Facilities

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:49 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:13 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:31 pm A big money donor would make sure it was built right. The problem is they are tapped out.
Not seeing that talk to Doug and Richard. Neither “tapped out”.
(Hertz and Yulman) .

https://news.tulane.edu/pr/tulane-cente ... foundation

https://news.tulane.edu/pr/yulman-famil ... ips-tulane
They tapped out on the athletic side. Now going to the academic side. We need $70 million to get the football ops building and the new arena. If huge money donors steps up to get those built they will be built right. But again they are tapped out.
:lol:
They give when “asked”. Just saying.
They haven’t been asked to donate to Athletics . Using the term tapped out is completely misleading and insulting to those donors.
They are far from being “tapped out”.
They have always given to both sides.
Tulane has just chosen to seek their help on the academic side at this time.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Speaking of the football ops building, IPF, and basketball arena, has anyone ever seen any mock ups of those? I haven’t, and I give a lot to both athletic Tulane and academic Tulane. How can you possibly try to raise funds for a specific project(s), if you don’t show and share the vision of what the end product will look like? Further evidence that Tulane has never intended to build such structures. Gibson Hall has chosen not to try.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:23 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:28 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:25 pm
Agreed. And now, years after the stadium has opened and construction costs have continued to increase, I see no way in hell Tulane would ever build something that could ever be comparable to any of the competition. We definitely don't have the type of money Tulane ever spends readily available now (wealthy donors).

Of course, I wish they would announce and build a palace. But, us fans seem to be the only ones who want that.
Dannen wanted it and tried to raise $35 million to build it and couldn't because the athletic donors are tapped out.
Wasn’t Yulman completed in 2014? That was seven years ago. How many more years will it take for the athletic donors to no longer be tapped out? 15 years? 20 years? Also what about finding new donors? That is Dannen’s job. It sounds like lazy arse Dannen is a poor fundraiser and is unwilling to spend the majority of his time traveling the country, selling his vision for Tulane athletics to potential donors, and fundraising. Maybe Dannen should try again to raise money for the football ops building since it has been more than five years since he “tried” and failed. However I doubt he will do it because he is lazy and does not want to put in the hard work that would be required to raise the necessary funds for a badly needed football ops building. This failure is on Dannen and not Yulman Stadium. Of course, some of you will tell me in 20 more years that the donors are still tapped out from donating to Yulman Stadium so we still can’t have a football ops building. Stop the excuses!!
It's no excuse. it's a fact that Tulane has not produced a large amount of true big money donors. They had a difficult time raising the money for the piss poor excuse of a stadium. It was supposed to cost $50 million. It ended up at around $85 million. They came up $20 million short. At the opening ceremony two donors said they would donate $10 million if other donors would combine to donate the other $10 million. The two ended up having to donate that last $20 million themselves. If you know of that long list of mega rich Tulanians out there send it to Dannen and send it to Fitts who is also failing with his attempt at fundraising as Houston noted.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:19 am
(Hertz and Yulman) .

They tapped out on the athletic side. Now going to the academic side. We need $70 million to get the football ops building and the new arena. If huge money donors steps up to get those built they will be built right. But again they are tapped out.
They haven’t been asked to donate to Athletics . Using the term tapped out is completely misleading and insulting to those donors.
LOl. I never said anything misleading or insulting. They gave what they are going to give to athletics. You're wrong as usual. Deal with it.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:19 am Speaking of the football ops building, IPF, and basketball arena, has anyone ever seen any mock ups of those? I haven’t, and I give a lot to both athletic Tulane and academic Tulane. How can you possibly try to raise funds for a specific project(s), if you don’t show and share the vision of what the end product will look like? Further evidence that Tulane has never intended to build such structures. Gibson Hall has chosen not to try.
They exist for the arena and the football ops.. I haven't seen them but others have. It's been posted about on the other site.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:19 am Speaking of the football ops building, IPF, and basketball arena, has anyone ever seen any mock ups of those? I haven’t, and I give a lot to both athletic Tulane and academic Tulane. How can you possibly try to raise funds for a specific project(s), if you don’t show and share the vision of what the end product will look like? Further evidence that Tulane has never intended to build such structures. Gibson Hall has chosen not to try.
Damn, H-Wave has been unmasked... Tilman Fertitta
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:41 am

LOl. I never said anything misleading or insulting. They gave what they are going to give to athletics. You're wrong as usual. Deal with it.
You just don’t know the facts. Giving your opinion is welcome. But here you’re trying to create a fact from your opinion when it is not correct. So In this case that’s misleading.
The facts are they are not tapped out and never will be. Secondly, Tulane has not asked for their support for Athletics at this time. Those are facts not opinions. Why they aren’t being approached is another story for another day.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:22 am
winwave wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:41 am
You just don’t know the facts. Giving your opinion is welcome. But here you’re trying to create a fact from your opinion when it is not correct. So In this case that’s misleading.
The facts are they are not tapped out and never will be. Secondly, Tulane has not asked for their support for Athletics at this time. Those are facts not opinions. Why they aren’t being approached is another story for another day.
The fact is Benson and Hertz are on the board. Dannen has to clear plans to build facilities with the Board. He did so and it was approved. Yet Benson nor Hertz stepped up. That was before the endowment campaign was started. Yes supposedly once that was started Dannen was told certain donors were off limits to him. But as I said his attempts at fundraising for that was before that. Then there's the fact that you can't tell rich people what they can and can't do with their money. Benson ,Hertz and Yulman know of the plans for a football ops building. If they want to they can donate to it. Fitts can't stop that. That gets us back to the fact that money people donate to many things. They donate what they believe they should to each different entity. In this case they have given athletics what they are going to give to it.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:31 pm A big money donor would make sure it was built right. The problem is they are tapped out.
(Hertz and Yulman) .

Money is Tulane's overarching issue - for both athletics and academics - and the mystery is how to effectively solve it, as the effects of this issue can be seen with Tulane being passed by SMU/TCU/Baylor in endowment size and the facility related issue. The obvious solution is that Tulane needs a revenue producing endowment, however, it's difficult to see how it can effectively get there from where it is now without just being super lucky one day.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:05 am Money is Tulane's overarching issue - for both athletics and academics - and the mystery is how to effectively solve it, as the effects of this issue can be seen with Tulane being passed by SMU/TCU/Baylor in endowment size and the facility related issue. The obvious solution is that Tulane needs a revenue producing endowment, however, it's difficult to see how it can effectively get there from where it is now without just being super lucky one day.
Exactly. I’d be willing to bet that the investments in the endowment are underperforming just like everything else Tulane does. Just content to maintain and not excel at anything.
Jesuit High School told its alumni a few years ago they wanted to raise $25 million for an new wing to the school and other capital improvements including Athletic facilities. The money was raised in less than a year and completed shorty thereafter.
Prior to that they wanted $6 million to acquire and build a multi sports facility off of Airline Drive. Athletic Alums stepped up and the money was raised in a flash. It’s now call John Ryan Stadium.
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

The endowment issue dates to the 1980s when the BOT voted NOT to invest in equities, and missed most of the run-up over the next 25 years.
GreenLantern
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:06 pm The endowment issue dates to the 1980s when the BOT voted NOT to invest in equities, and missed most of the run-up over the next 25 years.
Hard to imagine how any investments could have underperformed in the last 17 months. The S&P has gone from 2200 to 4400 in that period. Even an ignorant doofus like me has been able to make some money.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:18 pm
MicMan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:06 pm The endowment issue dates to the 1980s when the BOT voted NOT to invest in equities, and missed most of the run-up over the next 25 years.
Hard to imagine how any investments could have underperformed in the last 17 months. The S&P has gone from 2200 to 4400 in that period. Even an ignorant doofus like me has been able to make some money.
FYI Stanford’s endowment throws off over $1.3 billion a year that supports the entire university.
Harvard, Yale, Brown Endowments Have Been Buying Bitcoin for at Least a Year. Forward thinkers unlike Tulane.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:45 am
😂😂😂. I did go to high school with him, and his brothers.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:18 am
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:45 am
😂😂😂. I did go to high school with him, and his brothers.
since we are name droppin'...I was enrolled in (attended sparingly) High School, with David Duke, and a few Tulane Alums' Bob Marshall, Bob Thomas, Steve Walton, NY Mets pticher Barry Raziano
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Cincy 56, UCF 21

Must be the UCF facilities?🤷🏻‍♂️
TURVS71
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 pm Final: Cincy 56, UCF 21

Don’t be a Jackass….You damn well know we are talking about a systemic, long-term problem/situation at Tulane. UCFhas been more successful in a relatively short period of time than Tulane over many, many years.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Yes it must be the facilities because UCF is going to the Big 12 while Tulane is stuck in the AAC. Facilities show how much you value your athletic program which is why all the AAC schools that got Big 12 invites have invested in facilities while Tulane has not.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

What a clown post on so many levels. You will get two weeks of personal bad luck for your ignorance, wear a seat belt.
Wave755
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:23 pm

Yes it must be the facilities because UCF is going to the Big 12 while Tulane is stuck in the AAC. Facilities show how much you value your athletic program which is why all the AAC schools that got Big 12 invites have invested in facilities while Tulane has not.
They are in the center of Florida and have 71,913 students, that’s why, not because of the “bounce house”! :wave:

For this season WF blew it on his DC hire igniting much gloom, doom & hysteria for this forum. Once both the Pac 12 & Big 10 passed on all of the “Little VIII,” we all knew the AAC would be in trouble.
wave97
Swell

We need a new coaching staff.. We're stuck with negotiating a buy out for our current seven year mistake?
We need talent avaluators who understand the difference between a shitbird & a sleeper
We have waaaaay too many shitbird coaches & players. How you change that has nothing to do with bright shiney things.
Hire Liam Coen as our next head coach, he'll come cheap currently oc at Kentucky. & former QB coach for the LA Rams. Hire Lionel as DC & sit back & watch what happens.
TURVS71
Swell

“There is none so blind than those who will not see..”. How can you be so stupid as to NOT realize that a TOP recruit wants to play for a MAJOR program with MAJOR facilities in a MAJOR conference. If you deny this then you are just not being honest. All of this signifies a MAJOR commitment! Tulane DOES not present that MAJOR commitment in any way, shape or form nor is it interested in doing that! . THAT is why we are where we are.! ..Period. End of Story!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Wave755
Tsunami

Yes it must be the facilities because UCF is going to the Big 12 while Tulane is stuck in the
Houston has 46,000 students, Cincy has 44,000 students and, as stated above, UCF has 71,913 students. Their stadiums are meh. Enough said.🥱💤
wave97
Swell

Every student/alumni since Rufus Harris knows that Tulane has been at war with itself over the relative merits of "popular entertainment" in pursuit of it's academic mission.
Jesus Christ himself would shrink at the futility of trying to develop a program Uptown. There is no purpose to pursue athletics at the highest levels and everybody deep down inside knows it. You'll never find sane "alumni" with active brain cells that will commit to major facilities upgrades. Why?
Because we are Tulane.! A place where people from somewhere else parachute into for a few years and then leave..
Wham bam thank you ma'm.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

You took the words right out of my mouth, Sunami.