Cincy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Will be at 11 on ESPN2.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:44 pm Will be at 11 on ESPN2.
Amen. Now at least I can enjoy my Halloween weekend evening. :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

How embarrassing to have this game at 11am.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:18 pm How embarrassing to have this game at 11am.
Actually might save us from people watching a potential embarrassment. I don’t see a good outcome here.
Prior to the Ole Miss game I would had felt the same. But at this point it’s better this way.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Was looking forward to a sat night game. But probably better to get our asses kicked and then have the rest of the day to do something enjoyable.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the only issue with the 11am KO... many more hours U have to see the score, scroll across the screen and be reminded of how krappy Tulane is
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Tulane1111
High Tide

Hopefully Pratt is ok, but maybe rest him for this game. Put Daniels in at qb with Spears, Carroll and the DE who has some FB experience and run some option. Burns clock and offers a new look for a few series.
greenie78
Riptide

We should forfeit the game and blame it on COVID.
Bigschtick
Riptide

greenie78 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:58 pm We should forfeit the game and blame it on COVID.
Exactly, time to use what is a great excuse! We don't need to get beat up and there is little likelihood that this will be another Oklahoma performance. Fritz better not use Pratt!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well for those of us going the weather should be really nice. At least there's that.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
51WaveBG
High Tide

This game will be over by the middle of the 1st quarter. Cincy scores the first 2 times they have the ball, while the TU defense runs around looking lost and stupid, as usual. :lol: :lol: :lol:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pratt still in the concussion protocol:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 93c0d.html
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Gbgreenie- this is the chance & scenario you’ve been hoping for and predicting. Kai Horton comes in and either beats Cinci or puts up big numbers and grabs the reigns. Everyone one of us will happily eat our hats.

Of course in one of the old threads we said if Kai Horton starts for us or supplants Pratt it’s because he’s hurt or we turned into a dumpster fire. Unfortunately it’s turned out to be both.
NotJtS
Low Tide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:04 pm Gbgreenie- this is the chance & scenario you’ve been hoping for and predicting. Kai Horton comes in and either beats Cinci or puts up big numbers and grabs the reigns. Everyone one of us will happily eat our hats.

Of course in one of the old threads we said if Kai Horton starts for us or supplants Pratt it’s because he’s hurt or we turned into a dumpster fire. Unfortunately it’s turned out to be both.
gbg has been mysteriously quiet here all week, too busy jerking it to Horton starting this week.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Fritz got his head were the sun don't shine if he thinks of starting Pratt. Let the kid rest! No sense letting him start against a strong team like Cincy after that illegal hit which did not seem to inspire any anger or get anyone on the team fired up which really speaks volumes about this team!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NotJtS wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:09 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:04 pm Gbgreenie- this is the chance & scenario you’ve been hoping for and predicting. Kai Horton comes in and either beats Cinci or puts up big numbers and grabs the reigns. Everyone one of us will happily eat our hats.

gbg has been mysteriously quiet here all week, too busy jerking it to Horton starting this week.
He hasn't posted since Friday eveening. I get concerned when someone here disappears like that at a time you most expect them to be posting. I hope all is well with him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:21 pm No mask NOLA same for us I guess
https://www.nola.com/news/article_71aa6 ... 67f65.html
Yep. If that article is complete as far as the current city rules we'll have to show proof of vaccination /or a negative test which now include the antigen test that give quick results but won't need to mask up.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:04 pm How things have changed:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 4f498.html
What a stark contrast in just four years. Just shows what better recruiting and better coaching can do. Taking a 2 star QB and developing him—just as they take unorthodox lineman and turn them into studs. But I didn’t read that Fickle has his son leading Cincy’s recruiting efforts. And the final coup de grace, their AD probably isn’t spending 70% of his time down in the NCAA bilge bailing water.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:50 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:04 pm How things have changed:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 4f498.html
What a stark contrast in just four years. Just shows what better recruiting and better coaching can do. Taking a 2 star QB and developing him—just as they take unorthodox lineman and turn them into studs. But I didn’t read that Fickle has his son leading Cincy’s recruiting efforts. And the final coup de grace, their AD probably isn’t spending 70% of his time down in the NCAA bilge bailing water.
80% Houston, 80%. Only at Tulane.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NotJtS
Low Tide

winwave wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:10 pm
NotJtS wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:09 pm

He hasn't posted since Friday eveening. I get concerned when someone here disappears like that at a time you most expect them to be posting. I hope all is well with him.
Oh, don't worry. He's been super active on the Tulane Football Alliance Facebook group posting his god awful drivel.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In that case better them than us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE