Must be vaccinated or Have Negative Test, Mask too

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenLantern
Riptide

It’s a mask. Not like we’re being forced to wear an LSU or Atlanta Falcons jersey.
Last edited by GreenLantern on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Mask wearing works and works well. The problem came when the vaccine became available and the mask mandates were lifted and people were on their own to wear them or not. They didn't and acted like the pandemic was over. They also chose not to get vaccinated and thus gave the virus more people to get into and mutate. So here we are again. As to herd immunity mask don't prevent that. Having COVID doesn't protect against the variant. So wear the mask and encourage everyone you can to get vaccinated. The next variant if it's allowed to develop will be much worse than this one.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:24 am
Show Me wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:20 am Two reasons why mask wearing is a feel good BS idea to control you.
Mask wearing hasn’t worked otherwise this would be over.
If it does work then it only works to prolong the goal to herd immunity.
Herd immunity is the only way out here. Either get the virus or the vaccine. Wearing a mask should be up to the individual. No government should be able to force this upon its citizens. That’s all.
Part of the reason I got the vaccine is because I was told I wouldn’t have to wear a mask especially outside. Lied to by our leaders once again.
I’m sure that ShowMe is a good person with noble intentions. Sadly so many people like him fall down the rabbit-hole of believing anything that is endorsed by the extreme right…. even if it denies science.

Don’t be like ShowMe. Remember….this is the same man that said this a few months ago:
Show Me wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:03 am Trump could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and he would not lose my vote.
I’m now following my beloved Barack Obama. If he doesn’t need a mask indoors with 100’s why should I?
Like I said its all BS. Of all people if he really thought a mask would protect him and his guests they would have required them. Obviously they did not. That’s my beef. Your leaders want you to obey but they don’t.
ajcalhoun
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:28 am Obvious Show Me is a Trump Zombie, part of the cult that has lost all unbias thinking. Mind manipulation and brainwashed without a doubt.
1. No doubt masking works, been proven without a doubt, reason it hasn't stopped the spread is because of the Anti mask crowd that is keeping the virus and spread of covid-19 alive. We would be back to normal with 80+ % vaccination and mask mitagation!!!
2. Herd Immunity with Covid-19 is a reckless, stupid and inhumane idea, You do not enable herd immunity with a virus that is so deadly, To achieve herd immunity with covid=19 without the vaccine would have led to millions of deaths, are you a Christian, no Christian would preach such a thing as it is ok for millions of Americans to die. Not only anti Christian but anti American. Go somewhere!!!
3. No leaders have not lied, the virus changed because of the anti mask/anti vax crowd keeping it alive, and mutating into a much more deadly and infectious strain. No lies circumstances change adjustments are made as expected.
Note: The Crowd that believes as Show Me have been so manipulated over the past 5 years they have no idea of what reality is. They minds have been taken over and they lost all reasoning ability, spewing the same unthoughtful bs. Brainwashed by lies: Democratic Hoax, Virus will Disappear, only 15 or so cases total, hydroxichloriquine kills covid, bleach/sanitizer by injection might work, These are minds that represent a cult of manipulation. Their hate for liberals has crowded their judgement for truth and reality. This Conservative of President Reagan has too strong commitment to do the right thing refuses to be manipulated. We will regain the Republican Party of President Reagan and end this manipulation and deceit. We will pick up the pieces and defeat the liberals and return control of government to middle America away from the extremes of both parties. God Bless America!!!
I have a good friend who is on disability and all he does is smoke weed and watch CNN all day. You sound just like him.
God Bless Everyone!
gbgreenie
Surge

ajcalhoun wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:33 am
gbgreenie wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:28 am Obvious Show Me is a Trump Zombie, part of the cult that has lost all unbias thinking. Mind manipulation and brainwashed without a doubt.
1. No doubt masking works, been proven without a doubt, reason it hasn't stopped the spread is because of the Anti mask crowd that is keeping the virus and spread of covid-19 alive. We would be back to normal with 80+ % vaccination and mask mitagation!!!
2. Herd Immunity with Covid-19 is a reckless, stupid and inhumane idea, You do not enable herd immunity with a virus that is so deadly, To achieve herd immunity with covid=19 without the vaccine would have led to millions of deaths, are you a Christian, no Christian would preach such a thing as it is ok for millions of Americans to die. Not only anti Christian but anti American. Go somewhere!!!
3. No leaders have not lied, the virus changed because of the anti mask/anti vax crowd keeping it alive, and mutating into a much more deadly and infectious strain. No lies circumstances change adjustments are made as expected.
Note: The Crowd that believes as Show Me have been so manipulated over the past 5 years they have no idea of what reality is. They minds have been taken over and they lost all reasoning ability, spewing the same unthoughtful bs. Brainwashed by lies: Democratic Hoax, Virus will Disappear, only 15 or so cases total, hydroxichloriquine kills covid, bleach/sanitizer by injection might work, These are minds that represent a cult of manipulation. Their hate for liberals has crowded their judgement for truth and reality. This Conservative of President Reagan has too strong commitment to do the right thing refuses to be manipulated. We will regain the Republican Party of President Reagan and end this manipulation and deceit. We will pick up the pieces and defeat the liberals and return control of government to middle America away from the extremes of both parties. God Bless America!!!
I have a good friend who is on disability and all he does is smoke weed and watch CNN all day. You sound just like him.
Nope I am retired and watch all channels weed through the BS.
I was an Fox and Hannity Zombie from the Reagan years until Trump corrupted Fox and they became his cult voice. Kimberly Guilfolye dating Trump Jr., Hannity sucking up to Trump sharing lawyers. Lies grew on Fox as I watch both Fox and CNN during the 2016 Presidential race. One by one Trump's butt kisser cronies lied for him to Congress and the American People and Fox licked his butt. Cohan, Stone, Flynn, Bannon, and others serving jail time to make the Trump Administration the most corrupt in history. One by one his appointees resigned, the internal resistance in the Republican Party tried taking Trump down from inside his administration. His own testified against him saying he was a danger to American security. Not one Democrat all Republicans Mueller, Comey, 7 witnesses for Impeachment were all Republicans trying to take Trump down. but Fox defended him.
Last edited by gbgreenie on Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show Me
Tsunami

You all have it all wrong. I am an ultra-conservative, and that is the only thing you are right about. The problem I have with this is that I am a responsible American citizen .. who runs a business and employs many. I have a wife and kids a home and a couple of cars and I even pay my taxes, which is a lot more than probably half the people I’d call my fellow Americans. I do what we should all be doing my own research. I take the precautions I need to take to protect my friends, family and community the best that I can. At the beginning of this, I stayed home, I had my groceries delivered to my 90 year old mother. Does that tell you I am not young, stupid, uneducated or an idiot. I wore my mask until I was vaccinated. What I’m irritated about is that our society has become such fear mongers that most don’t even bother to get real information for themselves. They only listen to what they hear and see on social media. We can’t even breathe without thinking we’re gonna die, or better yet asking Facebook for permission. People just need to do what right for themselves. Like all of you are currently doing even though we may disagree on what’s best for each of us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:48 pm You all have it all wrong. I am an ultra-conservative, and that is the only thing you are right about. The problem I have with this is that I am a responsible American citizen .. who runs a business and employs many. I have a wife and kids a home and a couple of cars and I even pay my taxes, which is a lot more than probably half the people I’d call my fellow Americans. I do what we should all be doing my own research. I take the precautions I need to take to protect my friends, family and community the best that I can. At the beginning of this, I stayed home, I had my groceries delivered to my 90 year old mother. Does that tell you I am not young, stupid, uneducated or an idiot. I wore my mask until I was vaccinated. What I’m irritated about is that our society has become such fear mongers that most don’t even bother to get real information for themselves. They only listen to what they hear and see on social media. We can’t even breathe without thinking we’re gonna die, or better yet asking Facebook for permission. People just need to do what right for themselves. Like all of you are currently doing even though we may disagree on what’s best for each of us.
So you lied when you said your wife died three years ago. The people believing what they read on social media are the ones helping spread the disease. The rest of us believe the science. We also pay Tulane what we owe them.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:01 am
Show Me wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:48 pm You all have it all wrong. I am an ultra-conservative, and that is the only thing you are right about. The problem I have with this is that I am a responsible American citizen .. who runs a business and employs many. I have a wife and kids a home and a couple of cars and I even pay my taxes, which is a lot more than probably half the people I’d call my fellow Americans. I do what we should all be doing my own research. I take the precautions I need to take to protect my friends, family and community the best that I can. At the beginning of this, I stayed home, I had my groceries delivered to my 90 year old mother. Does that tell you I am not young, stupid, uneducated or an idiot. I wore my mask until I was vaccinated. What I’m irritated about is that our society has become such fear mongers that most don’t even bother to get real information for themselves. They only listen to what they hear and see on social media. We can’t even breathe without thinking we’re gonna die, or better yet asking Facebook for permission. People just need to do what right for themselves. Like all of you are currently doing even though we may disagree on what’s best for each of us.
So you lied when you said your wife died three years ago. The people believing what they read on social media are the ones helping spread the disease. The rest of us believe the science. We also pay Tulane what we owe them.
Nope. She died. I remarried 1 year ago. She too also lost her husband. Believe what makes you feel right.
You lied with your fake headlines“Must be vaccinated”
Highwave
Low Tide

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:42 pm
I was an Fox and Hannity Zombie from the Reagan years until Trump corrupted Fox and they became his cult voice. Kimberly Guilfolye dating Trump Jr., Hannity sucking up to Trump sharing lawyers. Lies grew on Fox as I watch both Fox and CNN during the 2016 Presidential race. One by one Trump's butt kisser cronies lied for him to Congress and the American People and Fox licked his butt. Cohan, Stone, Flynn, Bannon, and others serving jail time to make the Trump Administration the most corrupt in history. One by one his appointees resigned, the internal resistance in the Republican Party tried taking Trump down from inside his administration. His own testified against him saying he was a danger to American security. Not one Democrat all Republicans Mueller, Comey, 7 witnesses for Impeachment were all Republicans trying to take Trump down. but Fox defended him.
gbg, I call BS. You are Charmin soft and if you ever voted for Reagan it’s because you couldn’t read the ballot. Also, NCIS: Nola sucked.

Winwave, you are right on a lot of things TU athletics, but stick to that bc your Biden-bot routine is brutal. Perhaps if you had the brain capacity to fit both Tulane football history and analysis of medical journals (as opposed to popular media headlines) you’d realize how absurd it is to “mask up” in an outdoor stadium, and how much riskier it is to mask 3 year olds outdoors in 100 degree heat than it is for such kids to contract a virus that is less deadly than the flu they face off with annually. Of course, maybe masks help even the playing field for you, as with gbg.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:49 am
winwave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:01 am
Nope. She died. I remarried 1 year ago. She too also lost her husband. Believe what makes you feel right.
You lied with your fake headlines“Must be vaccinated”
You lied when you said you'd pay Tulane $50,000. No credibility with all the debunked articles you've posted.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Highwave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:06 am

gbg, I call BS. You are Charmin soft and if you ever voted for Reagan it’s because you couldn’t read the ballot. Also, NCIS: Nola sucked.

Winwave, you are right on a lot of things TU athletics, but stick to that bc your Biden-bot routine is brutal. Perhaps if you had the brain capacity to fit both Tulane football history and analysis of medical journals (as opposed to popular media headlines) you’d realize how absurd it is to “mask up” in an outdoor stadium, and how much riskier it is to mask 3 year olds outdoors in 100 degree heat than it is for such kids to contract a virus that is less deadly than the flu they face off with annually. Of course, maybe masks help even the playing field for you, as with gbg.
Unlike you I don't get my information from any news outlet. I get it from my wife who is one of the lead epidemiologist for the La. Dept. of Health. She has to review every COVID death file to verify it as a COVID death. It is breaking her heart to read all of the files on so may young people. Masking up in an outdoor stadium is to prevent a super spreader event. This is much more deadly than the flu.
Dave breslin
Swell

How is football practice going ??
gbgreenie
Surge

winwave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:13 am

Unlike you I don't get my information from any news outlet. I get it from my wife who is one of the lead epidemiologist for the La. Dept. of Health. She has to review every COVID death file to verify it as a COVID death. It is breaking her heart to read all of the files on so may young people. Masking up in an outdoor stadium is to prevent a super spreader event. This is much more deadly than the flu.
I not only voted and campaigned for President Reagan, I was a delegate and advid Republican Party insider during his time in office. This Republican Party abandoned Reagan's ideals and got ambushed by the Alt Right Radicals, Reagan thought Conservative was also Moderate dealing with Tip O'Neil and compromising for the good of the country. 60/40 philosophy of majority gets 60% of its needs met and minority gets 40% making everyone happy.
[][/img]
gbgreenie
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:15 am

I not only voted and campaigned for President Reagan, I was a delegate and advid Republican Party insider during his time in office. This Republican Party abandoned Reagan's ideals and got ambushed by the Alt Right Radicals, Reagan thought Conservative was also Moderate dealing with Tip O'Neil and compromising for the good of the country. 60/40 philosophy of majority gets 60% of its needs met and minority gets 40% making everyone happy.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:09 am

You lied when you said you'd pay Tulane $50,000. No credibility with all the debunked articles you've posted.
You only know that part of the story. Tulane is going to be the benefactor of a $1.5 million life insurance policy upon my death.
Show Me
Tsunami

Times change
John F Kennedy would be considered a Republican today. The Democrats would have little in common with his policies today.
anEngineer
Riptide

I don't really like politics on this site, but the Reagan dealing with Tip O'Neil was one of the most disastrous occurrences in the history of this country. Reagan agreed to amnesty for illegals in exchange for O'Neil's promise to secure the southern border. It was a typical Democrat lie and here we are.
gbgreenie
Surge

anEngineer wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:35 am

I don't really like politics on this site, but the Reagan dealing with Tip O'Neil was one of the most disastrous occurrences in the history of this country. Reagan agreed to amnesty for illegals in exchange for O'Neil's promise to secure the southern border. It was a typical Democrat lie and here we are.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:21 am

You only know that part of the story. Tulane is going to be the benefactor of a $1.5 million life insurance policy upon my death.
Sure it is. Just like they were getting $50k from you.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:52 am

Signed sealed and delivered
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Times change
John F Kennedy would be considered a Republican today. The Democrats would have little in common with his policies today.
[/quote]

This is complete b.s. JFK would in no way, shape, or form be considered a Republican today as he would never support the Republican’s January 6 insurrection on our nation’s Capital. If Ronald Reagan was alive today I am sure he would have left the Republican Party due to the GOP’s trashing of democracy and election conspiracy claims. Both Kennedy and Reagan believed in democracy unlike today’s GOP.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:15 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:52 am
Signed sealed and delivered
Check's in the mail. :roll:
Bigschtick
Riptide

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:41 pm Times change
This is complete b.s. JFK would in no way, shape, or form be considered a Republican today as he would never support the Republican’s January 6 insurrection on our nation’s Capital. If RonalWell said!d Reagan was alive today I am sure he would have left the Republican Party due to the GOP’s trashing of democracy and election conspiracy claims. Both Kennedy and Reagan believed in democracy unlike today’s GOP.
[/quote]

Well said!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Show Me
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:11 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:41 pm Times change
This is complete b.s. JFK would in no way, shape, or form be considered a Republican today as he would never support the Republican’s January 6 insurrection on our nation’s Capital. If RonalWell said!d Reagan was alive today I am sure he would have left the Republican Party due to the GOP’s trashing of democracy and election conspiracy claims. Both Kennedy and Reagan believed in democracy unlike today’s GOP.
Well said!
[/quote]
Your opinion only. However many would disagree.
https://badgerherald.com/opinion/2017/1 ... -liberals/
Kennedy’s record looks more like that of a modern political conservative than a liberal. If he returned to see the Democratic Party, he would find it unrecognizable from his party in 1963. The key policies he held dear have been extinguished by Democrats today.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am good to go...I'm always negative
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !