The New AAC

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Its over.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Unfortunately it is.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

WTF is the point?
Get ahead of the curve for once Tulane.
Drop football.
Jaxwave
Swell

It’s been over for years.
greenie78
Riptide

This conference will be worse than the Sun Belt. Basically ULOL will be in a higher conference than Tulane.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:17 pm This conference will be worse than the Sun Belt. Basically ULOL will be in a higher conference than Tulane.
But our prez says he’s excited about our conference for years to come.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:42 pm
greenie78 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:17 pm This conference will be worse than the Sun Belt. Basically ULOL will be in a higher conference than Tulane.
But our prez says he’s excited about our conference for years to come.
These turds probably have new jobs lined up. They don’t care.
msdos
Swell

Is it too late to hop in with the Sun belt?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

msdos wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:28 pm Is it too late to hop in with the Sun belt?
Too good for us. We aren't good enough for anyone. They all see the lack of commitment.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 nobody going to pay to stream or watch in person those matchups. Just look at that crap. Amazing how far we’ve fallen from the SEC years.
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

SMU ,Memphis , ECU and Temple and south Florida will be elsewhere by 2023. Sunbelt , MAC, whoever will take em.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 am SMU ,Memphis , ECU and Temple and south Florida will be elsewhere by 2023. Sunbelt , MAC, whoever will take em.
At least Memphis and SMU for sure.
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Someone explain to me how urban commuter schools with no national profile became football powers. Memphis, Cinci, Houston, Louisville for a time. I'd think those would be the last places to have those kind of resources. I'll give you Houston and Fertitta.
msdos
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:45 am 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 nobody going to pay to stream or watch in person those matchups. Just look at that crap. Amazing how far we’ve fallen from the SEC years.
The G5 is all garbage now. At least with the Sun Belt we'd get some of the locals with USM joining. Starting local rivals is really our only shot at interest at this point
galvezwave
Swell

MicMan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:15 am Someone explain to me how urban commuter schools with no national profile became football powers. Memphis, Cinci, Houston, Louisville for a time. I'd think those would be the last places to have those kind of resources. I'll give you Houston and Fertitta.
Admissions
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Laughingstock of the country.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

We are lucky we have not been kicked out of the AAC and if we were, neither the SunBelt nor Conference USA would want us except maybe as a total bottom feeder or a visit to New Orleans. All the excitement, optimism, hope for a successful football program is kaput. Fritz is a failure, Dannen is a failure and Fitts is a nerd who could care less and knows little about athletic programs. The lights are on but nobody looks to have the interest or power to make the changes. Watch as the recruits drop off and lots of kids go portal. What a mess to be in for all those fans who really cared.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:17 pm We are lucky we have not been kicked out of the AAC and if we were, neither the SunBelt nor Conference USA would want us except maybe as a total bottom feeder or a visit to New Orleans. All the excitement, optimism, hope for a successful football program is kaput. Fritz is a failure, Dannen is a failure and Fitts is a nerd who could care less and knows little about athletic programs. The lights are on but nobody looks to have the interest or power to make the changes. Watch as the recruits drop off and lots of kids go portal. What a mess to be in for all those fans who really cared.
Tulane board to blame. They hire these losers.
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

MicMan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:15 am Someone explain to me how urban commuter schools with no national profile became football powers. Memphis, Cinci, Houston, Louisville for a time. I'd think those would be the last places to have those kind of resources. I'll give you Houston and Fertitta.
Louisville had the Papa John's guy and Memphis has the FedEx guy. I got nothing on Cincy.
God Bless Everyone!
Wave QB
Swell

msdos wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:33 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:45 am 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 nobody going to pay to stream or watch in person those matchups. Just look at that crap. Amazing how far we’ve fallen from the SEC years.
The G5 is all garbage now. At least with the Sun Belt we'd get some of the locals with USM joining. Starting local rivals is really our only shot at interest at this point
I agree.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I compared some TV ratings, AAC vs Big12... I have deleted DFW and Houston, even tho both still have schools in the market, but without UT and OU in the Big 12 league, those numbers would be debatable. The highest TV market the big 12 will have with their new members is Orlando at 18, second is Cincy 37.... I used KCMO #32.. since mahnatten and Lawerence Ks were not rated...OKC was used for OK State, stillwater not rated...their two lowest were Lubbock #142 and Waco #82

The highest rated AAC is Tampa #12, second FAU #16 ..third is UNCC #21...the two worse are Memphis #51 and Tulsa #58....just an FYI..San Antonio is #31 and NOLA #50......
The overall rankings actually favor the AAC...and Tulane football is still terrible
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:26 am I compared some TV ratings, AAC vs Big12... I have deleted DFW and Houston, even tho both still have schools in the market, but without UT and OU in the Big 12 league, those numbers would be debatable. The highest TV market the big 12 will have with their new members is Orlando at 18, second is Cincy 37.... I used KCMO #32.. since mahnatten and Lawerence Ks were not rated...OKC was used for OK State, stillwater not rated...their two lowest were Lubbock #142 and Waco #82

The highest rated AAC is Tampa #12, second FAU #16 ..third is UNCC #21...the two worse are Memphis #51 and Tulsa #58....just an FYI..San Antonio is #31 and NOLA #50......
The overall rankings actually favor the AAC...and Tulane football is still terrible
Exactly. I still think the Big 12 will take it in the rear when their current TV contract runs out.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

The per team Big 12 TV contract without TX and OK will be closer to the AAC than the old Big 12.