Facilities

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Pepper
Swell

Obviously someone does not know much about UCF. Not only are they building new athletic buildings, they upgraded their baseball park and their football stadium attendance wise is almost twice the size as ours. Oh and they actually put on their website their plans for the future. What a novel concept.

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:00 am Obviously someone does not know much about UCF. Not only are they building new athletic buildings, they upgraded their baseball park and their football stadium attendance wise is almost twice the size as ours. Oh and they actually put on their website their plans for the future. What a novel concept.
Tulane will announce their "Back To The Future" plans....goin' Independent !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:00 am Obviously someone does not know much about UCF. Not only are they building new athletic buildings, they upgraded their baseball park and their football stadium attendance wise is almost twice the size as ours. Oh and they actually put on their website their plans for the future. What a novel concept.
Yep, that baseball stadium sure puts Turchin to shame!😬 And true, the “capacity” of the “Bounce House” is 44,206.💪🏻 And oh, by the way, they have 71,000 students & are in Central Florida.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:09 pm We need a new coaching staff.. We're stuck with negotiating a buy out for our current seven year mistake?
We need talent avaluators who understand the difference between a shitbird & a sleeper
We have waaaaay too many shitbird coaches & players. How you change that has nothing to do with bright shiney things.
Hire Liam Coen as our next head coach, he'll come cheap currently oc at Kentucky. & former QB coach for the LA Rams. Hire Lionel as DC & sit back & watch what happens.
We have shitbirds for coaches and players because we have shitbird facilities. The Kentucky OC would just be another shitbird.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

And agreed, UTSA’ s 299-391 USN&WR academic ranking https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/un ... onio-10115 is irrelevant to its football 🏈 program other than making it an “admit anybody” school. And, it does have 29,959 undergraduate students, which some conferences will find desirable. :D
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:16 am And agreed, UTSA’ s 299-391 USN&WR academic ranking https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/un ... onio-10115 is irrelevant to its football 🏈 program other than making it an “admit anybody” school. And, it does have 29,959 undergraduate students, which some conferences will find desirable. :D
Ya see, UTSA was ahead of the curve, the ncaa is just catching up to the "no score" needed program....and sum conferences, find it's 31st ranked TV market size desirable...
Oh Brother
Low Tide

I can remember when the Slattens and Goldrings were major supporters. Certainly, years pass and so do folks who were committed supporters but I just wonder if the problem is that Dannen and possibly Fitts have ignored or antagonized some of the local interested donors. Bill Goldring could build everything we are discussing if he was so inclined.
sslatten
Low Tide

This Slatten has donated a Kings ransom to this athletic dept over the past decade (Turchin, Yulman & Strength/Weight Room). But they are all chicken-$hit facilities, so i guess it was a waste of my resources? But, then again, they were my resources, and when asked by RD & TD, i gave. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
To be honest, i have spent the last 19 months focusing & navigating my companies through all the COVID mess and, recently, post-IDA destruction, so really have put TU athletics on my back burner. I don't have the time or energy for it presently. Do i have the funds to fund an new IPF/Football ops bldg? Nope! Am i happy that the academics/admissions folks still cause huge issues for our coaches in getting in the athletes we need to compete at the highest level? Nope! Am i happy with the direction of the university and its athletics programs, especially football? Nope! Is there anything i can do about it? Nope! Given what i know, do i blame TD for our present situation? Nope! Do i believe the University will ever provide the funding or access to funding to get our facilities to where we all want them and need them to be? Nope! Is our problem still located in Gibson Hall and with the BOA? Yep! I'll leave it to y'all to figure out how to solve these issues, but without a T. Boone Pickens type leaving it all to Tulane Athletics, the facilities upgrades are just a pipe dream.
TURVS71
Swell

sslatten wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:45 pm This Slatten has donated a Kings ransom to this athletic dept over the past decade (Turchin, Yulman & Strength/Weight Room). But they are all chicken-$hit facilities, so i guess it was a waste of my resources? But, then again, they were my resources, and when asked by RD & TD, i gave. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
To be honest, i have spent the last 19 months focusing & navigating my companies through all the COVID mess and, recently, post-IDA destruction, so really have put TU athletics on my back burner. I don't have the time or energy for it presently. Do i have the funds to fund an new IPF/Football ops bldg? Nope! Am i happy that the academics/admissions folks still cause huge issues for our coaches in getting in the athletes we need to compete at the highest level? Nope! Am i happy with the direction of the university and its athletics programs, especially football? Nope! Is there anything i can do about it? Nope! Given what i know, do i blame TD for our present situation? Nope! Do i believe the University will ever provide the funding or access to funding to get our facilities to where we all want them and need them to be? Nope! Is our problem still located in Gibson Hall and with the BOA? Yep! I'll leave it to y'all to figure out how to solve these issues, but without a T. Boone Pickens type leaving it all to Tulane Athletics, the facilities upgrades are just a pipe dream.
First Scott, let me thank you for all you and your family did/have done for Tulane. It is greatly appreciated.

Now, reading your response to the current (repetitive) Tulane situation leaves me disgusted and disappointed, Not with what you have said or done for Tulane but that fact that you, a long time financial supporter, has to feel the pain, and ambivalence with the situation. It is
Just a sad state of affairs that the Tulane administration is just so blind and apparently dead set against having a successful and prosperous athletic program. Their answer is to occasionally throw some $ at the program. We fans quiet down and then of course, the ugly situation reappears and we are all like little kids looking through the fence at the new kids shiny toys, We are always on the outside looking in and that’s a shame!

Again, thanks to you and your family for all you have done. It pains ands sickens me, that in this supposedly football crazy city, a city that has hosted so many great sporting events…has a university that falls flat on its face and continues ls to alienate the residents of the area…Football is supposedly “KING” in the south, but we, Tulane’ are just so blinded and foolhardy to realize it’s potential.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
sslatten
Low Tide

Nothing would make me happier, than for all of our fans to experience Tulane Athletics reaching the pinnacle of success in all sports. Its possible, but will require strong, tough-minded, forward thinking leadership at the top level of the university. Something that has been sorely lacking for my entire adult lifetime, nearly 40 years, and many years before, from what i have been told. We have had many really good, smart and hard working folks try to right this athletic dept,, most of which i have known quite well personally, But they're just pissing into the wind if you dont have the 100% financial support of the University. I think we all understand how a successful athletic dept, specifically football, can lead to prosperity, goodwill and name recognition for the University as a whole. Unfortunately, the academic folks just dont see it the way we do.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sslatten wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:58 pm Nothing would make me happier, than for all of our fans to experience Tulane Athletics reaching the pinnacle of success in all sports. Its possible, but will require strong, tough-minded, forward thinking leadership at the top level of the university. Something that has been sorely lacking for my entire adult lifetime, nearly 40 years, and many years before, from what i have been told. We have had many really good, smart and hard working folks try to right this athletic dept,, most of which i have known quite well personally, But they're just pissing into the wind if you dont have the 100% financial support of the University. I think we all understand how a successful athletic dept, specifically football, can lead to prosperity, goodwill and name recognition for the University as a whole. Unfortunately, the academic folks just dont see it the way we do.
Exactly!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave Fan
Low Tide

You have to wonder if Tulane is not under consideration for a P5 conference at Tulane’s request. Sad.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:19 am
winwave wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:49 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:13 pm
Not seeing that talk to Doug and Richard. Neither “tapped out”.
(Hertz and Yulman) .

https://news.tulane.edu/pr/tulane-cente ... foundation

https://news.tulane.edu/pr/yulman-famil ... ips-tulane
They tapped out on the athletic side. Now going to the academic side. We need $70 million to get the football ops building and the new arena. If huge money donors steps up to get those built they will be built right. But again they are tapped out.
:lol:
They give when “asked”. Just saying.
They haven’t been asked to donate to Athletics . Using the term tapped out is completely misleading and insulting to those donors.
They are far from being “tapped out”.
They have always given to both sides.
Tulane has just chosen to seek their help on the academic side at this time.
Busted- you claim here they weren't asked to donate to facilities such as the football ops. building. In golf's new thread asking if people would donate you claim they were asked but weren't interested.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
oliveandblue
Surge

I would rather see basketball developed into a contender.

I'm sorry, but watching UCF and Cincy get wrongfully excluded despite being great makes me really wonder what is the ROI in football. It's a rigged sport. #2 Cincy in the polls is dumped to #6.

If Tulane went undefeated in back to back seasons, we would be around #10 in the nation.

Tulane is allowed to win big in basketball and baseball.

We can be a Duke. I do think NOLA is starved for a GOOD basketball show. I like Hunter, too - the SCHOOL needs to give him the resources to cook with.