Next Wave of Re-Alignment

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

According to The Atlantic the imminent re-alignment of the Power 5 will be poaching among themselves , with NO LADDER UP FOR THE G5 .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
ajcalhoun
Swell

That's not surprising but a lot of people don't want to admit it. As of yesterday we now have a P4 or A4 instead of a P5 and A5. Bob Bowlsby knows it, the Scramblin' 8 knows it, and ESPN damn sure knows it but none them are going to admit it publicly.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:02 pm That's not surprising but a lot of people don't want to admit it. As of yesterday we now have a P4 or A4 instead of a P5 and A5. Bob Bowlsby knows it, the Scramblin' 8 knows it, and ESPN damn sure knows it but none them are going to admit it publicly.
Scrambling’ 8 😂😂😂. I don’t doubt the old P5 conferences will try to first poach from each other. But in the end, they’ll be some P5 remnants, who will need to combine with the best of the G5–and we can only hope that Tulane can squeeze into the cobbled conference.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:09 pm According to The Atlantic the imminent re-alignment of the Power 5 will be poaching among themselves , with NO LADDER UP FOR THE G5 .
So, is it the University Presidents, whom you say prioritize academics over the almighty dollar, or writers at The Atlantic that decide who joins whichever conference?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:50 am
nawlinspete wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:09 pm According to The Atlantic the imminent re-alignment of the Power 5 will be poaching among themselves , with NO LADDER UP FOR THE G5 .
So, is it the University Presidents, whom you say prioritize academics over the almighty dollar, or writers at The Atlantic that decide who joins whichever conference?
There may be no ladders up for G5 teams, but there is a decent chance there may be a few ladders down for some P5 leaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

A 12 pac here...a big 12 there and you have an even two dozen, except when ya don't ..but they are goin' to talk about it anyway
https://www.si.com/college/2021/08/03/b ... e-alliance
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

This MAY be Tulane's last chance at moving up. This administration and Athletic Dept MUST, in some way, sweeten the pot or make a dam good sales pitch for us to be included in any realignment plans!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:37 am This MAY be Tulane's last chance at moving up. This administration and Athletic Dept MUST, in some way, sweeten the pot or make a dam good sales pitch for us to be included in any realignment plans!
I really wonder how much Fitts and Dannen are even paying attention to what is going on. My guess is they'll outsource our fate to Aresco--anything more probably requires too much individual effort.
nawlinspete
Riptide

HW's continued public criticism is counter productive and probably making Fitts' and Dannen's efforts less credible .

Let's give the President and the AD the benefit of the doubt here , for Tulane's and OUR sake .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bigschtick
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:53 am
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:37 am This MAY be Tulane's last chance at moving up. This administration and Athletic Dept MUST, in some way, sweeten the pot or make a dam good sales pitch for us to be included in any realignment plans!
I really wonder how much Fitts and Dannen are even paying attention to what is going on. My guess is they'll outsource our fate to Aresco--anything more probably requires too much individual effort.
Exactly!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:00 pm HW's continued public criticism is counter productive and probably making Fitts' and Dannen's efforts less credible .

Let's give the President and the AD the benefit of the doubt here , for Tulane's and OUR sake .
Pete, your nonsense is counter productive. Fitts, and especially Dannen, have not done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt. The college athletic world is very dynamic at the moment, either our leaders are engaged or they are not--history would suggest the latter.
Jaxwave
Swell

I give any Tulane President and AD full benefit of the doubt. They are dealing with a bad hand inherited from a long line of poor decisions by previous administrations. If they pull off Tulane getting into a conference that is regarded as anything but a minor league for the top 50-60 schools it will be a miracle.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:53 pm I give any Tulane President and AD full benefit of the doubt. They are dealing with a bad hand inherited from a long line of poor decisions by previous administrations. If they pull off Tulane getting into a conference that is regarded as anything but a minor league for the top 50-60 schools it will be a miracle.
We certainly shall see!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:53 pm I give any Tulane President and AD full benefit of the doubt. They are dealing with a bad hand inherited from a long line of poor decisions by previous administrations. If they pull off Tulane getting into a conference that is regarded as anything but a minor league for the top 50-60 schools it will be a miracle.
And how has Fitts and Dannen improved that bad hand over the past five years?
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:02 am
Tell us exactly what things would have made some difference and they could have done, but chose not to?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:20 pm
Tell us exactly what things would have made some difference and they could have done, but chose not to?
You really don't know? How about nearly zero fundraising or related facilities improvement; or giving us an historically bad men's basketball program; or running our baseball program into the ground; rewarding mediocre to horrendous coaching; or an unwillingness to even communicate what they are doing for the athletic program. Yea, they got a bad hand handed to them, but where is the evidence that they've done anything to significantly improve our chance in realignment? And no, they don't get any benefit of the doubt, until they start to show some effective performance. It's time to hold them accountable--and just riding the AAC coattails won't tell us anything about what they did or didn't do during this round of realignment. I hate to say it, but any benefit from being in the AAC still goes to the Cow/Dick crowd.
ajcalhoun
Swell

I don't think our fan base is large enough to be considered for one of the power conferences.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from OKC.....OK State sportswriter shares his email and responses
https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/ ... 497102001/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate"..the AAC is located at 545, the Big12 at 400 E John Carpenter, Irving, TX
https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data=NXf ... =200&w=652
gbgreenie
Surge

ajcalhoun wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:49 pm I don't think our fan base is large enough to be considered for one of the power conferences.
Agree, our school is running on empty, trying to be a Power 5 school with a fan base that can't half fill its small stadium at times. Fans and money talk. Small time fans equal small time athletic program.
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:40 pm

You really don't know? How about nearly zero fundraising or related facilities improvement; or giving us an historically bad men's basketball program; or running our baseball program into the ground; rewarding mediocre to horrendous coaching; or an unwillingness to even communicate what they are doing for the athletic program. Yea, they got a bad hand handed to them, but where is the evidence that they've done anything to significantly improve our chance in realignment? And no, they don't get any benefit of the doubt, until they start to show some effective performance. It's time to hold them accountable--and just riding the AAC coattails won't tell us anything about what they did or didn't do during this round of realignment. I hate to say it, but any benefit from being in the AAC still goes to the Cow/Dick crowd.
They just totally re-built the weight room. They are about to complete the student-athlete academic center. They have the money for a state of the art tennis center and are working to finalize the details. They just replaced the lighting at Turchin to LED. They built an athletics media center from which they can produce their own content. All of this was done with money that was fundraised, unless you think they just found it. Green Wave Club and Olive and Blue Society are increasing in members every year to generate funds. What makes you think they aren't raising money? Is it because Troy Dannen doesn't report it directly to you? This is one of the silliest statements that keeps getting repeated on this site and has zero truth.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:47 am
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:40 pm

They just totally re-built the weight room. They are about to complete the student-athlete academic center. They have the money for a state of the art tennis center and are working to finalize the details. They just replaced the lighting at Turchin to LED. They built an athletics media center from which they can produce their own content. All of this was done with money that was fundraised, unless you think they just found it. Green Wave Club and Olive and Blue Society are increasing in members every year to generate funds. What makes you think they aren't raising money? Is it because Troy Dannen doesn't report it directly to you? This is one of the silliest statements that keeps getting repeated on this site and has zero truth.
What’s silly you citing those (per Dannen’s pathetic letter) as significant fund raisers—what a joke. Citing those examples ( as Dannen did) are just admissions of a complete failure to raise funds and improve facilities. My view of Dannen’s fund raising failure isn’t because he hasn’t reported anything to me—it’s because he hasn’t reported anything of significance to anybody—because nothing of significance has been done since he got here. Do you have an equally warped view of his failed coaching hires? None of what he has done has improved the “bad hand” he was given. He has literally wasted the last five years
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete
Riptide

All we have 'to fear is fear itself ....'