UCF Beats Tulane 14-10

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
51WaveBG
High Tide

The TU coaches are the poorest game /sideline managers in college football. The stand around looking stupid and rarely are truly into the game they are coaching. Watch Kirby Smart @ UGa sometimes. He is really into the game for all 60 minutes and he never stops coaching for the full 60 minutes. STAND AROUND, LOOKING STUPID AND LOST AND YOU CAN BE HIRED AS A TULANE COACH OR ASSISTANT COACH. Boy, the TU coaches REALLY STINK.!!!!!

Jaxwave
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:21 pm Tulane 2021 ; Tennessee 2020 . Commonality : Chip Long .
Long was an analyst at Tennessee not on the coaching staff, so can't be blamed for 2020. IMHO, can't blame him for this offense. Except for the RBs and Pratt when healthy, he's got nothing in the way of talent on this offense.
Bigschtick
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:33 pm
Bigschtick wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:51 pm Worse football I have ever witnessed. I have seen HS football teams that could beat Tulane. The coaches suck, all of them. And like Houston said, we have an AD missing in action and a President that knows crap about college athletics and could care less!
Just as disgusted as you but don’t make a moronic state about a high school beating Tulane…

You got one nerve calling anyone's statement moronic! Have you ever seen, in person, the top HS teams in the nation in Ca. like Mater Dei, Oaks Christian, St Bonaventure ,St John's Bosco? Probably not . Schools that produced Matt Corrall? Your the biggest kvetcher on this site! Whining about the AD not being nice, or how Fitts didn't respond to your "Go Wave" the way you wanted!
Last edited by Bigschtick on Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:34 pm Guys, it’s not Long. This OL is terrible, his WRs are terrible, his TEs whiff on blocks. All he’s got is 2 good RBs and a good QB when not injured. I just can’t get over Pratt getting hurt late in 3rd quarter down 61-22 against Ole Miss. That decision killed the whole season.
Right jax. i have been saying that all along. Unfortunately 99.9 % of fans only see the QB play. The line is beyond bad and what's worse is as bad as Dublin and Claybrook have been this season we have no one who can beat them out. NO ONE COULD QB SUCCESSFULLY BEHIND THIS LINE.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:03 am
Jaxwave wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:34 pm Guys, it’s not Long. This OL is terrible, his WRs are terrible, his TEs whiff on blocks. All he’s got is 2 good RBs and a good QB when not injured. I just can’t get over Pratt getting hurt late in 3rd quarter down 61-22 against Ole Miss. That decision killed the whole season.
Right jax. i have been saying that all along. Unfortunately 99.9 % of fans only see the QB play. The line is beyond bad and what's worse is as bad as Dublin and Claybrook have been this season we have no one who can beat them out. NO ONE COULD QB SUCCESSFULLY BEHIND THIS LINE.
for being such "smart" students, they sure make many unforced, stupid mistakes..
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Lutzow46
Ripple

Missed the game because I was at the TCU - Baylor game in Fort Worth. What a nice crowd that was really into it School is about the size of Tulame. TCU pulled an upset on the #12 team. Fans and students rushed the field after time expired. Now why can't Tulame do that? TCU won with a new QB who passed for 461 yards. TCU coach for 20 years quit before the game. He was dissatisfied. Motivation? Players were smaller than Baylor's. So why? Because it is an old rivalry. Tulame has no one to hate. Fritz should quit at the end of the season. For me, it is sayonara Tulane.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Lutzow46 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:50 pm Missed the game because I was at the TCU - Baylor game in Fort Worth. What a nice crowd that was really into it School is about the size of Tulame. TCU pulled an upset on the #12 team. Fans and students rushed the field after time expired. Now why can't Tulame do that? TCU won with a new QB who passed for 461 yards. TCU coach for 20 years quit before the game. He was dissatisfied. Motivation? Players were smaller than Baylor's. So why? Because it is an old rivalry. Tulame has no one to hate. Fritz should quit at the end of the season. For me, it is sayonara Tulane.
The TCU coach did not "quit" he was FIRED....."Players" are only as big, or little in the game program listings, as the Coach wants them to be. There was a nice crowd, but not a sell out, especially disappointing, as U point out, "an old rivalry" with a school located only 86 miles down I-35... TCU bill's itself as Ft Worth's school, and has a great deal of civic support, sumthin' Tulane does not have..
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

The abutting home owners on Audubon Blvd have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of stadium expansion.
I am happy for them.
Sleep well, Audubon Blvd residents.
Sleep well.
Last edited by wave97 on Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:36 am The abutting home owners on Audubon Blvd have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of stadium expansion.
I am happy for them.
Sleep well, Audubon Blvd residents.
ya got da' "butt" rite.....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Lutzow46
Ripple

I was at the TCU - Baylor game. TCU's players WERE smaller, but played with heart, protected their QB, and were faster. They played without their 5-star running back, Evans. New QB was another transfer from OU, Passed for 461 yards and rushed for over 60. Pratt could do that if he had a decent line. I think TCU made a mistake in letting Patterson go. He said that his players did not have the hatred they needed to win rivalries. And that is a problem at Tulane. No rivalry. So nothing for the fans to get excited about. Sad.