Just fire Fritz

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Add Nebraska to the long list of schools firing assistant coaches during the season .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:57 am Add Nebraska to the long list of schools firing assistant coaches during the season .
without the "County Ride Schollies" ( their famed "walk on" program ), they are just a "County Line"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NotJtS
Low Tide

oliveandblue wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:12 pm It's sad to see - but he should be thanked for a few bowl years. It's time to get back to that ASAP.
Sad? No. Fuck him and his $2,000,000 salary for this shitty ass performance.
Lutzow46
Ripple

TCU basically forced their coach to resign. But the players had fire in their bellies and edged out their bitter rival, Baylor, in a game where the fans got into it. The students and the fans rushed the field afterwards, Problem with our boys is that they are not getting emotionally charged up. Coaches have not done a good job with the talent they have. There is no bitter rivalry for Tulane anymore. Who in N.O. cares about going to games against Memphis, Tulsa, Temple, East Carolina, UAB, Cincinnati, and the Florida schools?
Bigschtick
Riptide

Bitter is hardly a word I would use to apply to any Tulane team or ANY team they play. They certainly did not get fired up after that illegal hit to Pratt by SMU. Fired up must not be in the vocabulary of any Tulane coach! However, playing the teams Lutzow listed is a lot more interesting than what we are looking at in the future.!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:57 am Add Nebraska to the long list of schools firing assistant coaches during the season .
per Scott Frost, it was easy to take a pay cut and fire four freinds
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... assistants
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
oliveandblue
Surge

Lutzow46 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:41 pm TCU basically forced their coach to resign. But the players had fire in their bellies and edged out their bitter rival, Baylor, in a game where the fans got into it. The students and the fans rushed the field afterwards, Problem with our boys is that they are not getting emotionally charged up. Coaches have not done a good job with the talent they have. There is no bitter rivalry for Tulane anymore. Who in N.O. cares about going to games against Memphis, Tulsa, Temple, East Carolina, UAB, Cincinnati, and the Florida schools?
The SEC sucks the air out of the room in football.
MicMan
Swell

The Glazers were at practice today. They just sold their Tampa estate for $55 million and plan to sell about $70m worth of shares in Man U.

I think we have our pigeon. LOL
Bigschtick
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:05 pm The Glazers were at practice today. They just sold their Tampa estate for $55 million and plan to sell about $70m worth of shares in Man U.

How about Jerry Springer coughing up some decent moola. He made millions from that dumb ass show! He was a good schmoozer when he was President of Tau Epsilon Pi! Hopefully, some generous sole will step forward and help get us at least out of the facilities mess!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
wave97
Swell

oliveandblue wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:02 pm
Lutzow46 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:41 pm TCU basically forced their coach to resign. But the players had fire in their bellies and edged out their bitter rival, Baylor, in a game where the fans got into it. The students and the fans rushed the field afterwards, Problem with our boys is that they are not getting emotionally charged up. Coaches have not done a good job with the talent they have. There is no bitter rivalry for Tulane anymore. Who in N.O. cares about going to games against Memphis, Tulsa, Temple, East Carolina, UAB, Cincinnati, and the Florida schools?
You are absolutely right, but how have we arrived at this place. Football, Boxing & Dueling not so popular for participants.
wave97
Swell

wave97 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:13 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:02 pm
You are absolutely right, but how have we arrived at this place? Football, Boxing & Dueling not so popular for participants.
Jaxwave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:31 am
per Scott Frost, it was easy to take a pay cut and fire four freinds
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... assistants
The quote says easy to make any sacrifices "I have to make" not necessarily referring to cutting the coaches but his acceptance of a pay cut. The writer of the article put his spin on it making sound like he is saying it was easy firing his friends.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Fritz will return for 2022....anything LESS than a 3-1 start against this OOC schedule, and he needs to be shown the door prior to game 5...TD's office phone needs to be filled with that message
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/tulane
greenie78
Riptide

Fire his ass. Cost them another game by playing for the FG.
GCLlives
Ripple

I wish I knew who should be fired. Unfortunately, the season has imploded in such a monumental way, there are too many coaches to blame. I want to say most of it is on Chip Long, but at this point, I don't really know. Also even Will Hall, who seemed to really help us "turn the corner", has only 1 win at Southern Miss. It makes you wonder what we have been settling for. I think Fritz gets another year, but this feels like the beginning of the end for him here. I hope I'm wrong. He's at least made us quasi-relevant again. As in alum who has experienced far worse teams post-Katrina, I really enjoyed the new atmosphere on campus during gameday and even a few bowl games with family.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:04 pm
MicMan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:05 pm The Glazers were at practice today. They just sold their Tampa estate for $55 million and plan to sell about $70m worth of shares in Man U.

How about Jerry Springer coughing up some decent moola. He made millions from that dumb ass show! He was a good schmoozer when he was President of Tau Epsilon Pi! Hopefully, some generous sole will step forward and help get us at least out of the facilities mess!
Jerry Springer will probably have Dannen and Fitts on his show—highlighting human dysfunctionality.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I wonder about Fritz. He looks so disillusioned and lost, I’m really starting to wonder if he will want to come back next year—crazy contract or not.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Deep down he's hoping to be fired so he can get out of here and yet still steal more money from Tulane.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:34 pm Deep down he's hoping to be fired so he can get out of here and yet still steal more money from Tulane.
Dannen may accommodate him—just to fade some heat, and buy some more time for himself.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:27 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:34 pm Deep down he's hoping to be fired so he can get out of here and yet still steal more money from Tulane.
Dannen may accommodate him—just to fade some heat, and buy some more time for himself.
Aren’t we still paying off Dunleavy for that ridiculously long contract Dannen gave him? What makes you think that Fitts would give approval for Dannen to fire Fritz when Dannen just gave him that massive contract extension last year? Plus I want Dannen gone ASAP and do not want him making any more coaching hires for Tulane. Dannen is a cancer on Tulane athletics.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:12 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:27 pm
Aren’t we still paying off Dunleavy for that ridiculously long contract Dannen gave him? What makes you think that Fitts would give approval for Dannen to fire Fritz when Dannen just gave him that massive contract extension last year? Plus I want Dannen gone ASAP and do not want him making any more coaching hires for Tulane. Dannen is a cancer on Tulane athletics.
All true. But there is no indication that Fitts cares one flip about what’s going on with Tulane athletics. He’s too busy leading the new AAC to new heights. 🤮
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Here is my semi rational take: Fritz gets one more year because he has been a good soldier and has led us to new heights (and ultimately has too large of a buyout left). The Ad has been excited for the OOC schedule for 2021 for awhile ans this is the perfect tome for them to add a resume bullet point about bringing Tulane to new heights. Anything less than 7 wins gets willie fired next year. I also think they force him to fire Atleast 3 coaches
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

100 out of 130 D1 programs would fire a coach in Fritz's shoes. He hasn't won a game versus an FBS opponent in a year. We're announcing to the world, once again, that Tulane doesn't give a damn about athletics. And Dannen needs to go as well.

Play Horton. Pratt was brutal yesterday and should have been pulled at some point. But I guess accountability (or lack thereof) trickles down.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

We are worse than Kansas. That's saying something. It really doesn't matter who coaches. Jesus would not come here.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Pepper wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:48 am We are worse than Kansas. That's saying something. It really doesn't matter who coaches. Jesus would not come here.
Yes, Kansas defeated Texas yesterday in OT.