Texas and OU to SEC ?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18712
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:13 pm

They are in talks with the SEC and an announcement could come in a couple of weeks.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Small time facilities for small time programs.
austxwave
Low Tide
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:35 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:18 pm

only thing shocking about this is that A&M wouldn't throw a hissy fit about this.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18712
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:18 pm

Small time facilities for small time programs.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21185
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 pm

I see the Super Conferences developing. 16 teams each conference.
Would be excellent move for those two IMO. That would open 2 spots in the Big 12 Houston and probably Memphis or SMU would get an invite unless they go to 16 teams then we have a shot.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:12 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:33 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 pm
I see the Super Conferences developing. 16 teams each conference.
Would be excellent move for those two IMO. That would open 2 spots in the Big 12 Houston and probably Memphis or SMU would get an invite unless they go to 16 teams then we have a shot.
Merger between Big 12 and AAC if Texas and Oklahoma go to SEC.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21185
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:35 pm

gbgreenie wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:33 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 pm
I see the Super Conferences developing. 16 teams each conference.
Would be excellent move for those two IMO. That would open 2 spots in the Big 12 Houston and probably Memphis or SMU would get an invite unless they go to 16 teams then we have a shot.
Merger between Big 12 and AAC if Texas and Oklahoma go to SEC.
I wonder. There’s not much there without Texas and OU.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18712
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:45 pm

Nineteen teams is too many. Does the Big 12 go for 4 to get to 12? Lots of possibilities.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4354
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:52 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:35 pm
gbgreenie wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:33 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 pm
I see the Super Conferences developing. 16 teams each conference.
Would be excellent move for those two IMO. That would open 2 spots in the Big 12 Houston and probably Memphis or SMU would get an invite unless they go to 16 teams then we have a shot.
Merger between Big 12 and AAC if Texas and Oklahoma go to SEC.
I wonder. There’s not much there without Texas and OU.
I can see the Big 12 orphans in Texas, and maybe Oklahoma State, will try to create a strong regional 16-team conference. The "leftover" conferences are going to need to control travel expenses, leading to regional pod play. Tulane might get a shot at any Texas/Oklahoma oriented conference. I can see a strong regional conference of Okie State, Texas Tech, TCU, SMU, Tulsa, Baylor, UH, Rice, Tulane, ULL, La. Tech, North Texas, Memphis, Colorado State, Kansas, and Kansas State. Put them in four four-team pods, have a three game playoff, and save a ton on travel expenses.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4354
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:59 pm

The realignment chaos is about to begin again. A chance for Fitts and Dannen to earn their pay, or not.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4354
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:00 pm

winwave wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:45 pm
Nineteen teams is too many. Does the Big 12 go for 4 to get to 12? Lots of possibilities.
Way too big. This is a chance to develop a 16-team regional conference--to cut travel costs and build some regional rivalries again.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4354
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:09 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:35 pm
gbgreenie wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:33 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 pm
I see the Super Conferences developing. 16 teams each conference.
Would be excellent move for those two IMO. That would open 2 spots in the Big 12 Houston and probably Memphis or SMU would get an invite unless they go to 16 teams then we have a shot.
Merger between Big 12 and AAC if Texas and Oklahoma go to SEC.
I wonder. There’s not much there without Texas and OU.
A chance for the Big 12 to undo it's WVa. mistake.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 4354
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Maybe the Big 12's Bob Bowlsby will finally wake up. Go big or go home.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
MicMan
Surge
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:52 pm

TU out in the cold after realignment.
User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 2699
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:08 pm

MicMan wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:52 pm
TU out in the cold after realignment.
Ain't that the truth!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18712
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:56 pm

Small time facilities for small time programs.
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Online

Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:25 pm

MicMan wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:52 pm
TU out in the cold after realignment.
:roll: 🍔🍟🥤👹
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3876
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:43 pm

austxwave wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:18 pm
only thing shocking about this is that A&M wouldn't throw a hissy fit about this.
Only one vote. Won’t amount to anything. Those two are in for sure.
Dave breslin
Swell
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:53 pm

There will be an episode on The Haves and Have Nots about the demise of the ncaa after Texas and OU skeedadle. Guess what part we are going to play!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18712
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:59 pm

Could go down to 30-40 teams in the top division:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... d8149.html
Small time facilities for small time programs.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21185
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:10 pm

winwave wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:59 pm
Could go down to 30-40 teams in the top division:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... d8149.html
Make it or break it for Tulane.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18712
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:22 pm

Not looking good in that scenario.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21185
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm

winwave wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:22 pm
Not looking good in that scenario.
Yes. No doubt. I’ll really have to consider giving up my time and support if we’re not in that number. I’m not interested in a lower division. G5 hard enough to swallow but if they go to 30-40 teams and we don’t make the cut I’ll become a casual non active non donor fan like most other Tulane fans have already become.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 2291
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:36 pm

MicMan wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:52 pm
TU out in the cold after realignment.
I don't know. We could be joined at the hip with TCU again.
Welcome to gotula.net, where no horse is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10645
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:59 pm

Is this in the right forum? Shouldn't it be in Der Rathskeller?
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18712
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:38 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm
winwave wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:22 pm
Not looking good in that scenario.
Yes. No doubt. I’ll really have to consider giving up my time and support if we’re not in that number. I’m not interested in a lower division. G5 hard enough to swallow but if they go to 30-40 teams and we don’t make the cut I’ll become a casual non active non donor fan like most other Tulane fans have already become.
If that happens the support will greatly diminish and they'll go D-III .
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Post Reply