It’s over

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:18 pm I’ve seen and heard this before. My only guess is more and more people are finding out what I already knew and are going public. What I need to see is the actual standards that are being raised. Until I see that it’s Tulane that I’ve always known. Kids that had minimum scores have been denied when coaches have told them they’ll be accepted. I think it always comes to light when tempers boil over and losses mount.
If true hopefully Guerry tells us what standards have been raised and what they were prior.
If it is something new I’m not one bit surprised because I know the stories of our admission dept.
Again everyone has seen and heard the stories of yesteryear before. What is being currently discussed is if they have in fact just in the recent few weeks notified athletics of raised GPA and test score standards going forward. As to the last 10 years no one has been able to provide that long list of stud football commits that were denied admission. Until then it's just total BS by those in fear of losing their big salaries.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
McWave
High Tide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:53 am I agree that the total athlete population is so small, why would this be a priority for admissions ? It wouldn’t move the needle for student body metrics.

We should push for some information and clarification. Lord knows we don’t need this right now.

I thought that’s what University College was used for back in the day. Admission for lower standard without effecting Tulane academic standards/rankings. Is UC no longer in existence? When TUs rankings are higher than Boston College, Vanderbilt, etc. this might make sense. But not where they are now. is this Fitts’s excuse and remedy for stagnant ranking. Stuck over 40 for years now.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:31 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:18 pm I’ve seen and heard this before. My only guess is more and more people are finding out what I already knew and are going public. What I need to see is the actual standards that are being raised. Until I see that it’s Tulane that I’ve always known. Kids that had minimum scores have been denied when coaches have told them they’ll be accepted. I think it always comes to light when tempers boil over and losses mount.
If true hopefully Guerry tells us what standards have been raised and what they were prior.
If it is something new I’m not one bit surprised because I know the stories of our admission dept.
Again everyone has seen and heard the stories of yesteryear before. What is being currently discussed is if they have in fact just in the recent few weeks notified athletics of raised GPA and test score standards going forward. As to the last 10 years no one has been able to provide that long list of stud football commits that were denied admission. Until then it's just total BS by those in fear of losing their big salaries.
Pierce was successful and told us that. He bailed out while he could. If WF telling you now then it’s before any standards have been changed. I’ll believe the coaches when they all say the same thing. Tulane is not on an equal playing field now. If it gets worse it won’t surprise me. That’s all.
If you still think we are now then we’ll just have to disagree. Any changes will just reflect what’s been going on behind the scenes anyway for awhile.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

So again no long list of commits that admissions denied. Changes were made 10 years ago as far as being able to accept athletes at NCAA minimums and athlete friendly majors were created. Just look at our roster and you'll see those courses listed as the majors of many. Have some been denied yes but no one knows the reasons which could be character issues. Also no one said we were on complete level footing but we were in a much better situation than we'd been in 70 years and we aren't in an SEC conference. As to Pierce his issue was with baseball financials. What's now possibly happening is a reversal of the changes of 10 years ago which when combined with the lack of facilities is a death knell . The bottom line is IF this is true it eliminates completely a pool of players that we have been able to get for the last 10 years which is much different than a few from that pool being denied admission during that period.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

Now we know what the local coaches already knew.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Wave755
Tsunami

NotJtS wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:46 am
winwave wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:06 amJust because a coach or administrator says something doesn't mean it's true.
Just because you say something doesn't mean it's true. You're a typical lawyer.
Please note my objection to the above statement of NotJts!!!
👨‍⚖️
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just ask our past and current coaches and they can rattle off a list of players right off the top of their heads that were denied for whatever reason Tulane admissions deemed. Just a lot of obstacles to overcome that our peers don’t have to deal with. Higher standards just going to cement the issue.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No one running with that has been able to be produce the list. The important thing is that IF the changes in admissions standards is true this is much different as it eliminates them 100% rather than a few denials over the last 10 years .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:52 pm No one running with that has been able to be produce the list. The important thing is that IF the changes in admissions standards is true this is much different as it eliminates them 100% rather than a few denials over the last 10 years .
I know but they are not allowed to comment on grades/admissions with the media or in public. It’s a privacy thing so you’ll never see names. And on the decommits you can never really know for sure unless you are privy to the player or coach.
I agree with the text that any changes will result in making recruiting that much more difficult. We are going to end up with the worst Athletic dept in the State of Louisiana if they raise ACT and other requirements. Just so sad.
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

I say we change the name of the forum to :
Winwave.net.

He posts about EVERYTHING. (Has the highest daily number of posts.) He seems to know everything and evidently has to time to POST and KNOW everything . Jesus man, you DON”T know everything !
Stop it. To repeat, IF IT WAS UP TO ME, YOU WOULD BE HISTORY! Not for what you say but for your pompous and condescending attitude!

PS: I am sure I will get a personal insult for this comment!! That is all!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
TURVS71
Swell

Tulane KNOWS they can do this BECAUSE many of the ex-players do. not get involved in the program on a financial basis. They play football, get all the perks, get their degrees and disappear! I don’t care who gets offended by this but it is the case. As long as the resistance to this lacks force and unity, it’s a hopeless cause. And I don’t want to hear that “well, they move out of state, blah blah blah.!” So do players form every other school and Tulane knows this. Internet and social media makes this a weak argument. We do have many successful athletes/graduates to forget the opportunities they received and I would bet that very few give back. So if there is no resistance the “takeover” is that much easier. Those that benefited from a Tulane degree should look at themselves in the mirror. Hell, I never attended Tulane but I would bet that I give more $ and time than many ex athletes!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:15 pm I say we change the name of the forum to :
Winwave.net.

He posts about EVERYTHING. (Has the highest daily number of posts.) He seems to know everything and evidently has to time to POST and KNOW everything . Jesus man, you DON”T know everything !
Stop it. To repeat, IF IT WAS UP TO ME, YOU WOULD BE HISTORY! Not for what you say but for your pompous and condescending attitude!

So you come and insult but then whine you’ll be insulted back. Typical.
TURVS71
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:27 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:15 pm I say we change the name of the forum to :
Winwave.net.

Your are a “plethra” of information! The CNN of this board!!

In my best James Earl Jones voice:
“This…….is GOTULA.NET”
wave97
Swell

D-3 baby, here we come!
I am excited because it's where we belong.
Nobody, and I mean nobody gives a hoot about Tulane Football & Men's Baketball.
For how much longer will we urinate into a fan?
It's over boys.
TURVS71
Swell

So, where is Dannen? Where are all the athletes that benefited from their time at Tulane. Several are expressing their displeasure on Twitter. Have YOU been contributing or endowing a scholarship?

Well, Ryan Griffin, John Legue, Stephen Alamais , Stephon Huderson, Nico Marley and the rest ?????
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:29 pm
Winwave.net.

“This…….is GOTULA.NET”
Yes it is. I am just one of many prolific posters here.I won’t apologize for my love of Tulane athletics. Stop spamming the board with your hate. Also stay away from the improper bannings like last week. If you dish it out you need to be able to take it. Thank God for Steve. Steve.
TURVS71
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:48 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:29 pm

“This…….is GOTULA.NET”
Yes it is. I am just one of many prolific posters here.I won’t apologize for my love of Tulane athletics. Stop spamming the board with your hate. Also stay away from the improper bannings like last week. If you dish it out you need to be able to take it. Thank God for Steve. Steve.
Hey Mr Asshole know it all . My son’s name is STEPHEN and you post here because it is a privilege not a right…so tread lightly
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Way to show your ass to everyone so they can see what I’ve always known.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ryan Griffin has gone on Twitter and says he has talked to the athletic department and they confirmed the changes have been made.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:00 pm Ryan Griffin has gone on Twitter and says he has talked to the athletic department and they confirmed the changes have been made.
It’s over.
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:57 pm Way to show your ass to everyone so they can see what I’ve always known.
Just telling you asshole of his CORRECT name !!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It’s true. Sad thing is that the people in charge now doing this damage will all be gone over time and we’ll be stuck with the mess if we’re still alive and supporting.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:17 pm It’s true. Sad thing is that the people in charge now doing this damage will all be gone over time and we’ll be stuck with the mess if we’re still alive and supporting.
Very sad but very true. Even worse when they move on they’ll be proud of tearing athletics down and use it to get hired at better academic institutions.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:34 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:17 pm It’s true. Sad thing is that the people in charge now doing this damage will all be gone over time and we’ll be stuck with the mess if we’re still alive and supporting.
Very sad but very true. Even worse when they move on they’ll be proud of tearing athletics down and use it to get hired at better academic institutions.
No question
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

Thank you, Steve for creating & maintaining this site.