Tulane whips Morgan State 69-20

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:23 am
gbgreenie wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:50 am
Was at the game some things bothered me about the QB's. Pratt when not in the game is all over the bench smiling, playing around instead of being on the sidelines talking with Ibieta and Horton as to what he saw in the game. Looks like competion individually not as a group. Now when Ibieta hurt his shoulder I saw Pratt stretching it with Ibieta. Neither Pratt nor Ibieta were on the sidelines rooting freshman Horton on. I did see other players rooting for Horton but neither of the other two QB. I believe each one is looking still to be the one and there is not room for a third.
On the TV broadcast, Pratt was the first person to run onto the field and chest-bump Ibieta after he had just made his first college TD pass. Like tps has noted, Ibieta was thrown out of rhythm by the continuing high-snaps from center. That plus getting dinged pretty good on the shoulder didn’t make for a situation where he could have his best game.

Don’t lose sleep over Ibieta. It’s been a while since we’ve had a QB2 with this much talent.
What you can't see on the tv broadcast, Pratt spent very little time with eyes on the field, I was behind the bench and saw it lst had, looks very cocky. Plus Pratt wearing a brace on his right knee and riding the stationary bike to keep it loose, not 100%. Ibieta's throwing arm definately tightened up. Each QB is one down from getting hurt and unable to play. from Pratt to Ibieta to Horton. All three should be sharing what they see on the field and be more into the game even when they are not playing.

ChileNPecans
Trickle

Saw the score of your game & it made me smile wide & feel proud for those guys--especially with all of the relocation & the hassle that goes with it.

Your team took adversity & turned it on its head. BooYah! 👍

Shout out to my amigo Big Chicken Heindel - may your gigs at The Opera House & elsewhere continue having a little boogie to them.
Wave QB
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:28 pm I am in no way hoping something terrible has befallen this young student athlete- Of which his sister is also a tulane athlete and his family are supporters. My comment was not well articulated on my part, and I certainly only want success and good health for the young man. The true intent was to convey that a sore or bruised shoulder would be an obvious explanation for him missing his throws and something that could be remedied.
Understood.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

gbgreenie wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:02 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:23 am
gbgreenie wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:50 am
Was at the game some things bothered me about the QB's. Pratt when not in the game is all over the bench smiling, playing around instead of being on the sidelines talking with Ibieta and Horton as to what he saw in the game. Looks like competion individually not as a group. Now when Ibieta hurt his shoulder I saw Pratt stretching it with Ibieta. Neither Pratt nor Ibieta were on the sidelines rooting freshman Horton on. I did see other players rooting for Horton but neither of the other two QB. I believe each one is looking still to be the one and there is not room for a third.
On the TV broadcast, Pratt was the first person to run onto the field and chest-bump Ibieta after he had just made his first college TD pass. Like tps has noted, Ibieta was thrown out of rhythm by the continuing high-snaps from center. That plus getting dinged pretty good on the shoulder didn’t make for a situation where he could have his best game.

Don’t lose sleep over Ibieta. It’s been a while since we’ve had a QB2 with this much talent.
What you can't see on the tv broadcast, Pratt spent very little time with eyes on the field, I was behind the bench and saw it lst had, looks very cocky. Plus Pratt wearing a brace on his right knee and riding the stationary bike to keep it loose, not 100%. Ibieta's throwing arm definately tightened up. Each QB is one down from getting hurt and unable to play. from Pratt to Ibieta to Horton. All three should be sharing what they see on the field and be more into the game even when they are not playing.
Shouldn't the coaches be hip to that? It use to drive me crazy to see us losing and the players joking around pn the side lines! Pratt should not let anything go to his head. He has plenty on his plate left to deal with this season.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!