Tulane Basketball 2021-2022 Preseason Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Looks like another exciting year on the hardwood. 🤪
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
dpm wave
Swell

So, on the Tulane schedule site, they are making the claim that the men's team will be participating in the annual prestigious "King of The Keys" basketball tournament in Atlantis/Bahamas

Well, that's a lie.
https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a
The teams playing for this year's title are:
Arizona State, Auburn, Loyola Chicago, Michigan State, Syracuse, Connecticut, Virginia Commonwealth, and Baylor.

Tulane actually is playing in the inagnural "Baha Mar Good Hoops Championship."

https://crescentcitysports.com/tulane-m ... mpionship/

The rest of the field consists of: Toledo, Charlotte, Drexel, Abilene Christian, Jacksonville State, Coastal Carolina and Valparaiso.

Quite a Huge difference
Why lie about it??
Did they think nobody would notice?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

dpm wave wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 pm So, on the Tulane schedule site, they are making the claim that the men's team will be participating in the annual prestigious "King of The Keys" basketball tournament in Atlantis/Bahamas

Well, that's a lie.
https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a
The teams playing for this year's title are:
Arizona State, Auburn, Loyola Chicago, Michigan State, Syracuse, Connecticut, Virginia Commonwealth, and Baylor.

Tulane actually is playing in the inagnural "Baha Mar Good Hoops Championship."

https://crescentcitysports.com/tulane-m ... mpionship/

The rest of the field consists of: Toledo, Charlotte, Drexel, Abilene Christian, Jacksonville State, Coastal Carolina and Valparaiso.

Quite a Huge difference
Why lie about it??
Did they think nobody would notice?
The Tulane Athletic Dept. is just incompetent—they don’t know what they’re doing—evidently including what tournaments they’ll be playing in. The end result of a “no accountability” culture.
swampnik
Surge

I do share Hunter's enthusiasm for this year with the nucleus of Cook, Forbes and James. We also have two newcomers who can shot the rock in all three categories: Spencer (LaSalle), and Baker (UNC -Ash). We have three players 6 ft. 8 or taller. Our defense should be sturdy as always; only question mark will be rebounding.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bigschtick
Riptide

swampnik wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:44 am I do share Hunter's enthusiasm for this year with the nucleus of Cook, Forbes and James. We also have two newcomers who can shot the rock in all three categories: Spencer (LaSalle), and Baker (UNC -Ash). We have three players 6 ft. 8 or taller. Our defense should be sturdy as always; only question mark will be rebounding.
Lets hope we are a decent team with a modicum of success since football turns out to be an unmitigated disaster !
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

being raked 165, tells ya all ya need to know
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

swampnik wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:44 am I do share Hunter's enthusiasm for this year with the nucleus of Cook, Forbes and James. We also have two newcomers who can shot the rock in all three categories: Spencer (LaSalle), and Baker (UNC -Ash). We have three players 6 ft. 8 or taller. Our defense should be sturdy as always; only question mark will be rebounding.
Rebounding has always been a question mark with Hunter. He has been accused of coaching to take one shot and get back on defense. When he first got here with no talent, that seemed to be the case. Last year, they seemed to get much more aggressive with rebounding as they got better. I expect to see a huge improvement this year. If we can't win with Hunter, we can't win at all.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Absolutely ridiculous to say if we can't win with Hunter we can't win at all. There is nothing in his resume to say he walks on water. Like Willie he had some success at lower levels. I hope he starts turning things around this season . If he doesn't succeed here like Willie he'll just be another example of the Peter Principle.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hurricane Relief exhibition game:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 8954b.html

Good opportunity to get a view of the team and support a good cause.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave
Tsunami

I hope the optimism is based on some reality. After this football season’s implosion—I’ll believe it when I see it. Hopefully we’ll see more from Hunter than just a bunch of one-liners.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:31 am I hope the optimism is based on some reality. After this football season’s implosion—I’ll believe it when I see it. Hopefully we’ll see more from Hunter than just a bunch of one-liners.
Unless I see some one liners from Tulane regarding "athletic" facility upgrades and new building projects, and the firing of some (in name only) Coaches.. I will give them a one liner when they contact me.."NO'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:54 am
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:31 am I hope the optimism is based on some reality. After this football season’s implosion—I’ll believe it when I see it. Hopefully we’ll see more from Hunter than just a bunch of one-liners.
Unless I see some one liners from Tulane regarding "athletic" facility upgrades and new building projects, and the firing of some (in name only) Coaches.. I will give them a one liner when they contact me.."NO'
golf, if anyone from Tulane athletics contacts me (which there is no reason to believe they will), I won't give them a one-liner, I'll give them a one-finger.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:14 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:54 am
golf, if anyone from Tulane athletics contacts me (which there is no reason to believe they will), I won't give them a one-liner, I'll give them a one-finger.
one finger for being number 1 @ being number 2
swampnik
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:23 am
Loose fun conversation and feel good vibe given off here with Hunter and team, hopefully will be indicative of loose winning play on court all jiving together.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:37 am
Loose fun conversation and feel good vibe given off here with Hunter and team, hopefully will be indicative of loose winning play on court all jiving together.
Per your request
swampnik
Surge

Coach Hunter's bright light and enthusiams for BB has me pumped again for end of year FB. If Navy could almost get it done against he Bearcats......... could we win 4 of the last 5 and sneak in a bowl at 5-7?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
swampnik
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:47 am
swampnik wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:37 am
Per your request
Ah, come on now! lol
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
hullabaloo
Ripple

Wave roll 92-61 over the Warhawks of Monroe. Forbes with 24 points and 5 threes, Cross went 20 pts (9-10 fg, 2-2 3pt), and 7 assists to only 1 turnover. Jalen Cook with 12 points and 9 assists. Sion James, Tylan Pope, De'von Baker all chipped in.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Going forward and with the unmitigated disaster that is Tulane football, I will start every season with : "I'll believe it when I see it". No more of that preseason bullsh=t optimism we get sucked into every year. And they better get their act together with this new league or they will be bottom dwellers yearly.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Show Me
Tsunami

ULM won 7 basketball games the entire year last season in a bad league.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:39 pm ULM won 7 basketball games the entire year last season in a bad league.
So you’re saying we haven’t been tested yet? 😂😂