Next Wave of Re-Alignment

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Pepper
Swell

41k? Seriously?

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:42 am41k? Seriously?
Tulane would have an orgasm if they had a stadium like Colorado State

https://csurams.com/facilities/canvas-stadium/17

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... ip6BAgNEAM
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

CSU has all kinds of data on its stadium, including seating capacity.

TU site has none on Yulman, except for when it opened and the cost.

All you need to know.

LOLOLOLOL
GreenLantern
Riptide

Air Force and CSU have decided to reject the offer to join the AAC. Oh well... things couldn't have gone much worse.

https://www.mwcconnection.com/2021/10/1 ... ntain-west
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:08 am Air Force and CSU have decided to reject the offer to join the AAC. Oh well... things couldn't have gone much worse.

Not good. Have to rob CUSA
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:40 am
GreenLantern wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:08 am Air Force and CSU have decided to reject the offer to join the AAC. Oh well... things couldn't have gone much worse.

Not good. Have to rob CUSA
My fear was when the Pac 12 & Big 10 passed on all of the Little 8, this where we would be; and, here we are.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:45 pm
Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:42 am41k? Seriously?
Tulane would have an orgasm if they had a stadium like Colorado State

https://csurams.com/facilities/canvas-stadium/17

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... ip6BAgNEAM
Yea. CSU has a real stadium. Not a weird looking lopsided compromise.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Yea. Looks like Aresco and AAC have been left at the alter. The onus falls on the member schools that didn’t get an invite to the Big 12–their programs haven’t progressed enough to even attract a school from the MWC. Every remaining AAC school has now reached their day of reckoning. Either invest and build your program urgently, or slip away for good.
Jaxwave
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:30 am Yea. Looks like Aresco and AAC have been left at the alter. The onus falls on the member schools that didn’t get an invite to the Big 12–their programs haven’t progressed enough to even attract a school from the MWC. Every remaining AAC school has now reached their day of reckoning. Either invest and build your program urgently, or slip away for good.
I agree and we can all guess which way Tulane administration will pick based on its history.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:30 am Yea. Looks like Aresco and AAC have been left at the alter. The onus falls on the member schools that didn’t get an invite to the Big 12–their programs haven’t progressed enough to even attract a school from the MWC. Every remaining AAC school has now reached their day of reckoning. Either invest and build your program urgently, or slip away for good.
we will see...the only reason UH was selected was TV sets, hell of a good basketball team, but many big12 schools had to be sold on UH, theyhave a personality problem...CIncy, has had no long term success, some damn good seasons but not giant killers.. the big loss is UCF, that said, I think they will lose another 3 games.....Memphis, Tulsa, SMU have all had several good seasons, and been competitive and have beaten PEE's.. ...Colorado State and Air Force think the Mtn West is going to have the goose lay a golden media rites egg, they are wrong...no one is up when they kick off... Hell UAB, Liberty, Coastal all bring more long term than either CSU or Air Force
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

The AAC media rights are going in the toilet with losing Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF while maybe gaining UAB since Air Force and CSU are off the table.
TURVS71
Swell

When you MAKE YOUR SELF UNATTRACTIVE, this is what you get. The Pretty Girl gets all the attention and the ugly girl sits home on Friday Night.....We are UGLY!!

This is when I really lose my patience with Tulane….Dannen remains quiet and invisible…I was a Dannen Fan but now I see that there have been no real accomplishments during his tenure. The AAC, IMO opinion is dying and Tulane along with it ….
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The AAC will announce that a longtime FBS football power with a tiny TV market and not very big fan base is joining. The powers at ESPN support this and the school has rejected invites from the SunBelt awaiting this opportunity. Nobody on this board will be happy. But I predict they'll win some games, very possibly including beating us, that those that look down their noses at FCS football would NEVER expect them to win.

I'm not happy if/when this happens, because it is a shinning example of how bad a spot this conference is in. It will also demonstrate once again how ESPN calls the shots more than most believe. AAC reps have met with this school's President multiple times. I'm not positive it's imminent, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen if the AAC stays together for a couple more years. My sources are deep within this University's highest levels of administration.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:15 pm The AAC will announce that a longtime FBS football power with a tiny TV market and not very big fan base is joining. The powers at ESPN support this and the school has rejected invites from the SunBelt awaiting this opportunity. Nobody on this board will be happy. But I predict they'll win some games, very possibly including beating us, that those that look down their noses at FCS football would NEVER expect them to win.

I'm not happy if/when this happens, because it is a shinning example of how bad a spot this conference is in. It will also demonstrate once again how ESPN calls the shots more than most believe. AAC reps have met with this school's President multiple times. I'm not positive it's imminent, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen if the AAC stays together for a couple more years. My sources are deep within this University's highest levels of administration.
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania?
🤔
MicMan
Swell

La-Monroe. RichRod's homecoming!
Last edited by MicMan on Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

App state ? Liberty ?

We are in a bad spot, no doubt. We needed to add boise when they wanted to (last 3 years) and help them find a spot for their other sports.

The BiG 12 destroyed us when they took 4 schools but IN PARTICULAR when they leaked they weren’t done expanding. If everyone thought expansion was done for now we would also be in a much better spot.

Everyone hates Liberty, and I think our administration would turn their noses up at app state and Liberty. . . BUT there is no doubt they are competitive and would add eye balls (despite app being a small market, they are well known) and have had sustained success (Liberty is just going to keep getting better and better).
RWR
Swell

I believe he meant to say FCS longtime power.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

So, apparently, Dannen is a beaten man. I suppose we should expect his departure soon?
nawlinspete
Riptide

RWR wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:52 pm I believe he meant to say FCS longtime power.
The usual error from connecticut ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

Back to the Future ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Pepper
Swell

I honestly believe the University always wanted to go smaller but didn't want the stink on their faces. They can now leverage their position that the decisions made by other outside Gibson Hall. CUSA is where this school belongs. Shitty facilities, shitty band, shitty student support, etc.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
galvezwave
Swell

Colorado state , Boise state, middle Vermont state, central Kentucky state. None of it matters. Tulane has permanently placed itself in its current position (purposefully) in the pecking order. It’s done. It’s been done . If you’re not interested in competing with (and losing to) the UABs of the world, well I don’t have good news for you. The AAC will either add more filler and move on or dissolve and we’ll be back in cusa or the sunbelt . Where we belong , quite frankly.
Pepper said it better above , should have read his post first
galvezwave
Swell

The old Tulane fans ( anyone around through the early 80s) are dinosaurs. We either accept the fate of being slightly better than Nichols state on the grid iron or find a real program to support . The ‘new’ Tulane fan is happy to win 6. Thinks half filled yulman is a huge crowd, thinks winning 3 joke bowls is a major accomplishment. We’re not the target audience anymore guys. We’ve been “cancelled” as they say. But nobody told us .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The final nail in the Tulane athletic coffin may have just been delivered when the NLRB ruled that college athletes are employees.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:15 pm The AAC will announce that a longtime FBS football power with a tiny TV market and not very big fan base is joining. The powers at ESPN support this and the school has rejected invites from the SunBelt awaiting this opportunity. Nobody on this board will be happy. But I predict they'll win some games, very possibly including beating us, that those that look down their noses at FCS football would NEVER expect them to win.

North Dakota State or Sam Houston State?