UAB Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Could be played at home as Entergy has notified residents they expect power to be back on by next Wednesday.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

UAB got crushed by Georgia 56-7. That was with Georgia playing their 2nd string QB.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern
Riptide

Message from Tulane Athletics:
Today it was announced that our third home game against UAB on Sept 25 will take place back home at Yulman Stadium beginning at 7:00 pm CT. The game will take place as students move back into their residence halls on the Uptown campus, meaning some logistics will change from normal game day operations.

Parking and tailgating on-campus will not be allowed for the UAB game. Parking accommodations for off-campus sites, where your parking pass will be honored will be announced in the coming days. Additionally, limited concessions and food selections will be available in the concourse and in the Glazer Family Club for this game. Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test will still be required for entry.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern
Riptide

Hope it’s not true but rumors are circulating on Twitter that Pratt may be more seriously injured than we know. Certainly no one that is not on the team has any idea. Combine this gloomy news with the fact that Ibieta was dinged pretty good and had trouble throwing the ball and it’s not a promising forecast for the UAB game.

It appears we could easily be forced to test the accuracy of gbg’s rave reviews of Horton.

As my sainted grandmother (who knew nothing of football) often said: “It’s always something”. My grandfather, a farmer, was a bit more direct. His response would have been: “If it’s not spiders, its pissants.”
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hope it's not serious but his throwing shoulder slammed into the ground pretty hard. The staff clearly doesn't think Horton is ready or he would have gone in over Ibieta who couldn't throw the ball. Hoping for the best.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

One betting service has UAB winning by two TD's. Do they know something about Pratt's injury?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Sources , Lantern ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
GreenLantern
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:00 pm Sources , Lantern ?
Nothing from any reliable source. Saw three posts…all from fans (probably as ignorant as us)…two on Twitter and one on Facebook.

Let’s hope they’re wrong.
gbgreenie
Surge

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tu ... d=msedgntp

Oddsmakers give the Tulane Green Wave (1-2) the advantage on Saturday, September 25, 2021 against the UAB Blazers (2-1). Tulane is favored by 4 points. A 57-point over/under is set for the game.
gbgreenie
Surge

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:09 am Hope it’s not true but rumors are circulating on Twitter that Pratt may be more seriously injured than we know. Certainly no one that is not on the team has any idea. Combine this gloomy news with the fact that Ibieta was dinged pretty good and had trouble throwing the ball and it’s not a promising forecast for the UAB game.

It appears we could easily be forced to test the accuracy of gbg’s rave reviews of Horton.

As my sainted grandmother (who knew nothing of football) often said: “It’s always something”. My grandfather, a farmer, was a bit more direct. His response would have been: “If it’s not spiders, its pissants.”
Sometime we as fans must read between the lines, Notice against Ole Miss Ibieta did not throw one pass. On the sidelines against Morgan St. I saw Pratt and Ibieta stretching his arm and shoulder. Would not surprise me if Pratt is not hurt with the hits he has been getting. This week again I heard from Willie that he was impressed with Horton. Here is my take, take it or leave it. Horton was voted by sport writers in Texas to have the 3rd best season as a quarterback last year, Nussmeier for Lsu was #9. Last two games Nussmeier came in and was passing the ball though not effectively, 1 for 4. LSU is raving about Nussmeier being so good, not impressive yet but at least they are giving him a chance to thrown in the games. Waste of time to put Horton into any games like against Morgan St. with out evaluating his passing and spotting receivers. You could burn up Horton's redshirt year without seeing him pass. If all he is going to do is handoff keep him on the bench.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:24 am One betting service has UAB winning by two TD's. Do they know something about Pratt's injury?
Which betting service is that?
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:46 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:24 am One betting service has UAB winning by two TD's. Do they know something about Pratt's injury?
Oddshark has UAB winning by 14.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:49 pm
Odd shark, I think that is the one that is a vegetarian
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

Odds shark has Tulane -4. Furthermore, odds shark is not a sports book. They don’t take action, all they do is provide information and gambling content
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:02 pm

Odds shark has Tulane -4. Furthermore, odds shark is not a sports book. They don’t take action, all they do is provide information and gambling content
Not the gambling line - their own prediction.
Jaxwave
Swell

I spent the entire halftime and third quarter on the game thread imploring Willie to get Pratt out before the entire season goes down the drain, alas, to no avail. And yes I know Willie wasn't reading the thread on the sidelines. I even said if Pratt goes down with a serious injury it was a fireable offense. There was absolutely no reason for him to play after Ole Miss scored on their first drive of the second half.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Per WF at today's presser both QB's are good to go. Pratt was one of the players interviewed so that's a good sign.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:39 pm
Sometime we as fans must read between the lines, Notice against Ole Miss Ibieta did not throw one pass. On the sidelines against Morgan St. I saw Pratt and Ibieta stretching his arm and shoulder. Would not surprise me if Pratt is not hurt with the hits he has been getting. This week again I heard from Willie that he was impressed with Horton. Here is my take, take it or leave it. Horton was voted by sport writers in Texas to have the 3rd best season as a quarterback last year, Nussmeier for Lsu was #9. Last two games Nussmeier came in and was passing the ball though not effectively, 1 for 4. LSU is raving about Nussmeier being so good, not impressive yet but at least they are giving him a chance to thrown in the games. Waste of time to put Horton into any games like against Morgan St. with out evaluating his passing and spotting receivers. You could burn up Horton's redshirt year without seeing him pass. If all he is going to do is handoff keep him on the bench.
You can play 4 games without burning the redshirt.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

As I have said lane kiffin and ole miss were the opposite of class given circumstances. It would have been nice for guerrey or a writer to actually call them out. I hope the team and program holds onto that anger and channels it into UAB and the next time we play kiffin/ ole miss. Sabotage their busses, then break the visitor AC and toss some stink bombs in.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

On channel 4 they showed film from today's practice that was provided by Tulane as no one is being allowed on campus right now. Pratt is shown running the offense and passing the ball in team drills.
winwave
Top of the WAVE