Ole Miss Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Aegis wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 am
winwave wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:50 pm Kiffin trying to keep his team focused:

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/ ... 170894090/
This is an old coaching trick used by Bear Bryant when facing weaker teams. Talk up the other team to keep your guys focused. Plus it gets the opposing team to think they are better than they are, which can result in less focus. It can be taken further by praising individual players causing them to over play and take chances they normally wouldn’t. “Stay humble and hungry”. Roll Wave.
Exactly what I was thinking

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ancillary benefit of beating ole miss . . s we will SURELY be featured on the SEC Shorts as an old sec team who should come back. Those SEC shorts are great
wave97
Swell

We're going to win if our offensive line can keep Michael Pratt clean for 3 seconds.
Our defense is executing at a high level across the board.. This will be a fun game to watch.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:46 pm Ancillary benefit of beating ole miss . . s we will SURELY be featured on the SEC Shorts as an old sec team who should come back. Those SEC shorts are great
I can easily imagine an SEC short where Ole Miss is caught in bed with a new love interest (Oklahoma) when a former ex (Tulane) shows up and blackens both their eyes.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:34 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:46 pm Ancillary benefit of beating ole miss . . s we will SURELY be featured on the SEC Shorts as an old sec team who should come back. Those SEC shorts are great
I can easily imagine an SEC short where Ole Miss is caught in bed with a new love interest (Oklahoma) when a former ex (Tulane) shows up and blackens both their eyes.
😂😂. We must see will this into existence.

On a separate note, I have been reading that Ole Mis may have a better OL than OU ?! Ugh, that could be problematic.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Another opportunity:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... f8b4c.html

Good coverage on the local sports at 10 on wwl and Fox.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
CollenG53
Trickle

17 ranked Ole miss is going to be no joke but we're supposed to be SEC standard so lets go!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I wonder how wet that part of Mississippi is getting and for how long
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Per some of our players we will be running this week to set up the pass based on the Ole Miss defense. Expect to see more of Spears. Hope those players survive the woodshedding Willie's going to give them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Word is greenie will be on the side of the helmets:

nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:39 pm Word is greenie will be on the side of the helmets:

Great ...!
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:07 am
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:39 pm Word is greenie will be on the side of the helmets:

Great ...!
John Chase, if memory serves, drew all of the Tulane covers.. I have several, but not one from the Biccardi Havana bowl
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:15 pm Power running game:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 17cd8.html
"Fritz singled out senior Sam Williams, who has three sacks through two games, but added the Rebels had a bevy of big, fast guys in their rotation."

When I first read this, I thought it said they had a "bevy of big, FAT guys in their rotation"!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Official Reveal:

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane equipment strikes again:

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755
Tsunami

Johnny Rebs unveil uniform combination for Tulane game. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-m ... -saturday/
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Guerry answers questions for Mississippi paper:

https://www.djournal.com/sports/college ... 894b2.html
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game will be on 99.5 fm locally instead of 104.1 due to scheduling conflicts.