Fire Dannen

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
User avatar
NotJtS
Low Tide
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:48 am
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:31 am

I think it's time to fly the plane boys. I've got $100. Who's in?


User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 2782
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:53 am

Ain't nobody in charge at Tulane to do the firing of anyone! So fuhgedabouit! We are screwed!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4779
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:08 pm

Maybe we first need to fly a "Fire Fitts" banner--has a good ring to it. Even better "Fire Fu#in Fitts". Or just a symbolic encryption F cubed. Let's get to the root of the problem.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 6108
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:22 pm

I’d fire TD before Fritz. Baseball is below average, basketball is horrific, football is the definition of average, hell even WBball is basically average at best.
tnelly15
Riptide
Posts: 2520
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:58 pm

dpm wave
Swell
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:43 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:18 pm

I see where baseball has taken to playing Jr college teams. I guess they are afraid of any of the multiple DII programs that are of similar distance from NOLA.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 am
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:03 pm

I sure would love to know what “work” Dannen is doing for the NCAA that will benefit TU? Seems to me that if he has time for this, then there must not be a sense of urgency or reason to work on TULANE’S problems, of which there are MANY!
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4779
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:16 pm

DaveBrownStreak wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:03 pm
I sure would love to know what “work” Dannen is doing for the NCAA that will benefit TU? Seems to me that if he has time for this, then there must not be a sense of urgency or reason to work on TULANE’S problems, of which there are MANY!
Don’t think for a second that anything Dannen is doing for the NCAA is designed to help Tulane. Despite what gbgreenie keeps daydreaming, it’s all about helping Dannen improve his chances of finding another job. He got a wake call when he couldn’t get the lowest rung AD job in the P5–so he’s doubling down trying to fatten his resume and expand his Rolodex.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 2782
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:29 pm

DaveBrownStreak wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:03 pm
I sure would love to know what “work” Dannen is doing for the NCAA that will benefit TU? Seems to me that if he has time for this, then there must not be a sense of urgency or reason to work on TULANE’S problems, of which there are MANY!
The thing is that Fitts is not the dynamic person we need to make Tulane both athletically and academically superior. The guy is a milk toast who probably does not have the slightest clue about whats going on with Dannen or the athletic department. Again, nobody is at the helm of this sinking athletic department.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
Oh Brother
Ripple
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:49 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:42 pm

Dannen is absolutely engaged solely in working his way into another job, at a time when we are in critical need of leadership. If the idiots in BR can pull the trigger on “O” less than two years after the greatest season in anyone’s memory, why can’t we relieve Fritz who has really achieved nothing of significance since he has been here.
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5641
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:51 pm

Oh Brother wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:42 pm
Dannen is absolutely engaged solely in working his way into another job, at a time when we are in critical need of leadership. If the idiots in BR can pull the trigger on “O” less than two years after the greatest season in anyone’s memory, why can’t we relieve Fritz who has really achieved nothing of significance since he has been here.
Because Tulane doesn't want to or know how to win big in athletics.
Wave Fan
Ripple
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:22 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:56 pm

I would not underestimate Fitts. Speak softly etc etc.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Riptide
Posts: 2948
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:57 pm

Wave Fan wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:56 pm
I would not underestimate Fitts. Speak softly etc etc.
Precisely. Harvard undergrad, then Yale Law School where he was editor of the Yale Law Journal. He was a former counsel to the President. Dean of UPenn for 14 years (which has an acceptance rate of 7.7%) where he quadrupled Penn Law's endowment.

He's not nearly as smart as most of the people on this forum, but he's a pretty bright fellow.

I know. I know. He doesn't know football like all of us. AmIRight?
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4779
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:35 pm

GreenLantern wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:57 pm
Wave Fan wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:56 pm
I would not underestimate Fitts. Speak softly etc etc.
Precisely. Harvard undergrad, then Yale Law School where he was editor of the Yale Law Journal. He was a former counsel to the President. Dean of UPenn for 14 years (which has an acceptance rate of 7.7%) where he quadrupled Penn Law's endowment.

He's not nearly as smart as most of the people on this forum, but he's a pretty bright fellow.

I know. I know. He doesn't know football like all of us. AmIRight?
With those credentials it’s no wonder he doesn’t know what he’s doing at Tulane University—in New Orleans. As we’ve said, we have no chance with him at the wheel.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
TURVS71
Swell
Posts: 1792
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:05 pm

So, Mr. Dannen, are we expected to just keep going with the flow? What are you doing to move Tulane Athletics forward. We fans CANNOT keep accepting this indefinitely…

Inquiring minds want to know.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19295
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:30 am

Well no one knows there are inquiring minds. A full page ad in The Advocate would solve that problem.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4779
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:02 am

winwave wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:30 am
Well no one knows there are inquiring minds. A full page ad in The Advocate would solve that problem.
It would get a reaction from Dannen, because it would publicly put his job search in jeopardy, and would publicly embarrass him on his three sub-committees. Since Fitts won’t do anything about it, we should tell the world that he doesn’t do his job.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
nawlinspete
Riptide
Posts: 2652
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:21 am

Ya'll forgetting about all the changes Fiits made after he arrived.

December will be critical .
We Must Win Our FOUR YEAR AUDITION To Return To Greatness
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 am
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:30 am

HoustonWave wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:02 am
winwave wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:30 am
Well no one knows there are inquiring minds. A full page ad in The Advocate would solve that problem.
It would get a reaction from Dannen, because it would publicly put his job search in jeopardy, and would publicly embarrass him on his three sub-committees. Since Fitts won’t do anything about it, we should tell the world that he doesn’t do his job.

Tulane's athletic facilities,
Tulane's team records, rankings and standings,
Tulane's lack of relevance both locally and nationally.

CLEARLY SHOUT OUT THAT DANNEN IS NOT DOING HIS JOB!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11749
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:28 am

Time to plan a Tulane wanna be a PEE "Equality & Inclusion" march and rally in Ole Metry
"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3937
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:19 pm

He’s on every committee possible but the most important one for Tulane. The AAC expansion committee. :oops:



The AAC expansion committee includes a prominent crew of athletic directors from the conference – USF’s Mike Kelly, Memphis’ Laird Veatch, SMU’s Rick Hart and Navy’s Chet Gladchuk.
Dannen AWOL

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-the-aa ... 15069.html
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4779
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:45 am

Show Me wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:19 pm
He’s on every committee possible but the most important one for Tulane. The AAC expansion committee. :oops:



The AAC expansion committee includes a prominent crew of athletic directors from the conference – USF’s Mike Kelly, Memphis’ Laird Veatch, SMU’s Rick Hart and Navy’s Chet Gladchuk.
Dannen AWOL

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-the-aa ... 15069.html
The irony is, and probably not by accident, the three schools on the AAC Expansion Committee are the three schools most likely to leave the AAC over the next year or two. Dannen wasn't invited because Aresco knows Tulane has zero conference options going forward--he probably also knows that Dannen is an empty suit. And lastly, Dannen doesn't care about AAC expansion any more than he cares about Tulane athletics--he's focused on getting off the sinking Tulane ship.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
nawlinspete
Riptide
Posts: 2652
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:08 am

But he loves New Orleans and has wanted to be here for years !
We Must Win Our FOUR YEAR AUDITION To Return To Greatness
User avatar
NotJtS
Low Tide
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:48 am
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:08 pm

This bald asshole is in hiding. I don’t blame him. How much does he make a year?
Post Reply