Fire Dannen

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:48 pm While we're at it why has Dannen not announced the shift of the remaining Oklahoma game to New Orleans ?
Because it’s not on the agenda of any of his three NCAA sub-committees.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:48 pm While we're at it why has Dannen not announced the shift of the remaining Oklahoma game to New Orleans ?
By the time that game would happen, Oklahoma will be in the SEC. That game is dead.
Ruski
Swell

Worst record in conference in football. Worst record in conference in basketball, with the worst OOC by a country mile.

Time to say hasta la vista Troyboi,
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Serious question. What exactly has Troy Dannen done to earn his paycheck from Tulane? Inquiring minds want to know.
Citypark
Ripple

Second Call:

Troy Dannen, PLEASE call the Tulane athletics department 911, 911,911!!!!!!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Ruski wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:19 pm Worst record in conference in football. Worst record in conference in basketball, with the worst OOC by a country mile.

Time to say hasta la vista Troyboi,
5 years no baseball Tourney.
6 years no Wbball Tourney.

Facts
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Citypark wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:56 pm Second Call:

Troy Dannen, PLEASE call the Tulane athletics department 911, 911,911!!!!!!
Tulane Athletics is ablaze—burn’in down the house. And Troy Boy keeps playing his NCAA fiddle—while Fitts hides in Gibson Hall. The Dynamic Duo. 🤪🤪
Pepper
Swell

I wonder if TD got the word he and the athletic dept were going to be neutered by Gibson Hall and just said fuck it. Maybe that's why he's working for the NCAA rather than Tulane.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bigschtick
Riptide

How about all those emails to Fitts office? What was that email address again? IT seemed to help over admission issue so at least let Fitts know we want Dannen out.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:34 am I wonder if TD got the word he and the athletic dept were going to be neutered by Gibson Hall and just said fuck it. Maybe that's why he's working for the NCAA rather than Tulane.
That’s a possibility. But as bad as Fitts and Gibson Hall are, that’s no excuse for hiring one loser coach after another; or keeping one loser coach after another; or giving long contract extensions to one loser coach after another. It also doesn’t explain absolutely no fundraising efforts from the 4 tree-shakers that Athletics has had, nor the complete absence of any marketing effort for Tulane’s major sports. The incompetence of Fitts and the Board doesn’t give Dannen a license to give up, be lazy and AWOL.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

My guess is that with Dannen’s semi-permanent absence, the Athletic Dept, admins are doing the “Tulane Thang”—cashing their paychecks while they spend most the day playing video games. It’s Romper Room, with no adult supervision.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:57 am
Pepper wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:34 am I wonder if TD got the word he and the athletic dept were going to be neutered by Gibson Hall and just said fuck it. Maybe that's why he's working for the NCAA rather than Tulane.
That’s a possibility. But as bad as Fitts and Gibson Hall are, that’s no excuse for hiring one loser coach after another; or keeping one loser coach after another; or giving long contract extensions to one loser coach after another. It also doesn’t explain absolutely no fundraising efforts from the 4 tree-shakers that Athletics has had, nor the complete absence of any marketing effort for Tulane’s major sports. The incompetence of Fitts and the Board doesn’t give Dannen a license to give up, be lazy and AWOL.
This. I'll add TD didn't know about this when he got on all these committee's. When it came to be he did fight back and let it get out there that this was going on and got the needed help to get it overturned.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:27 am
This. I'll add TD didn't know about this when he got on all these committee's. When it came to be he did fight back and let it get out there that this was going on and got the needed help to get it overturned.

I’m glad that Dannen was able to neutralize Raji Of Admissions. Now can he please unload our crappy coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Amen to us and the other soldiers that help spread the word.
The power of social media put to good use for once.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:36 am

I’m glad that Dannen was able to neutralize Raji Of Admissions. Now can he please unload our crappy coaches.
Unconfirmed info, but I do recall reading someone said during a Dannen interaction this (new admissions standards) came up and he mentioned he was frustrated. This was around the time he interviewed for other jobs. This is certainly second hand speculation, but it does add up. However, if this is accurate he essentially threw his hands up and started looking for another job and has been Mia ever since. Not a good look
NotJtS
Low Tide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:05 am Unconfirmed info, but I do recall reading someone said during a Dannen interaction this (new admissions standards) came up and he mentioned he was frustrated. This was around the time he interviewed for other jobs. This is certainly second hand speculation, but it does add up. However, if this is accurate he essentially threw his hands up and started looking for another job and has been Mia ever since. Not a good look
Oh yeah, it's for sure confirmed. Displeasure was voiced "publicly" to a large group of boosters.
Jaxwave
Swell

Guys I hate to repeat myself as nauseum, but obviously the admin doesn’t care so blaming AD after AD and coach after coach isn’t reasonable. And expecting the admin to do so thereby incurring the costs of carrying those additional salaries isn’t logical. It just ain’t happening. What’s even more illogical is thinking any coach worth his salt will contemplate working for a university that just doesn’t care about athletics.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:30 pm Guys I hate to repeat myself as nauseum, but obviously the admin doesn’t care so blaming AD after AD and coach after coach isn’t reasonable. And expecting the admin to do so thereby incurring the costs of carrying those additional salaries isn’t logical. It just ain’t happening. What’s even more illogical is thinking any coach worth his salt will contemplate working for a university that just doesn’t care about athletics.
Quite true. Maybe that's why Dannen keeps extending long contracts for crappy coaches--just to stick it to Gibson Hall--on Dannen's hope that he'll be gone soon. If any of this is true, then we fans are just incurring the collateral damage in the Dannen vs Gibson Hall feud--and all the while Chicken Fitts hides in the corner, sucking his thumb.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:30 pm Guys I hate to repeat myself as nauseum, but obviously the admin doesn’t care so blaming AD after AD and coach after coach isn’t reasonable. And expecting the admin to do so thereby incurring the costs of carrying those additional salaries isn’t logical. It just ain’t happening. What’s even more illogical is thinking any coach worth his salt will contemplate working for a university that just doesn’t care about athletics.
The administration doesn't care for the most part. All agree on that. However 10 years ago they did lower the admission standards for athletes and created several athlete friendly majors. That has allowed better recruiting. There was talent on this years team. It greatly underachieved and thus fans are rightly blasting the coaching and the AD that hired them. No one is saying we should be winning NC's but expecting to compete for the AAC is fair game.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aegis
High Tide

Wave Fan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:56 pm I would not underestimate Fitts. Speak softly etc etc.
Fitts is the definition of “Lunch Money” don’t kid yourself.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:04 pm
The administration doesn't care for the most part. All agree on that. However 10 years ago they did lower the admission standards for athletes and created several athlete friendly majors. That has allowed better recruiting. There was talent on this years team. It greatly underachieved and thus fans are rightly blasting the coaching and the AD that hired them. No one is saying we should be winning NC's but expecting to compete for the AAC is fair game.
Don’t forget when we went to the AAC the Athletic budget more than tripled from CUSA.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:41 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:04 pm
Don’t forget when we went to the AAC the Athletic budget more than tripled from CUSA.
Proof?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I mean It probably went from $1m to $3m, let’s not get crazy
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Proof:
The CUSA budget link:
2017-2018 Tulane’s Athletics budget was $48 million. Green Wave’s football budget was $14.2 million.
https://theathletic.com/1197154/2019/09 ... ed_article

CUSA TV contract each team received $2mill. The AAC TV contract increased to $7mill per school.

When we went to the AAC the University also increased in subsidies to Athletics from allowing -$7 million in losses to allowing -$16 million in losses.
So our actual spend allowed went up by $14 million from CUSA to AAC.
That resulted in higher coaches salaries, chartered airplanes vs commercial, addition hotel stay and other things.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Back on topic
Fire Dannen!