Ad calling for action

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
1989alum
Low Tide

The school is doing damn well. The endowment went from $1.5 billion to $1.9 billion.

1989alum
Low Tide

And Kim Holden is hot!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

1989alum wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:51 am The school is doing damn well. The endowment went from $1.5 billion to $1.9 billion.
Depends on who you comparing it to. It was pointed out that we have been passed by SMU and TCU. I’d bet had we invested in Athletics to the point that we were consistently ranked we’d do much better with donors.
At least with Athletic donors. People more likely to give to winners and be associated with that success.
Years and years of losing has no doubt hurt potential athletic donations.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

The guy who sez he knows all about Tulane but can't spell Cowen.

LOL
TURVS71
Swell

I’m not for any “ad or letter”
anymore. I WAS a big proponent of this many years ago but now it is a futile exercise. I heard Dannen will block tweets and people if he disagrees. So, never thought I’d say this, what’s the point. Sad but true.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:13 am Drop this BS about Dannen, he is working on the NCAA Constitutional Committee with permission from Fitts. He said it would take up most of his time. They will come out with a rough Draft sometime in November. It is totally irresponsible for you ninnies to constantly knock the man when he currently is very busy with the NCAA Committee. To say he is missing in action is being a+++holes!!!

The Constitution Committee will hold its introductory meeting this week(This is a month old) and submit a working draft of its proposals for membership feedback in November before a special constitutional convention begins no later than Nov. 15. The ultimate proposals will be given to the NCAA board of governors by Dec. 15, with the full membership voting on it in January at the NCAA convention.

What will be required to get to that point remains to be determined.
“I really don’t know yet other than I know it’s going to be a massive time and energy commitment,” Dannen said. “But we have a veteran (administrative) staff, a veteran coach staff and I feel pretty good about how we’re going to function during that time period.”
This latest responsibility will expand Dannen’s influence in the NCAA. He already is the chair of the NCAA football competition committee and is a member of the NCAA football oversight committee.

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/operat ... -committee
Hey, gbg: :cens_green:

Dannen's PAYING JOB is AD at Tulane University. Forgive us if we don't give a flying fuck about his volunteer positions that he admits are taking up a lot of his time ON OUR DOLLAR. Our Athletics Department is swirling around the toilet bowl about to be flushed by forces outside of Tulane and the NCAA. We want him ON THE JOB. Maybe you'd like it if Tulane Athletics gets as much attention as, say, Senior Olympics.

So get off your high horse or enable the final flush to take place, but don't call us names for giving a damn about the future of Tulane Athletics. Or, more directly STFU.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 am Hey dude I know more about Tulane on my pinky finger than you will ever know, I go back to the Bobby Duhon years. While I am frustrated with the University at times I have gotten more pissed off at the arrogant wanabe fans. I was on TV as Cowan was meeting to drop the program with Fox 8 Kim Holden!!! Fans have been as destructive to the University as the past Administrations, to publicly showcase your dirty laundry at every little moment is self destructive to say the least. Work things in house but to showcase all the negatives showing recruits and families everything bad about Tulane with none of the good. Social media is the wrong place to air all you negatives because social media can be a blessing or a hell for a University. Every coach, every recruit says why in the hell would I go there. You handicap coaches and administration with sometimes BS, like Dannen is missing in action when in fact he is giving positive exposure to the University on an important NCAA Committee. Contacts made will definately help Tulane moving forward if he stays. He is giving the University a voice at the table of the future of the NCAA. And neither he or any of us had any idea about the way our football team would start the year. He trusted that Coach Fritz and others in the Athletic Dept. could handle the affairs. You can bet he is not feeling good with a full plate trying to handle the committee affairs and what is happening at the University. When he can catch a breath there will be changes.
1. It's Cowen with an "e"

2. You're an idiot.

3. You're part of the problem.

4. Take that shit to the YOGGIE board.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:00 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 am Hey dude I know more about Tulane on my pinky finger than you will ever know, I go back to the Bobby Duhon years. While I am frustrated with the University at times I have gotten more pissed off at the arrogant wanabe fans. I was on TV as Cowan was meeting to drop the program with Fox 8 Kim Holden!!! Fans have been as destructive to the University as the past Administrations, to publicly showcase your dirty laundry at every little moment is self destructive to say the least. Work things in house but to showcase all the negatives showing recruits and families everything bad about Tulane with none of the good. Social media is the wrong place to air all you negatives because social media can be a blessing or a hell for a University. Every coach, every recruit says why in the hell would I go there. You handicap coaches and administration with sometimes BS, like Dannen is missing in action when in fact he is giving positive exposure to the University on an important NCAA Committee. Contacts made will definately help Tulane moving forward if he stays. He is giving the University a voice at the table of the future of the NCAA. And neither he or any of us had any idea about the way our football team would start the year. He trusted that Coach Fritz and others in the Athletic Dept. could handle the affairs. You can bet he is not feeling good with a full plate trying to handle the committee affairs and what is happening at the University. When he can catch a breath there will be changes.
1. It's Cowen with an "e"

2. You're an idiot.

3. You're part of the problem.

4. Take that shit to the YOGGIE board.
Very well stated Steve! +1,000,000.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

1989alum wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:51 am The school is doing damn well. The endowment went from $1.5 billion to $1.9 billion.
While the DJIA went from 15,000 to 34,000. Just saying, endowment growth has lagged considerably. Keep in mind we only have to go back to 1990 for the DJIA to be 2500. Has our endowment grown at a rate equal to half of the stock market? Has it been even 10%? It's been pathetic growth and it's not easily explained. And the benchmark I've used here doesn't account for new money coming into the endowment, and a whole slew of other factors.
Wave755
Tsunami

🤔And, I wonder if WF had made a better DC hire would we be talking about any of this?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:12 pm 🤔And, I wonder if WF had made a better DC hire would we be talking about any of this?
WF was out recruiting last night. Spotted him on the sidelines at Strawberry Stadium in Hammond watching Arch Manning. Texas head coach was also there.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:26 pm
Wave755 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:12 pm 🤔And, I wonder if WF had made a better DC hire would we be talking about any of this?
WF was out recruiting last night. Spotted him on the sidelines at Strawberry Stadium in Hammond watching Arch Manning. Texas head coach was also there.
The Willie needs to direct his energy more on the problems at hand, than going to beautiful Hammond, home of legendary Strawberry Stadium to see Li'l Arch play ball
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:14 pm
The Willie needs to direct his energy more on the problems at hand, than going to beautiful Hammond, home of legendary Strawberry Stadium to see Li'l Arch play ball
This.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:25 am I’m not for any “ad or letter”
anymore. I WAS a big proponent of this many years ago but now it is a futile exercise. I heard Dannen will block tweets and people if he disagrees. So, never thought I’d say this, what’s the point. Sad but true.
Our past print ad and airplane flyover were totally useless and a waste of money that could have been used by the Athletic Department .

As difficult as it is to say gbGreenie is correct : Airing our dirty linen NOW would be totally the wrong way to accomplish anything positive .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
gbgreenie
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:47 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:13 am Drop this BS about Dannen, he is working on the NCAA Constitutional Committee with permission from Fitts. He said it would take up most of his time. They will come out with a rough Draft sometime in November. It is totally irresponsible for you ninnies to constantly knock the man when he currently is very busy with the NCAA Committee. To say he is missing in action is being a+++holes!!!

The Constitution Committee will hold its introductory meeting this week(This is a month old) and submit a working draft of its proposals for membership feedback in November before a special constitutional convention begins no later than Nov. 15. The ultimate proposals will be given to the NCAA board of governors by Dec. 15, with the full membership voting on it in January at the NCAA convention.

“I really don’t know yet other than I know it’s going to be a massive time and energy commitment,” Dannen said. “But we have a veteran (administrative) staff, a veteran coach staff and I feel pretty good about how we’re going to function during that time period.”
This latest responsibility will expand Dannen’s influence in the NCAA. He already is the chair of the NCAA football competition committee and is a member of the NCAA football oversight committee.

Dannen's PAYING JOB is AD at Tulane University. Forgive us if we don't give a flying fuck about his volunteer positions that he admits are taking up a lot of his time ON OUR DOLLAR. Our Athletics Department is swirling around the toilet bowl about to be flushed by forces outside of Tulane and the NCAA. We want him ON THE JOB. Maybe you'd like it if Tulane Athletics gets as much attention as, say, Senior Olympics.

So get off your high horse or enable the final flush to take place, but don't call us names for giving a damn about the future of Tulane Athletics. Or, more directly STFU.
Hey, before Dannen excepted this role the roof was not caving in. Does he just quit the committee, he and the university would not look good. Grow some brains!!! This might be the best chance at this point to gain recognition to get to the Power 5. I am sure that originally Dannen and the University thought this could help Tulane having a seat at the table. Sad that those like you can't see past your nose, big or small. Those like you like blowing hot air but with shallow though processes that can't see what has transpired in the last two months has caused great concern. The committee is in the middle of shaping the NCAA moving forward. Does Tulane want a quitter I don't but I do want to see current problems corrected at the earliest and hope he has people in the Administration working with Coach Fritz. See coach was at USL last night scouting Manning and others he had a chance to talk with the Coach of Texas. Wonder what was said?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Grow some brains?
Hey, before Dannen excepted this role
Does he just quit the committee, he and the university would not look good.
This might be the best chance at this point to gain recognition to get to the Power 5.
Grow some brains and don't sit at the keyboard after cocktail hour. Does the NCAA have input into where the conference re-alignment decision-makers turn? NOT AN IOTA! Does Dannen serving on that committee soothe and calm the anxieties of players, fans and recruits? Not one iota. His silence may as well be the hand on the toilet handle flushing Tulane Athletics down the drain.

"Flush twice, it's a long way to Bruff!"
Profoundwizard
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:24 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:47 pm

Hey, before Dannen excepted this role the roof was not caving in. Does he just quit the committee, he and the university would not look good. Grow some brains!!! This might be the best chance at this point to gain recognition to get to the Power 5. I am sure that originally Dannen and the University thought this could help Tulane having a seat at the table. Sad that those like you can't see past your nose, big or small. Those like you like blowing hot air but with shallow though processes that can't see what has transpired in the last two months has caused great concern. The committee is in the middle of shaping the NCAA moving forward. Does Tulane want a quitter I don't but I do want to see current problems corrected at the earliest and hope he has people in the Administration working with Coach Fritz. See coach was at USL last night scouting Manning and others he had a chance to talk with the Coach of Texas. Wonder what was said?
How was that role going to get Tulane into a Power 5 conference?
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:23 pm Our past print ad and airplane flyover were totally useless and a waste of money that could have been used by the Athletic Department .

As difficult as it is to say gbGreenie is correct : Airing our dirty linen NOW would be totally the wrong way to accomplish anything positive .
😂 😂 😂
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 am
TURVS71 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:06 am

And that gets Tulane in a P5 how? To call us “ninnies” just shows that YOU don’t understand the debacle that has been Tulane football since the 1960’s Nor do you understand the fans frustration in a city that SHOULD be the college football capital of the South!
Hey dude I know more about Tulane on my pinky finger than you will ever know, I go back to the Bobby Duhon years. While I am frustrated with the University at times I have gotten more pissed off at the arrogant wanabe fans. I was on TV as Cowan was meeting to drop the program with Fox 8 Kim Holden!!! Fans have been as destructive to the University as the past Administrations, to publicly showcase your dirty laundry at every little moment is self destructive to say the least. Work things in house but to showcase all the negatives showing recruits and families everything bad about Tulane with none of the good. Social media is the wrong place to air all you negatives because social media can be a blessing or a hell for a University. Every coach, every recruit says why in the hell would I go there. You handicap coaches and administration with sometimes BS, like Dannen is missing in action when in fact he is giving positive exposure to the University on an important NCAA Committee. Contacts made will definately help Tulane moving forward if he stays. He is giving the University a voice at the table of the future of the NCAA. And neither he or any of us had any idea about the way our football team would start the year. He trusted that Coach Fritz and others in the Athletic Dept. could handle the affairs. You can bet he is not feeling good with a full plate trying to handle the committee affairs and what is happening at the University. When he can catch a breath there will be changes.
Another spectacularly crazed rant, gb. First of all, the NCAA has no substantive future. Secondly, Dannen isn’t spending 70% of his time on NCAA subcommittees to give Tulane good exposure, he’s doing it to give Troy Dannen good exposure. Your boy is conducting a non-stop job search on Tulane’s nickel, while our athletic dept. is imploding. The next time we hear anything from Troy Dannen is when he announces he has just accepted another AD position, or when he announces that he has just won the National Bass Fishing Championship.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

Once Troy Dannen moves on by firing or accepting another job, I expect to see a couple of the people on this site apply for the job. They have all the answers and will bring certain success. No reason they should not apply if they really want Tulane to win in every sport.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Fritz is probably stalking lil Arch hoping to hob nob with all the P5 head coaches following Arch—hoping to get a P5 asst coaching gig—that’s the best he can hope for now.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:09 am
Fritz is probably stalking lil Arch hoping to hob nob with all the P5 head coaches following Arch—hoping to get a P5 asst coaching gig—that’s the best he can hope for now.
IDK, very few P5 assistant jobs pay 1.7 million a year?
Pepper
Swell

1. I do not think WF was recruiting Arch. There were a couple of AAC type recruits playin in that game.
2. The only thing Sarc told WF was "go get me a beer".
3. The verb is "accepted" not "excepted" you f'ing moron.
4. Mrs. Dannen, I would not get your hopes up believing you are going to a better program as an AD. The results here speak for themselves
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bigschtick
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:25 am I’m not for any “ad or letter”
I think many of us are at the point, like you, that we finally realize little, if anything, will ever be done at Tulane for us to have a successful football program, make that a successful athletic program period!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:39 pm Grow some brains?
Hey, before Dannen excepted this role
Does he just quit the committee, he and the university would not look good.
This might be the best chance at this point to gain recognition to get to the Power 5.
Grow some brains and don't sit at the keyboard after cocktail hour. Does the NCAA have input into where the conference re-alignment decision-makers turn? NOT AN IOTA! Does Dannen serving on that committee soothe and calm the anxieties of players, fans and recruits? Not one iota. His silence may as well be the hand on the toilet handle flushing Tulane Athletics down the drain.

"Flush twice, it's a long way to Bruff!"
That flush comment was on the bathroom walls at Sharp as far back as 1964! Love it! Tulane has actually decided to flush athletics as far as I can tell!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!