (I'm 74). I told him that all my life I had been eating peaches from trees that other people had planted and now I wanted to return the favor to someone else in the future. The sure fire way to end Tulane football is for all alums to stop attending games and supporting the program.

May the Saints preserve you Green Lantern!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)