Classless Lane Kiffin

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

I’m with everybody who says we need to be able to get better to avoid blowouts but c’mon, still going for 4th downs, passing deep with your first string QB against a team that hasn’t been able to go home for a month was totally and absolutely classless.
My gut is despite risking injury to his QB, he knows Corall is gone after this year so is trying to get out from under this Ole Miss job with impressive offensive performances. Auditioning for USC and LSU perhaps? Or to be Saban’s successor? But just remember this, Lane, you are an ass of the first degree.

ajcalhoun
Swell

God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wanna stop getting beat by 40...start playin' or coachin' better....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Classless , as in laying 69 points on an FCS playing for a paycheck ; having won only five times in three years ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah he’s a POS, and we need to give him an assbeating sometime. They put a sticker that said Tulane Winners or something on their helmets ? Or how they went to their IPF to practice during the rain delay ? We’re we afforded the same opportunity ? I believe that’s not allowed in conference. He was also the one calling us an SEC team. I understand it was a motivational tactic, but he is absolutely a classless POS to me.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:58 am I’m with everybody who says we need to be able to get better to avoid blowouts but c’mon, still going for 4th downs, passing deep with your first string QB against a team that hasn’t been able to go home for a month was totally and absolutely classless.
My gut is despite risking injury to his QB, he knows Corall is gone after this year so is trying to get out from under this Ole Miss job with impressive offensive performances. Auditioning for USC and LSU perhaps? Or to be Saban’s successor? But just remember this, Lane, you are an ass of the first degree.
Whatever man. That’s BS. We were the ones who went in there talking shit with those throwback SEC helmets and stickers. And they kicked our ever living asses, beat us to a pulp and showed us exactly who we are, all on national tv. They could have easily hung 90+ points on us.

Don’t be mad at Ole Miss for racking up the style points. Be mad at Tulane for who we are and how we played.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Highwave
Low Tide

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:50 am
Jaxwave wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:58 am I’m with everybody who says we need to be able to get better to avoid blowouts but c’mon, still going for 4th downs, passing deep with your first string QB against a team that hasn’t been able to go home for a month was totally and absolutely classless.
Whatever man. That’s BS. We were the ones who went in there talking shit with those throwback SEC helmets and stickers. And they kicked our ever living asses, beat us to a pulp and showed us exactly who we are. They could have easily hung 90+ points on us.

Don’t be mad at Ole Miss for ranking up the style points. Be mad at Tulane for who we are and how we played.
Agree with every word of this post. Also, given TU’s comeback on Oklahoma, he had additional incentive to bury us. .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:50 am
Whatever man. That’s BS. We were the ones who went in there talking shit with those throwback SEC helmets and stickers. And they kicked our ever living asses, beat us to a pulp and showed us exactly who we are, all on national tv. They could have easily hung 90+ points on us.

Don’t be mad at Ole Miss for racking up the style points. Be mad at Tulane for who we are and how we played.
+1,000,000. All true. Once again we don’t show up, once again see are out manned, and our gimmicky front office further sets us up for this national humiliation. We pulled off a trifecta.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
exflash
High Tide

I guess I have mixed feelings on the QB sub….had a HS basketball girls team….we were great and had games won by mid first half with the true mvp of the district…..girl from another team got the award because of her time to run up stats…….I side with not getting injured after game is decided…..but he is a true candidate for Player of the year!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

exflash wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:39 pm I guess I have mixed feelings on the QB sub….had a HS basketball girls team….we were great and had games won by mid first half with the true mvp of the district…..girl from another team got the award because of her time to run up stats…….I side with not getting injured after game is decided…..but he is a true candidate for Player of the year!
Realistic comparison, thank you for the post as it added a ton of clarity to this D1 football discussion. Thank you.
gbgreenie
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:47 am Classless , as in laying 69 points on an FCS playing for a paycheck ; having won only five times in three years ?
What Willie cleared the bench and had Horton hand off, no passes. Took it as easy as he could.
La Sports Fan
Ripple

Check the PBP. We were up something like 42-7 with less than 2 minutes in the half and Pratt was throwing deep down field. I think we scored in 4 plays but I guess that’s not running up the score.
swampnik
Surge

La Sports Fan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:46 am Chek the PBP. We were up something like 42-7 with less than 2 minutes in the half and Pratt was throwing deep down field. I think we scored in 4 plays but I guess that’s not running up the score.
Everything is fair game thru the 2nd quarter. Never know if the opposing team will light a fire in the 2nd half. It has happened.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:47 am
La Sports Fan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:46 am Chek the PBP. We were up something like 42-7 with less than 2 minutes in the half and Pratt was throwing deep down field. I think we scored in 4 plays but I guess that’s not running up the score.
Everything is fair game thru the 2nd quarter. Never know if the opposing team will light a fire in the 2nd half. It has happened.
Yep. Navy game. We were up 24-0 and lost 27-24.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Right. No comparison.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
La Sports Fan
Ripple

Again this was an FCS school that was then down 42-7 before the last drive. That won 5 games in last 3 years.
Funny how if he was our coach and was winning no one would care.
chigoyboy
Ripple

When we played Morgan State, we had 2nd and 3rd string players in there. If we were throwing the ball deep mid 3rd qtr, I would not be happy with WF.
When it comes to what Kiffin was doing, I wasn't thrilled about it BUT, we came in wanting respect. If you want it, you can't let the other team literally do whatever they wanted to do on offense. We needed to stop them. However there comes a point when the game was basically over and you still have your 1s in there and still throwing it deep was a little much for me. I have no issues with making a point/statement against another team but that last drive was a little too much for me.
If that was the 2s or 3s, then so be it. I do not like when backups come in and just do 3 handoffs up the middle and punt. Against a Morgan St or FCS school, its different.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

It's very clear in this thread those who have played ball and those who haven't. Despite what you think, that little SEC sticker helmet stunt is one of the main reasons they massacred us. We are lucky they stopped at 61 points to be honest. If you don't want to get your ass handed to you, then don't let it happen. We let it happen. End of fucking story.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:38 am It's very clear in this thread those who have played ball and those who haven't. Despite what you think, that little SEC sticker helmet stunt is one of the main reasons they massacred us. We are lucky they stopped at 61 points to be honest. If you don't want to get your ass handed to you, then don't let it happen. We let it happen. End of fucking story.
AMEN !!! stop with the decal of the week krap...decide on a mascot, put it on your helmet and keep it there.....gawd, all of this uniform shit is useless...the most boring helmets-uni's in college football are Alabama, Penn State, Michigan, Texas, Stanford, USC, learn sumthin' from them
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Totally agree NOLABig , Dannen : Stupid Is As Stupid Does .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Every school does alternate helmets and throw backs. They do it for $$$$ and selling merchandise. That is even more important for us. These helmets and new merchandise are literally paying our athletic departments bills
RobertM320
Green Wave

Doesn't help when you have azzwipes in local media taking jabs at the local team DURING the game.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:02 am Every school does alternate helmets and throw backs. They do it for $$$$ and selling merchandise. That is even more important for us. These helmets and new merchandise are literally paying our athletic departments bills
Valid point
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
TURVS71
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:02 am Every school does alternate helmets and throw backs. They do it for $$$$ and selling merchandise. That is even more important for us. These helmets and new merchandise are literally paying our athletic departments bills

Give me a break! That pocket change we MAY get is just that! You want to pay the bills of the athletic dept? Raise your program, get good and attractive enough to join a P5 and then get that $50+ Million annual check! THAT’S how you pay the bills!!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981