Because You Chose Not To:

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

Well, here we are at 1-5 and there is no one to blame but the Tulane Administration:

Let’s see:

You could let all athletes in at the NCAA requirements; YOU chose not to.

You could have built a larger stadium by double decking the west and north sides of Yulman, but YOU chose not to.

You could find a way to build an IPF, but, YOU chose not to.

You could find a way to build a first class athletic administration building and weight training room but YOU chose not to.

You could have competed with the bigger schools but YOU chose not to.

So here we are, continuing to wallow in the bottom dregs of college football and remaining very unattractive for P5 conference affiliation because YOU chose to.

Continuing to put bandaids on your wounds just hasn’t worked and will not work.

Tulane Football is where it is because YOU chose to have it that way!

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
1989alum
Low Tide

TURVS71 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:27 pm Well, here we are at 1-5 and there is no one to blame but the Tulane Administration:

Let’s see:

You could have built a larger stadium by double decking the west and north sides of Yulman, but YOU chose not to.

You could find a way to build a first class athletic administration building and weight training room but YOU chose not to.

So here we are, continuing to wallow in the bottom dregs of college football and remaining very unattractive for P5 conference affiliation because YOU chose to.

We could happily have all of the above if someone with big dollars directed it so. Were were lucky to have Mr. Yulman give $30 million or so for our new stadium. Step up and give instead of whining. It takes dollars!
posse
High Tide

TURVS71 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:27 pm Well, here we are at 1-5 and there is no one to blame but the Tulane Administration:

Let’s see:

TURVS71 YOU ARE 1,000 % CORRECT, AND IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR MOST OF THE 61 YEARS
I HAVE BEEN A DIE HARD FAN. IF THEY WOULD ADDRESS YOUR POINTS NOW, IN 5 YEARS WE COULD HAVE A HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM.....

THERE ARE SOME ON THIS SITE THAT THINK TULANE AS DONE MORE RECENTLY FOR THE PROGRAM THEN EVER BEFORE. MAYBE THATS TRUE, BUT THEY STILL NOT FULLY COMMITTED. HOPE SOMEBODY WHO CAN DO SOMETHING TO ADDRESS THESE PROBLEMS SEE'S YOUR CLASSIC POST. IF NOT, JUST CALL ME

"TULANE FAN EMERITUS".

OH, IF I MISSED SPELLED ARE USED IMPROPER GRAMMAR, SCREW YOU.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Tulane has generally been recruiting at the highest level it has ever recruited in the recruit tracking era, so the isn’t really recruiting. Even in terms of fan expectations given the roster, a bunch of fans in this forum predicted or expected at 8+ win season with this very roster - so to say that this 1 win start is primarily because Tulane isn’t getting good recruits is an exaggeration.

Looking across the AAC, Tulane has been competitive in terms of recruiting with the teams at the top of the AAC recruiting rankings, so that’s further support of the stance that Tulane’s current situation isn’t primarily the trust of because of issues with recruiting.
TURVS71
Swell

It is the job of the AD to fundraise, secure donors, hire competent coaches and move the Athletic program forward. Tulane HAS chosen NOT to move forward in a diligent manner …The facts and history are there for all to see .
TURVS71
Swell

1989alum wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:57 pm

Let’s see:

We could happily have all of the above if someone with big dollars directed it so. Were were lucky to have Mr. Yulman give $30 million or so for our new stadium. Step up and give instead of whining. It takes dollars!
Stating the obvious is not whining.
It IS the AD’s job to secure funds ..He has failed!

6 FB season tickets
3 Baseball Tix
1 Basketball tix
Numerous road trips to all

Plus the required donations that go along with these tickets signifies my contribution to the athletic dept.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Let’s see:

+1,000,000. Bullseye TURVS71.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide

All of this is depressingly true. What a wasted opportunity by this school.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Recruiting has been good the last three years. On the other hand we’ve been lapped when it comes to the transfer portal—too many of our transfers-in simply haven’t performed that well. Does Willie and staff give much focus to the portal? Go take notes from what Dykes and SMU has been doing with the portal.

Lastly no matter who we recruit or transfer-in, we are not well coached. Lack of execution and discipline continues into year 6 of the Fritz regime, as does awful OL play, and problems tackling—the basics. And then the head scratching in-game decisions.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Aberzombie1892
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:02 am Recruiting has been good the last three years. On the other hand we’ve been lapped when it comes to the transfer portal—too many of our transfers-in simply haven’t performed that well. Does Willie and staff give much focus to the portal? Go take notes from what Dykes and SMU has been doing with the portal.

Lastly no matter who we recruit or transfer-in, we are not well coached. Lack of execution and discipline continues into year 6 of the Fritz regime, as does awful OL play, and problems tackling—the basics. And then the head scratching in-game decisions.
This was my point. The primary reason why this specific team is 1-5 isn’t poor recruiting as recruiting has been great by Tulane standards.
Show Me
Tsunami

I lost my house but Tulane lost more. Sad when you lost everything and looking for an outlet to survive (hint Tulane) and they get destroyed worse then I did in Ida. Troy do the right thing and resign. We need new blood.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:32 pm I lost my house but Tulane lost more. Sad when you lost everything and looking for an outlet to survive (hint Tulane) and they get destroyed worse then I did in Ida. Troy do the right thing and resign. We need new blood.
Sorry that you lost your house. Good luck with the recovery.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:55 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:32 pm I lost my house but Tulane lost more. Sad when you lost everything and looking for an outlet to survive (hint Tulane) and they get destroyed worse then I did in Ida. Troy do the right thing and resign. We need new blood.
Sorry that you lost your house. Good luck with the recovery.
Appreciate that Win. I know we head butt a lot but that is first class by you man. God Bless because you tell it like it is and that means a lot to me. Thank You so much.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You're welcome. Are you all living with other family or in temporary quarters?
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:11 pm You're welcome. Are you all living with other family or in temporary quarters?
We had good insurance. They are covering our loss of use. We are renting now fairly close to our house.
Insurance paying our rent.
Jaxwave
Swell

Tulane recruiting has been very poor on both lines. And Willie and the coaches are paying for those mistakes. The QB and WR recruiting was lacking g for most of Willie's tenure because of his reputation as an option guy. Because of this we are 2-3 years behind most of the league in enjoying explosive offenses behind good lines. With the exception of Patrick Johnson and Cam Sample we have struck out on DL recruiting. Even with pretty good LB and DB recruiting, they cannot make plays when the opponents' OL dominates the line of scrimmage.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:43 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:11 pm You're welcome. Are you all living with other family or in temporary quarters?
We had good insurance. They are covering our loss of use. We are renting now fairly close to our house.
Insurance paying our rent.
Good to hear. Hope y'all get rebuilt quickly.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:51 pm Tulane recruiting has been very poor on both lines. And Willie and the coaches are paying for those mistakes. The QB and WR recruiting was lacking g for most of Willie's tenure because of his reputation as an option guy. Because of this we are 2-3 years behind most of the league in enjoying explosive offenses behind good lines. With the exception of Patrick Johnson and Cam Sample we have struck out on DL recruiting. Even with pretty good LB and DB recruiting, they cannot make plays when the opponents' OL dominates the line of scrimmage.
FIRE the Recruiting coordinator...one Wesley Fritz...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !